Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Talking RAC300 with iGO not finding satellite any help please

Hi i have iGO8 and or Primo running on a RAC300 sat nav but it cant seem to find satellite. I Have tried all gps bandwiths and port 1 or 2.
    [gps]
    port="auto"
    baud="auto"

[gps]
    port="2"
    baud="9600"

[gps]
    port="2"
    baud="4800"

[gps]
    port="2"
    baud="57600"

[gps]
    port="2"
    baud="38400"

[gps]
    port="2"
    baud="1200"

[gps]
    port="2"
    baud="2400"

[gps]
    port="2"
    baud="19200"

[gps]
    port="2"
    baud="115200"

none work can anyone help with this Please:
    Last edited by wairuri; 1st January 2015 at 03:16 PM.

2.    Advertissements

Hi.
    Message "Autodetecting GPS receiver" or "Looking for GPS signal"?
    Try this:
    [gps]
    port="auto"
    baud="auto"
    And no [device] lines. Deleted save folder and start navigation. Wait min 10-15 minutes..

Try this gps port scan app: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by zsiga68; 1st January 2015 at 03:22 PM.

No need to complicate as iGO8 has "autodetect" option under settings. It should find the correct port/baud values..if not, than most probably GPS port is in "use" and that happens sometimes when the unlocking procedure was wrong and the original sw still works in background.

Hi zsiga68 how do you use GPSScan_Debug.exe. thanks

Hi Janch can i unlock again or is there a command in system text to force sat gps to stop running in back round ? Any ideas woul be helpful

No, you cannot simply end task or end program trough the iGO sys command. This should be done with additional (mort) script. So first of all it all depends how did you install iGO application in the first place. Did you delete the original navigation and simply swap it with iGO? This is in most cases the best and the easiest solution. But If the original navigation sw is still present, than it's most probably related and connected to the device's main shell and this is the cause of your problem. But since I'm not familiar with this navigation device, at this point I can only rely on my gut

..and as I can see, you posted your problem on many different GPS forums across the globe so I don't really want to follow all suggestions and steps what you already did or you didn't try.. Good luck!

I made a copy of original files so i have back up but also on sd card i have route66 (was original map) files and shell i just deleted data files that held all route66 maps and replaced with iGO works fine apart from obvious problem. i will try unlock without Route66 files and shell and see if it works,if not work ill play around with deleting route66 files one at a time thanks for the idea. oh i used MioPocket 4.0 Release 68 to unlock
    Last edited by wairuri; 1st January 2015 at 11:48 PM.