Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 116
  1. #11
    Member +
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QUIN1965 View Post
    Hi if you have the installation of navcore 9884 you can not install an earlier as patchy, Greetings
    Hi - Installed on my Renault Carminat currently is the unpatched 9.847.1302316_RC14 version. I HAVE NOT INSTALLED VERSION 9.884. Can I apply the 9.847.1302316_RC14 patch to my Carminat or will it ignore it as it is the same version? Also if it can be installed but doesn't work what are my options for reverting so that I have a working Carminat TomTom.

    I am worried that if I try this and it doesn't work that I will have a bricked Carminat TomTom and my wife will kill me.....

    Andy
    Last edited by ADB100; 16th September 2014 at 09:08.

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #12
    TomTom SModerator

    QUIN1965's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    al lado del mundo
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,604
    Rep Power
    872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ADB100 View Post
    Hi - Installed on my Renault Carminat currently is the unpatched 9.847.1302316_RC14 version. I HAVE NOT INSTALLED VERSION 9.884. Can I apply the 9.847.1302316_RC14 patch to my Carminat or will it ignore it as it is the same version? Also if it can be installed but doesn't work what are my options for reverting so that I have a working Carminat TomTom.

    I am worried that if I try this and it doesn't work that I will have a bricked Carminat TomTom and my wife will kill me.....

    Andy

    Hi if you do this do it as an SD virgin (new) keep the original.
    Look at the 1st post and follow the tutorial to the letter.
    That if your responsibility greetings

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    How to unhide links: After clicking LIKE this post, hidden links will be available.
    sncmz5
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  4. #13
    Member +
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QUIN1965 View Post
    Hi if you do this do it as an SD virgin (new) keep the original.
    Look at the 1st post and follow the tutorial to the letter.
    That if your responsibility greetings
    Just tried and It didn't work - there was no Navcore update which I assume is because its the same version that is already installed (9.847.1302316_RC14)? Is there anyway to force the Carminat to install the .cab file?

    Andy

  5. #14
    TomTom SModerator

    QUIN1965's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    al lado del mundo
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,604
    Rep Power
    872

    Default

    Hi if you have this version installed by home and not be able to do anything, Greetings

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    How to unhide links: After clicking LIKE this post, hidden links will be available.
    sncmz5
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  6. #15
    Member +
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QUIN1965 View Post
    Hi if you have this version installed by home and not be able to do anything, Greetings
    I followed the TomTom instructions
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    to manually initiate an upgrade using the 'ttsystem' file from the patched 9.847.1302316_RC14.CAB-Camiron-RC14.cab file. On starting the car and the TomTom initialising it seemed to install the software with two reboots and the hourglass being displayed. When the software did start it asked me to choose the map and on selecting the Europe map I had patched (935.5753) it just said I couldn't use this map with this device. On selecting the original UK map it worked fine.

    I can only assume either the patched ttsystem didn't install or the patched ttsystem doesn't work with any map? I put the SD card in my PC and the 'ttsystem' file is no longer present so I assume it did install?

    Any more ideas?
    Andy
    Last edited by QUIN1965; 20th September 2014 at 15:21.

  7. #16
    TomTom SModerator

    QUIN1965's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    al lado del mundo
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,604
    Rep Power
    872

    Default

    Hello you not recognized because the map is not the carminat.
    Carminat Europe this Map No. 935.5749

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    How to unhide links: After clicking LIKE this post, hidden links will be available.
    sncmz5
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  8. #17
    Member +
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QUIN1965 View Post
    Hello you not recognized because the map is not the carminat.
    Carminat Europe this Map No. 935.5749
    But I thought the whole point of providing a patched Navcore was that it would work with any of the maps? That is what I have I experienced with other TomTom devices (One's, Go's etc) that I have installed patched Navcore's to? Unfortunately at the moment there is no meta available for Europe 935.5749 so even if I download this I can't activate it currently?

    Andy

  9. #18
    TomTom SModerator

    QUIN1965's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    al lado del mundo
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,604
    Rep Power
    872

    Default

    Hello try these maps have if it works on your tomtom carminat dipositive pending meta Europe or England map
    Iberia has meta 935_5749
    France_935_5749 meta also has to actually activate only work with maps carminat navcore there's Greetings

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Carminat meta already in the post
    Last edited by QUIN1965; 23rd September 2014 at 14:58.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    How to unhide links: After clicking LIKE this post, hidden links will be available.
    sncmz5
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  10. #19
    Member +
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QUIN1965 View Post
    Hello try these maps have if it works on your tomtom carminat dipositive pending meta Europe or England map
    Iberia has meta 935_5749
    France_935_5749 meta also has to actually activate only work with maps carminat navcore there's Greetings

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Carminat meta already in the post
    OK, the Meta for Europe 935_5749 has been posted so I am downloading it now - it will probably take some time though....
    I'll update when I have the map downloaded.

    OK, eventually got the map downloaded, activated it with FastActivate and tried it in the Carminat - didn't work... I assume its because the patched ttsystem hasn't been installed. Is there a way to tell if its running the official or patched Navcore?

    Andy
    Last edited by ADB100; 26th September 2014 at 17:16.

  11. #20
    Member +
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    OK, just to add I tried downgrading to 9.846_1165624_RC12 by copying the ttsystem file to the root of the SD card. On doing this the device boots and shows the hourglass, then reboots shows the bootscreen and then the hourglass (or maybe vice-versa?). It does this about three times and then loads. On checking the version it still says 9.847.1302316_RC14 so I assume it rejected the new ttsystem (although the ttsystem file is no longer on the SD card).

    Any ideas?
    Andy
    Last edited by ADB100; 27th September 2014 at 09:55.

 

 
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.