Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Default Is there any performance benefit to using single regional maps on older devices?

I am preparing a 2GB TT XL Live for a friend to take to Spain. The unit had a 925 Western Europe map which performed OK but sometimes seemed slow in rendering. I have loaded 940 Iberia and 940 UK and ROI, the 940 UK is so that he can get used to a TT before he flies out to Spain for a holiday.
    I have always been curious as to weather a smaller map file performs better mounted on the TT. Also if there is any difference in roads and other detail between say a 1.8GB Western Europe map displaying Iberia and the single Iberia map of 317MB.

2.    Advertissements

GPSPower Helper Is there any performance benefit to using single regional maps on older devices?
    Is there any performance benefit to using single regional maps on older devices?

Quote Originally Posted by Roydrage View Post
    I am preparing a 2GB TT XL Live for a friend to take to Spain. The unit had a 925 Western Europe map which performed OK but sometimes seemed slow in rendering. I have loaded 940 Iberia and 940 UK and ROI, the 940 UK is so that he can get used to a TT before he flies out to Spain for a holiday.
    I have always been curious as to weather a smaller map file performs better mounted on the TT. Also if there is any difference in roads and other detail between say a 1.8GB Western Europe map displaying Iberia and the single Iberia map of 317MB.
    Hey look at this here
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The best map you can put NavCore and conditions. 1º the ttgo to find gps data
    Europa West
    This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.
    Navigation door to door from the following countries:
    Andorra, Belgium, France, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Portugal,
    San Marino, Spain (including Canary and Balearic Islands), Switzerland, Ireland,
    Netherlands, United Kingdom and Vatican City.

These are the maps that I recommend for this device with 2 GB

Europe_1GB_West_940_5993 Navcore 8 y Navcore 9

Europe_West_940_5963 Navcore 9
    Last edited by QUIN1965; 15th February 2015 at 10:53 AM.

How to unhide links: After clicking LIKE this post, hidden links will be available.

Having updated the UK map on my wifes TT Live I remembered it is also a 2GB. Just out of interest I might (might!) load the 1GB (5993) or even the 2GB map (5997) onto her TT and try side by side with my spare that I have loaded UK and Iberia onto for my friend.

GPSPower Helper Is there any performance benefit to using single regional maps on older devices?
    Is there any performance benefit to using single regional maps on older devices?

Having updated the UK map on my wifes TT Live I remembered it is also a 2GB. Just out of interest I might (might!) load the 1GB (5993) or even the 2GB map (5997) onto her TT and try side by side with my spare that I have loaded UK and Iberia onto for my friend.
    Ok yes can put this map there meta, which carries NavCore dipositive
    Western_Europe_940_5997 - 1809 Mb Navcore 9

How to unhide links: After clicking LIKE this post, hidden links will be available.

whether a smaller map file performs better mounted on the TT. Also if there is any difference in roads and other detail between say a 1.8GB Western Europe map displaying Iberia and the single Iberia map of 317MB.
    One point: file size depends upon what's included (e.g. CSPEECH files). I don't have a reliable answer to the performance question, but if you have a large- and a small-area map including the area of interest, and enough space, you could load them both, and use them alternately to compare them. I'd like to see an answer from someone who knows, but I tend to prefer maps of the region I'm in.