Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 212
  1. #71
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi All,

    Thank you so much for sharing this, especially Neil!! Upgrading from V10 to V20 is like a miracle to me. I can not wait to share with you guys what I have done.
    The DVD works perfectly for my Toyota Kluger Grande 2005, I also had a workaround for the LOADING.KWI file. These are what I have done from the information gathered in this thread:
    1. Download the "Whereis v20 Toyota Australia - NZ 2014" iso file from the shared torrent. This file can not be burned to a normal 4.7GB DVD as it is too large and people have suggested to remove the file LOADING.KWI, it is OK but we can do a little bit more than that.
    2. Use PowerISO to open the iso file (Original) and remove the LOADING.KWI and save it as new iso file 1. (PowerISO was shared by someone in this thread, thanks for that!).
    3. Use ImgBurn to write that new iso file 1 to a DVD+R 4.7GB at x4 rate (called DVD 1 without LOADING). (Free at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    4. Again, use PowerISO to open the iso file (Original) and remove the file POISR001.IDX (in the IDX forder, I guess it stores points of interest) and save it as new iso file 2.
    5. Use ImgBurn to write that new iso file 2 to another DVD+R 4.7GB at x4 rate (called DVD 2 without POI).
    6. Put the "DVD 2 without POI" in the car first, it loads contains in (as the LOADING.KWI is in there) and works perfectly. However some POIs might be missing.
    7. Replace DVD 2 by "DVD 1 without LOADING", as the loading has been done before, this DVD just works seamlessly without missing anything!!

    Cheers
    Last edited by trannhan81; 20th March 2015 at 01:34.

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #72
    Garmin/GPS Systems GMod.

    Neil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oz.
    Posts
    7,398
    Rep Power
    1434

    Default

    G'day trannhan81, welcome to GPSPower.

    Great tip! Thanks so much for sharing that info, it's particularly important for someone updating from a very old version like you did because some map discs also have other minor updates as well and may well need to have the LOADING.KWI file loaded for full functionality. Well done champ.

    PS: I'll add your info to initial post.
    Last edited by Neil; 20th March 2015 at 01:58. Reason: add PS.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

  4. #73
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hello and thank you for sharing with us... what brand of dvd disk did you use?

    I tried dvd+r dl and dvd-r single layer without loadings... the nav unit does not reading the dvd... always pops out "No DVD Please insert a map DVD."

    29bde80

    the car is a 2010 (december) rx350... a silly question to all - I should insert the dvd into the cd player, right?

    or there is some secret place where I should put the disc into?

  5. #74
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by conant View Post
    a silly question to all - I should insert the dvd into the cd player, right?

    or there is some secret place where I should put the disc into?
    I just realised... there is a secret place indeed... under the cig. socket...

    Thank you all!!! So the nav system runs on a dvd...

    Now it is working... and the old dvd popped out...

    t0i6tu

  6. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Hungary
    Age
    42
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hey!
    Can someone give me a link to which is inside the torrent full EU?
    And written works?
    DVD-R ????
    Thank you.

  7. #76
    Garmin/GPS Systems GMod.

    Neil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oz.
    Posts
    7,398
    Rep Power
    1434

    Default

    @nagy147
    Sorry but this is for AU/NZ Denso/VDO Dayton units only. Please post in correct threads, search in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and/or [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] sub-sections for what you're looking for. If not in there, post a request in an appropriate thread.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

  8. #77
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Sydnoir
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trannhan81 View Post
    Hi All,

    Thank you so much for sharing this, especially Neil!! Upgrading from V10 to V20 is like a miracle to me. I can not wait to share with you guys what I have done.
    The DVD works perfectly for my Toyota Kluger Grande 2005, I also had a workaround for the LOADING.KWI file. These are what I have done from the information gathered in this thread:
    1. Download the "Whereis v20 Toyota Australia - NZ 2014" iso file from the shared torrent. This file can not be burned to a normal 4.7GB DVD as it is too large and people have suggested to remove the file LOADING.KWI, it is OK but we can do a little bit more than that.
    2. Use PowerISO to open the iso file (Original) and remove the LOADING.KWI and save it as new iso file 1. (PowerISO was shared by someone in this thread, thanks for that!).
    3. Use ImgBurn to write that new iso file 1 to a DVD+R 4.7GB at x4 rate (called DVD 1 without LOADING). (Free at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ])
    4. Again, use PowerISO to open the iso file (Original) and remove the file POISR001.IDX (in the IDX forder, I guess it stores points of interest) and save it as new iso file 2.
    5. Use ImgBurn to write that new iso file 2 to another DVD+R 4.7GB at x4 rate (called DVD 2 without POI).
    6. Put the "DVD 2 without POI" in the car first, it loads contains in (as the LOADING.KWI is in there) and works perfectly. However some POIs might be missing.
    7. Replace DVD 2 by "DVD 1 without LOADING", as the loading has been done before, this DVD just works seamlessly without missing anything!!

    Cheers
    Okay.
    I've got to know.
    What made you think of doing this???

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    As far as i know, the Denso/VDO Dayton systems will only read DVD+R Double Layer, DVD-R SL or DVD+RW SL. Nobody has got DVD+R Single Layer to work that i've heard of.

    Not possible i think, need to somehow 'unlock' the OS somehow. No cr@ck available that i'm aware of sorry.
    Okay. I've got some DVD+RWs lying around. What speed will I burn them at?
    Also, can you clarify. I have official V19 disc. If I load the "loading.kwi" file from V20, will I still be able to return to V19?

  9. #78
    Garmin/GPS Systems GMod.

    Neil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oz.
    Posts
    7,398
    Rep Power
    1434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revhead View Post
    .......
    Okay. I've got some DVD+RWs lying around. What speed will I burn them at?
    Absolute slowest possible. 2x if you can actually find a burner that will do that. 4x is usually acceptable. 6x will probably work. Some discs will work, some wont, even if from the same stack. If at first you don't succeed, burn again. Brand is unimportant in my experience other than the better quality known brands are more likely to work. Cheap discs have more errors. The official disc are pressed and therefore error-proof. Burnt discs badly burnt will 'skip' at best, like a worn-out vinyl record or freeze/dropout like a scratched DVD movie or music CD, Less errors possible using good quality media burnt at the slowest speed. Speed can be dictated/limited by media, burner or burning software. Also some burning software is better than others.

    Also, can you clarify. I have official V19 disc. If I load the "loading.kwi" file from V20, will I still be able to return to V19?
    Yes. All data, both mapping and sometimes software (maybe only tiny updates) are on disc and there are two types of official discs: OEM supplied with a new car which has the full unit software [firmware] as well as map data; and map update discs purchased subsequently from Whereis or Toyota/Lexus dealers. The latter may or may not have minor software updates/bug fixes.

    Are you concerned about losing the firmware from volatile memory on a complete vehicle power-down? Unless your copy of v19 is an OEM disc it may not have the full software on it to re-write it to vm in which case you will need to load any OEM C1 disc [not necessarily the one that came with the car]. I'm quite sure this V20/V9 copy is OEM but I don't have a C1 unit to test it. I guess that Denso designed their systems that way as a means to clear corrupt fw from the unit [by leaving it w/o power for a period]. It may also serve to frustrate ppl using pirated copies without access to an OEM disc.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

  10. #79
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Sydnoir
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Are you concerned about losing the firmware from volatile memory on a complete vehicle power-down? Unless your copy of v19 is an OEM disc it may not have the full software on it to re-write it to vm in which case you will need to load any OEM C1 disc [not necessarily the one that came with the car]. I'm quite sure this V20/V9 copy is OEM but I don't have a C1 unit to test it. I guess that Denso designed their systems that way as a means to clear corrupt fw from the unit [by leaving it w/o power for a period]. It may also serve to frustrate ppl using pirated copies without access to an OEM disc.
    Well, I've done a complete power down and used the supplied disc to reboot. Can't remember the message but it had a progress bar, so I'd say it was writing to memory? This means I can restore to V19 in the event something goes wrong???

  11. #80
    Garmin/GPS Systems GMod.

    Neil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oz.
    Posts
    7,398
    Rep Power
    1434

    Default

    Yes probably. Although it depends how long you had it powered down for. Short periods don't wipe the v.m., must be a keep-alive capacitor or something. Overnight disconnect certainly will do it and even a leisurely battery change can. Forgot to mention that some cars may not start if powered down for an extended period, i had a 2002 B4 Liberty which had that behaviour, very inconvenient.

    If your V19 disc came new with the car then it's certainly OEM and contains the software.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

 

 
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.