Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Default how to install img file on Garmin proprietary memory card (276c,278,478)

Someone might be interested:
    Hello World

since we know how to update maps on 278,478.. and how to install maps as img file on internal memory WITHOUT of MapSource (Basecamp),
    there was only one big thing missing:
    how the hell to install img file directly on Garmin propietary memory card,
    without having maps installed in MS.
    The problem was killing me for long years.

And here I proudly represent you my answer:
    -put map as img file(gmapsupp) in folder "test" on local disk "C" (not! in folder "garmin")
    you need "WebUpdater.exe" in folder "Garmin" on "C"
    -connect Garmin 278 (276c,478...)WITH memory card to PC
    -run DOS box with command:

c:\Garmin\WebUpdater\WebUpdater.exe /upload_file rgn=10 path=c:\test\gmapsupp.img -autorun usb /i

Voila' the map will be installed on the "weird" memory card!
    Yes the rgn=10 is the magic code number for the Garmin propietary card!
    (don't ask me how I found it )
    I think those GPSs are still the best for off road and now we have the powerful tool to make them even more "user friendly"
    Last edited by catymag; 2nd August 2014 at 02:55 AM. Reason: replaced link with post

2.    Advertissements

is there a way to load the map directly to internal memory like replacing the base map to device 276C?

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. how to install img file on Garmin proprietary memory card (276c,278,478)
    how to install img file on Garmin proprietary memory card (276c,278,478)how to install img file on Garmin proprietary memory card (276c,278,478)how to install img file on Garmin proprietary memory card (276c,278,478)how to install img file on Garmin proprietary memory card (276c,278,478)how to install img file on Garmin proprietary memory card (276c,278,478)how to install img file on Garmin proprietary memory card (276c,278,478)how to install img file on Garmin proprietary memory card (276c,278,478)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Quote Originally Posted by Hagawaga View Post
    (don't ask me how I found it )
    Hello!

Great work, I found the two rgn from 478er 49 and 77 of the both memoryareas with a batchfile that count on every step +1.
    I wrote that in naviboard.de in 2010... at first time...

You said "don't ask me!".... but I have to do this! Please let me know...please!

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. how to install img file on Garmin proprietary memory card (276c,278,478)
    how to install img file on Garmin proprietary memory card (276c,278,478)how to install img file on Garmin proprietary memory card (276c,278,478)how to install img file on Garmin proprietary memory card (276c,278,478)how to install img file on Garmin proprietary memory card (276c,278,478)how to install img file on Garmin proprietary memory card (276c,278,478)how to install img file on Garmin proprietary memory card (276c,278,478)how to install img file on Garmin proprietary memory card (276c,278,478)

Quote Originally Posted by gagamehl0815 View Post
    You said "don't ask me!".... but I have to do this! Please let me know...please!
    He hasn't logged on since August last year, so maybe he won't be aware of your question. Region 10 of course is used for storage of supplementary detail map [gmapsupp.img] in on-board memory for older units which do not have a card slot. For the units that do use a media card [and not just the proprietary Garmin card], region 10 is the address for the gmapsupp.img in the card's Garmin root folder and therefore it can't exist as a region on-board for such units. I guess maybe he found out the way i did, by dumping regions using GPSDaemon [thanks to juergenss in another Dutch forum] and then flashing a map image made into an .rgn file to hex region 0A [decimal 10] using Updater.exe. In a unit with a card slot it can only flash to there using region 0A/10: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [post #34].
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Vip Master how to install img file on Garmin proprietary memory card (276c,278,478)
    how to install img file on Garmin proprietary memory card (276c,278,478)how to install img file on Garmin proprietary memory card (276c,278,478)

When doing the yearly update of my 276c for the coming MC season I read this thread (and the links to other threads) and just want to point out one thing that is easy to forget.
    When updating these devices it is essential that they are connected to external power when updated. Fully charged battery is not enough! Error message of Communication error can be seen but also no error message but corrupted maps.
    And I fully agree with the thread starter that the 276c/278/478 still are superior when it comes to showing details in zooming out which is important in this use.