Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Default Loading a map from an SD card onto a Nuvi 57LM

Hello everyone,

I bought a brand new 2015 Garmin Nuvi 57LM. I have also purchased a Garmin Map of Israel off of Ebay. Once I received the sd card, I inserted it into the unit and it came back with two errors. The first one was "cannot unlock maps" and the second one read "corrupt maps". I would really appreciate it if somebody can help me load up the maps from the sd card onto the GPS.

From reading some of the threads, I understand that I have the newest one which doesn't allow "unlocked" maps to be displayed. If you can help me, please let me know by replying to the thread or PMing me. Thanks in advance.

2.    Advertissements

Important User Loading a map from an SD card onto a Nuvi 57LM
    Loading a map from an SD card onto a Nuvi 57LMLoading a map from an SD card onto a Nuvi 57LMLoading a map from an SD card onto a Nuvi 57LMLoading a map from an SD card onto a Nuvi 57LMLoading a map from an SD card onto a Nuvi 57LMLoading a map from an SD card onto a Nuvi 57LMLoading a map from an SD card onto a Nuvi 57LM

You got my pm
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Since I am only seeking my device to read the unlocked maps on the sd card, I am thinking that I only need to reverse the firmware on my device. So I only need to follow the steps under " how to reverse back your device to a previous fw". I have looked inside the folder "Garmin" on the GPS and I found only two XML documents; DeviceConfig_2DFootprints_Enabled and GarminDevice. I looked through the latter and found that the software version is 230. I also didn't see the gupdate.gcd inside the Garmin folder. I only have the two XML documents. Thanks again.

Important User Loading a map from an SD card onto a Nuvi 57LM
    Loading a map from an SD card onto a Nuvi 57LMLoading a map from an SD card onto a Nuvi 57LMLoading a map from an SD card onto a Nuvi 57LMLoading a map from an SD card onto a Nuvi 57LMLoading a map from an SD card onto a Nuvi 57LMLoading a map from an SD card onto a Nuvi 57LMLoading a map from an SD card onto a Nuvi 57LM

As I wrote in my pm check this similar thread [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Quote Originally Posted by catymag View Post
    You got my pm
    I am having the same issue, could you please let me know what I am supposed to do so that I can read North America map? If I have to reverse fm, which version should be good?

I am having the same problem with my Nuvi 57lm. Your help is much appreciated!