Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45
  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inked View Post
    Does v15.6.7 still work with traffic and speedcams?
    Unfortunately not. I managed to get that cracked version to work a few times, then the live traffic stopped working all of a sudden. I think the folks at Sygic caught on and blocked it somehow. I'm now sticking with TomTom (found in this forum) as everything works fine with that.

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sremmurd View Post
    Unfortunately not. I managed to get that cracked version to work a few times, then the live traffic stopped working all of a sudden. I think the folks at Sygic caught on and blocked it somehow. I'm now sticking with TomTom (found in this forum) as everything works fine with that.

    Thanks

    I was looking at navigon but I'll have a look at tomtom again.

    What version of tomtom do you recommend?

  4. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inked View Post
    Thanks

    I was looking at navigon but I'll have a look at tomtom again.

    What version of tomtom do you recommend?
    No problem

    I'm using the latest version found here;

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    I should've stuck with TomTom really, as I've never had a problem with their live traffic and speed cams.

  5. #34
    Senior Member milosgbg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maribor, Slovenia
    Age
    41
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I also use TomTom v1.10 though to much lesser extent comparing to Sygic.

    Yes, it does have traffic online all the time, however it loses big time on POI. I think TomTom GO has the worst POI database, plus inability to use Foursquare (in previous TomTom app this was available, at least on IOS) makes it pretty useless for me. Also browsing map is much smoother/faster on Sygic and I don't like idea of downloading map bundles instead of separate maps.
    I like Samantha's voice in TomTom

    Bottom line, can't have it all!

    Cheers,
    iPhone SE - the second most fun you can have with one hand

  6. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Those are some very valid points, but live traffic is fundamental for me, as I regularly travel in congested cities, so I need those vital traffic warnings and alternative routes. Also, i find TomTom's routing to be superior in comparison to Sygic's. I guess they both have their strengths and weaknesses, so like you said, can't have it all!

  7. #36
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by modemakias View Post
    Hi..

    Take backup Sygic folder
    uninstall and make a new clean installation..
    better for me "blocked data"..
    check the version file if is right "140160108"

    see my post: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    work very well, but no traffic..
    Thanks for your reply.
    I've tried a clean install with v16.1.8 : still crashing during simulation and always near the same location.
    As I renamed my sygic folder before uninstall 16.0.16/reinstall 16.1.8, I didn't touch anything in this folder except the "version" file.
    After some rethinking about it, maybe I should have deleted the generated license & footprint file generated in /Maps and delete all files except the *.ini files in /Sygic/Android ..

    Anyway, after testing 16.1.8, I returned to 16.0.0.16 by adapting file "version" and using Titaniun Restore App + data.
    The same route give no problems in simulation mode.

    So basically, by just plugging in a different apk (+data) and nothing else, the crashing problem went away !! ... very weird and suspicious

    The only thing I can think off to do next is cleaning out the Sygic folder itself too before giving 16.1.8 another try.
    Any other ideas ?
    Last edited by pat357; 13th May 2016 at 23:22.
    :vac: :005:

  8. #37
    Master modemakias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Athens Greece
    Posts
    288
    Rep Power
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pat357 View Post
    Thanks for your reply.
    I've tried a clean install with v16.1.8 : still crashing during simulation and always near the same location.
    As I renamed my sygic folder before uninstall 16.0.16/reinstall 16.1.8, I didn't touch anything in this folder except the "version" file.
    After some rethinking about it, maybe I should have deleted the generated license & footprint file generated in /Maps and delete all files except the *.ini files in /Sygic/Android ..

    Anyway, after testing 16.1.8, I returned to 16.0.0.16 by adapting file "version" and using Titaniun Restore App + data.
    The same route give no problems in simulation mode.

    So basically, by just plugging in a different apk (+data) and nothing else, the crashing problem went away !! ... very weird and suspicious

    The only thing I can think off to do next is cleaning out the Sygic folder itself too before giving 16.1.8 another try.
    Any other ideas ?
    Hi..

    I have in my phone 16.1.8 "blocked data" with TA greece maps.. android KK 4.4.4 Extsd.
    I have done many tests on demo mode , about 500km without any problem crash etc..
    download again with downloader map , wcl files maybe something is corrupt or try with another map like TA greece..
    if not again try also a new base folder......
    Last edited by modemakias; 14th May 2016 at 00:47.

  9. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Is it necessary our phone be rooted? Mine is not. Thanks in advance!

  10. #39
    Master modemakias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Athens Greece
    Posts
    288
    Rep Power
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tziminhio View Post
    Is it necessary our phone be rooted? Mine is not. Thanks in advance!
    Hi...

    You are right, is not necessary to be root..

    the installation files base folder are in the path:

    "Android /data/ com.sygic.aura" acceptable range of the android..

  11. #40
    Senior Member milosgbg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maribor, Slovenia
    Age
    41
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    what I usually do (when new official version comes out, as I don't bother with betas anymore):
    1. Backup Item.dat file (where your favorite POI's are stored)
    2. Download Basefolder; remove unnecessary content (various voices)
    3. Replace all 3 folders on my phone with content from Basefold file (Android, Res, Maps (only if there's new wlc file)
    4. replace version.info file with new number
    5. Put back Item.dat file
    6. Install "noactivation" Sygic installer.

    That's it. I don't even bother fully removing Sygic from my phone (eg. clean install). Works fine since 15.x version.

    Cheers,
    iPhone SE - the second most fun you can have with one hand

 

 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.