Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VIP Master Garmin Marine Unit 8212 Charts
    Garmin Marine Unit 8212 ChartsGarmin Marine Unit 8212 ChartsGarmin Marine Unit 8212 Charts

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    @timp4411
    Did you isolate a copy of your firmware from that huge group pack download? If so, we can look to see if there are commands in it to allow copying from the SD card to the unit. It might be your only way to get charts onto the internal memory.
    Hi Neil.... Unfortunately... not yet. It's on my list to go thru that big update package.

I'll report when I do and hopefully I can identify something helpful.

Regards.
    Last edited by timp4411; 29th June 2015 at 02:55 PM.

2.    Advertissements

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Garmin Marine Unit 8212 Charts
    Garmin Marine Unit 8212 ChartsGarmin Marine Unit 8212 ChartsGarmin Marine Unit 8212 ChartsGarmin Marine Unit 8212 ChartsGarmin Marine Unit 8212 ChartsGarmin Marine Unit 8212 ChartsGarmin Marine Unit 8212 Charts

Ok, when you find your firmware just rar or zip it and upload it to 1fichier.com, bin.ge or zippyshare.com and i'll have a look at it.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

VIP Master Garmin Marine Unit 8212 Charts
    Garmin Marine Unit 8212 ChartsGarmin Marine Unit 8212 ChartsGarmin Marine Unit 8212 Charts

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Ok, when you find your firmware just rar or zip it and upload it to 1fichier.com, bin.ge or zippyshare.com and i'll have a look at it.
    Will do... Thanks !

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by timp4411 View Post
    Hi All. I've got a Garmin GPSMAP 8212 marine unit and it comes with pre-loaded charts. I want to add uypdated charts but according to Garmin there is no way to access the hard drive/SSD in the unit to add, delete, change, alter the maps/charts.

Garmin somehow loaded the Charts originally internally to the unit, so was it done whiel the unit was still disassembled at the factory, or is there some hidden way to gain access to the charts and firmware in the unit?

On the automotive units, you can push the screen in certain areas to gain access to hidden menus.

I am guessing it can be done on the newer Garmin marine units too. Once accessed, I suspect you an make the units load new charts from the SD card.

Also, someone on this forum asked me for a copy of the firmware files, but I don't know how to access them to copy.

I know this forum is more about automotive units, but I also know that there are several members who have marine units.

Does anyone have any idea how to get to the internal memory of the new "buttonless" units?

Thanks !

this is not answer... but i need marine who test my way i need only sd-serial and map info