Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 90
  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajatolah View Post
    Hello guys, I downloaded Gen6 for my 2011 Toyota Sienna but it doesnt works

    how to make disc image from those 9 files?
    i don't know how to record it
    Download the application called "FFSJ" from:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    This application will join all 9 sequential files into a single iso file you can burn using the free app Imgburn.

    -Responses like, "It works for me!" are both useless and selfish...
    Last edited by Neil; 17th April 2015 at 20:52. Reason: Coded link [please code all outside links]

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catymag View Post
    Instructions are posted in thread, read it.

    sent with my S5
    I did read the entire thread. Instructions are ONLY on how to burn the image. Does not instruct how to combine all downloaded files, in this specific case where the Gen 6 disc is split into 9 7z files.
    After some research online, I posted the instructions myself to this thread, just above this post.

  4. #23
    Garmin/GPS Systems GMod.

    Neil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oz.
    Posts
    7,398
    Rep Power
    1434

    Default

    @toyohta
    With all due respect, it's not really feasible to have detailed instructions in download threads for all situations and we have to assume a certain base knowledge by users. To take it to extreme, we shouldn't need to tell you to first boot your computer. Anyway, there shouldn't be a need to rejoin the individual files as you claim, you're no doubt referring to the *.7z.00x multi-volume compressed archive files in Post #2 which were created with 7Zip and therefore it will extract them in turn provided all the files are together in the same folder/directory. I note you've said in Post #19 that 7Zip wouldn't work but that's not correct at all in my experience with all previous such archive files ....
    Confirmation info:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    BTW, i can't see where anyone has posted 'it worked for me' as a standalone comment for extracting files or indeed burning them without further explanation. Feedback of successful burning methods and as to whether either of the two Gen's work in which vehicles are always welcome because that confirmation helps other members. e.g.:
    Quote Originally Posted by ddmau View Post
    This worked great for me. Used ImgBurn to generate an .md5 file from the .iso & then selected the .md5 file as the image file. Changed the book type to DVD-ROM and burned it on an older DVD burner at 1X (newer burners don't seem to want to do 1X anymore) to a TDK Dual-layer disk (actually showed up as a Ritek disk in disk type). I've been using it for about a week now and it works perfectly...no glitches and runs fast & smooth in my wife's 2009 Lexus ES350. ......
    However, your comment in Post #21 would be correct if it were relevant here:
    -Responses like, "It works for me!" are both useless and selfish...
    Otherwise, it's rather self-evident i'm afraid .

    Also best not to make consecutive posts and code all outside links in accordance with forum rules thanks.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

  5. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    @toyohta
    With all due respect, it's not really feasible to have detailed instructions in download threads for all situations and we have to assume a certain base knowledge by users. To take it to extreme, we shouldn't need to tell you to first boot your computer. Anyway, there shouldn't be a need to rejoin the individual files as you claim, you're no doubt referring to the *.7z.00x multi-volume compressed archive files in Post #2 which were created with 7Zip and therefore it will extract them in turn provided all the files are together in the same folder/directory. I note you've said in Post #19 that 7Zip wouldn't work but that's not correct at all in my experience with all previous such archive files ....
    Confirmation info:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Yes, I agree that there needs to be some base knowledge before attempting to try this. That said, have you even tried unzipping the files that were uploaded? My requests were based off of failed attempts to even extract the files. None of the applications I had could open the archives, including 7Zip. It was only after joining the files was I able to open them. Try it for yourself and tell me that you're able to open them.

    BTW, i can't see where anyone has posted 'it worked for me' as a standalone comment for extracting files or indeed burning them without further explanation. Feedback of successful burning methods and as to whether either of the two Gen's work in which vehicles are always welcome because that confirmation helps other members. e.g.:

    This is merely a general postscript and only that. Not specific to any posts here.

    However, your comment in Post #21 would be correct if it were relevant here:

    Otherwise, it's rather self-evident i'm afraid .

    Not trying to start an argument here, but I don't see why it wouldn't be relevant. Someone asked for help, just like all other questions here in this thread and it helps them. Setting the book type to DVR-ROM seems pretty obvious to me as well, but I guess I'm different. My point being, everyone here are at different skill levels. We're all here to help each other out. Is it so difficult to just help someone out (as trivial as it may be to some) than to just snub your nose at them?

    Also best not to make consecutive posts and code all outside links in accordance with forum rules thanks.
    Understood.

  6. #25
    Garmin/GPS Systems GMod.

    Neil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oz.
    Posts
    7,398
    Rep Power
    1434

    Default

    Mate, please don't make additions to other ppl's quoted posts unless you make it clear what you've done, like this for instance:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    @toyohta
    With all due respect, it's not really feasible to have detailed instructions in download threads for all situations and we have to assume a certain base knowledge by users. To take it to extreme, we shouldn't need to tell you to first boot your computer. Anyway, there shouldn't be a need to rejoin the individual files as you claim, you're no doubt referring to the *.7z.00x multi-volume compressed archive files in Post #2 which were created with 7Zip and therefore it will extract them in turn provided all the files are together in the same folder/directory. I note you've said in Post #19 that 7Zip wouldn't work but that's not correct at all in my experience with all previous such archive files ....
    Confirmation info:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Yes, I agree that there needs to be some base knowledge before attempting to try this. That said, have you even tried unzipping the files that were uploaded? My requests were based off of failed attempts to even extract the files. None of the applications I had could open the archives, including 7Zip. It was only after joining the files was I able to open them. Try it for yourself and tell me that you're able to open them.

    BTW, i can't see where anyone has posted 'it worked for me' as a standalone comment for extracting files or indeed burning them without further explanation. Feedback of successful burning methods and as to whether either of the two Gen's work in which vehicles are always welcome because that confirmation helps other members. e.g.:

    This is merely a general postscript and only that. Not specific to any posts here.


    However, your comment in Post #21 would be correct if it were relevant here:

    Otherwise, it's rather self-evident i'm afraid .

    Not trying to start an argument here, but I don't see why it wouldn't be relevant. Someone asked for help, just like all other questions here in this thread and it helps them. Setting the book type to DVR-ROM seems pretty obvious to me as well, but I guess I'm different. My point being, everyone here are at different skill levels. We're all here to help each other out. Is it so difficult to just help someone out (as trivial as it may be to some) than to just snub your nose at them?


    Also best not to make consecutive posts and code all outside links in accordance with forum rules thanks.
    Understood
    Now, i'm not trying to start an argument either for sure and my genuine concern was and is fairness both to the member who posted the files and anyone else who reported positively and i stand by my comment that your 'general postscript' is not correct and not relevant in this particular case because there were no such standalone comments.

    You're correct that i haven't dl'ed the specific files personally [nor did i claim to have]. I guess from P#19 you've got Gen6 U96. I need NA for Toyota like a hole in the head, but if you'll say which files you got and whether from Mega or Onedrive, i'll dl them and test. If i also can't decompress them with 7-Zip i'll post to advise, re-pack them and re-upload so that nobody else has that problem either.

    We're all here to help each other out. Is it so difficult to just help someone out (as trivial as it may be to some) than to just snub your nose at them?
    I don't see where anyone has been snubbed, but if that's your perception so be it. Your statement actually seems to reinforce my suggestion that ppl posting to report their success with full details is helpful in fact.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

  7. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    How do I check 2013 highlander Limited built-in gps version? Is is under System Information? I do not see anywhere that say Map Info.
    System Info:
    Device ID/Product ID
    Software Version 2.2.0
    Nav ID: NQNA2011Q4

    Also, how do I update the map after burning to DVD? I google but no help. All it say was either under front seat, back of radio or in trunk. I took for it but not find. Will someone please tell me how.

    Thank you.
    ===========================================
    Nuvi 3450, SW v7.60
    City Navigator North America NT 2013.20 & CityXplorer North America 2013.10
    Enabled all features except Bluetooth & Voice Command

  8. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Guys, can someone post MD5 Sum for U39?
    i think i got some download corrupted.
    after burn i tried Verify on ImgBurn and i got read error,
    could be a bad burn also,
    but to make sure can you post?

    Thanks
    Last edited by pyccki; 17th May 2015 at 14:55.

  9. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    north america
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    which version did you guys burn of the gen 5 u39, pmaiden5 or nav141? what the difference?
    Last edited by kwikwit7; 24th May 2015 at 04:58. Reason: errrrrrrooooorrrrrr!

  10. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    2013 Highlander doesn't have a DVD. It's an Entune-based system, and it has 8GB of flash memory inside for map data storage.

    You have to purchase a map update through the dealer. They install it using a USB flash drive, and then they have to generate a license key that's specific to your car.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Quote Originally Posted by nav141 View Post
    Toyota Navigation Gen 5 U39 and Gen 6 U96

    OneDrive:
    -= Hidden Content =-

    Mega:
    -= Hidden Content =-

    Password:
    toyotanav141
    Quote Originally Posted by OCRibeye View Post
    @kwikwit7

    Gen 6 U 96 (North America) should work for the following vehicles:
    2010 2013 4Runner
    2011 2012 Avalon
    2011 2012 Sienna
    2010 2011 Camry
    2010 2011 Camry Hybrid
    2010 2011 Prius
    2011 2013 Highlander
    2011 2013 Highlander Hybrid
    2010 2011 Land Cruiser
    2010 2012 Sequoia
    2010 2012 Tundra
    2009 2012 Venza

    I tried it in my 2010 Toyota Prius this morning and it appears to work. When I checked under "Map Info" my version number went from 9.1 from the old disc (I believe that I had a U91) to 14.1 on U96. However, I haven't noticed any major changes in my area, where there has been a lot of new construction since I purchased my car.
    ===========================================
    Nuvi 3450, SW v7.60
    City Navigator North America NT 2013.20 & CityXplorer North America 2013.10
    Enabled all features except Bluetooth & Voice Command

  11. #30
    Garmin/GPS Systems GMod.

    Neil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oz.
    Posts
    7,398
    Rep Power
    1434

    Default

    G'day cat2115. I guess you might be in an even worse situation than lexuspower with his HDD-based 2011 Lexus IS350. I suspect any of the units not using map data directly off the DVD require the expensive Toyota dealer-only tool [part #95079-00002 or similar] to load the map info from a special map update with unique 'one-time-use' licence purchased specifically, locking it to a specific vehicle and it's un-clonable. In the HDD units the official update's done by hooking them up to an external DVD drive on PC/laptop i think, but it seems like your flash drive unit is similarly protected and updates officially from unit's USB but without the unofficial option of easily replacing the drive [you can bet the flash chip is factory soldered and if you get to it you'd have to unsweat and reprogram it or another and reball to fit it i guess, that's all really hard sh*t to do].

    You probably saw my Post #10 in reply to the Lexus HDD guy:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    G'day lexuspower, welcome to GPSPower.

    If that model is like some others which don't have a dedicated disk slot for the nav unit and read the map data from an internal hard disk drive rather than an onboard DVD disk maybe you're boned without a special dealer-only tool. Search internet for 95079-00002 it's the part no. for a dealer install tool, bargain priced at +one grand or so . It loads the new map data which is on update disks purchased individually by dealers and they come with a unique password [probably overwrites the original password, i guess it's in a protected partition on the HDD or suchlike]. Dunno much about it, have neither done it nor seen it done.

    I've read other reports of ppl pulling out the unit's hard drive and cloning it to another, replacing the map data at the same time with the latest and that way the password is preserved. Need to use a vibration-resistant HDD same as original or they die quickly apparently. Again an internet search will give you some more info on that.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

 

 
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.