Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Default Multiple maps on microSD for zumo 590

Simple question... when putting multiple map files on a microSD for a zumo 590, should they all go in a root folder named Garmin or in a folder named Map? Thanks!

2.    Advertissements

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Multiple maps on microSD for zumo 590
    Multiple maps on microSD for zumo 590Multiple maps on microSD for zumo 590Multiple maps on microSD for zumo 590Multiple maps on microSD for zumo 590Multiple maps on microSD for zumo 590Multiple maps on microSD for zumo 590Multiple maps on microSD for zumo 590

Either. It's a recent MTP device like 3597 and suchlike so it would be capable of using anyname.img however the universal gmapsupp.img should still work in Garmin root folder of the card.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Since it concerns multiple map files in one folder, they have to be (differently) named anyname.img. Do I understand correctly they can all go into either the Garmin root folder or the Map root folder on the microSD and it would work either way?

I have to mail the microSD to my cousin who is not very computer savvy. Otherwise I would choose one option and if not correct, let her change the name of the folder. Trying to avoid this.

Multiple maps on microSD for zumo 590Multiple maps on microSD for zumo 590Multiple maps on microSD for zumo 590Multiple maps on microSD for zumo 590Multiple maps on microSD for zumo 590Multiple maps on microSD for zumo 590Multiple maps on microSD for zumo 590

Yes, the names have to be different of course. Best to be descriptive: e.g. USA_Only.img; UK_ROI.img; NL.img. Or use literally 'anyname': e.g. anyname.img; anyname1.img; bloggs.img - in fact whatever you want within reason but only use Latin characters.

Can go in either or both of Garmin or Map root folder in my 3597. I'd use the Map folder by preference if i were you and give them all descriptively identifying naming.
    So your Cuz is a biker-chuck hey Bro .... [so damned hard to do a Kiwi accent in writing, idinit?]
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Issue is not so much the naming convention of the map files, but the name of the folder. Good to know it can be either on this unit when using custom file names.

You just stick to the Aussie accent. You're doing just fine, mate! Leave the Kiwi accent to the experts (I'm not even getting close to that...).

Righty-o then. I reckon you're sorted so we can mark this solved, unless you'd like to discuss the particular particularities of the Kiwi accent further - but i'm guessing not ..... [info for others: 'chuck' = chick. Like 'fush & chups' is how they say fish & chips, although the kiwis claim they don't sound like that at all and it's us that talk funny. They're good mates to have beside you in a war though].