Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Surrey UK
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Default TT one new edition upgrade

    I want to upgrade/update my one new edition but the more I read the more confused I am getting, as I see it to be able to use the maps I want I need in excess of 2 Gb storage so I need a SDHC card, to use this I believe I have to update the boot loader.
    First problem: in the bootloader page it says if you have a BL of 1.xxxx don't upgrade then a couple of lines beneath that it says use 5.5242, so which is it, do I copy the 5.5242 to the card of leave well alone,
    Next problem: which Navcore and Maps do I need for Europe? there seems to be quite a few with different numbers.

    Is there a detailed step by step set of instructions for doing the upgrade that a lesser competent geriatric mortal like me could follow?
    all help gratefully received.

    TTGO.bif attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #2
    TomTom SModerator

    QUIN1965's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    al lado del mundo
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,606
    Rep Power
    872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickSums View Post
    I want to upgrade/update my one new edition but the more I read the more confused I am getting, as I see it to be able to use the maps I want I need in excess of 2 Gb storage so I need a SDHC card, to use this I believe I have to update the boot loader.
    First problem: in the bootloader page it says if you have a BL of 1.xxxx don't upgrade then a couple of lines beneath that it says use 5.5242, so which is it, do I copy the 5.5242 to the card of leave well alone,
    Next problem: which Navcore and Maps do I need for Europe? there seems to be quite a few with different numbers.

    Is there a detailed step by step set of instructions for doing the upgrade that a lesser competent geriatric mortal like me could follow?
    all help gratefully received.

    TTGO.bif attached.
    [TomTomGo]
    DeviceName=TomTom TOMTOM
    DeviceVersionHW=TOMTOM
    RamDiskVersion=20040301
    BootLoaderVersion=10012
    LinuxVersion=1000
    ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=7903
    ApplicationVersion=9183
    UserLanguage=English UK
    UserName=
    LastConnectionTime=Never
    GPSFirmwareVersion=Default GPS version
    BuiltInColorScheme0=Belgica
    BuiltInColorScheme1=Brittanica
    BuiltInColorScheme2=America
    BuiltInColorScheme3=Germanica
    BuiltInColorScheme4=Australia
    BuiltInColorScheme5=Deuteranopia
    BuiltInColorScheme6=Greys
    BuiltInColorScheme7=Antarctica
    BuiltInColorScheme8=Africa
    BuiltInColorScheme9=Astra
    CurrentColorSchemeBuiltIn=2
    CurrentVoiceInfo=Special 28
    Traffic=N
    CurrentFuelpricesType=
    CurrentFuelpricesTypeString=

    [TomTomGo]
    DeviceName=TomTom GO 520
    DeviceVersionHW=GO 520
    DeviceSerialNumber=M4 The serial number with the first two digits worth.------->I can not help you unless you tell me these two numbers
    DeviceUniqueID= XXXXX XXXXX The number that goes here is private.
    RamDiskVersion=20090518
    BootLoaderVersion=55128
    LinuxVersion=315187
    ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8351
    ApplicationVersion=9982
    UserLanguage=Español
    UserName=The number that goes here is private.
    LastConnectionTime=Never
    GPSFirmwareVersion=GSW3.2.4TT_3.1.00.12-C35B1.02
    BuiltInColorScheme0=Belgica
    BuiltInColorScheme1=Brittanica
    BuiltInColorScheme2=America
    BuiltInColorScheme3=Germanica
    BuiltInColorScheme4=Australia
    BuiltInColorScheme5=Deuteranopia
    BuiltInColorScheme6=Greys
    BuiltInColorScheme7=Antarctica
    BuiltInColorScheme8=Africa
    BuiltInColorScheme9=Astra
    CurrentColorSchemeBuiltIn=3
    CurrentVoiceInfo=Marta
    CurrentMap=Iberia 870.3406
    CurrentMapVersion=870.3406
    Traffic=N
    CurrentHomeLocation=The number that goes here is your home, beware of thieves

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    How to unhide links: After clicking LIKE this post, hidden links will be available.
    sncmz5
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  4. #3
    TomTom SModerator

    QUIN1965's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    al lado del mundo
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,606
    Rep Power
    872

    Default

    Hi if One has bootloader 10100, or 10102 can only patch NavCore and put basic maps

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    How to unhide links: After clicking LIKE this post, hidden links will be available.
    sncmz5
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Surrey UK
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Sorry for the delay, the ttgo.bif file I uploaded is totally different from the one I have just looked at on the device, the current one is:

    [TomTomGo]
    DeviceName=TomTom ONE
    DeviceVersionHW=ONE (v4)
    DeviceSerialNumber=Z34237L00017
    DeviceUniqueID=
    RamDiskVersion=20081205
    BootLoaderVersion=53029
    LinuxVersion=2344
    ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=7903
    ApplicationVersion=9183
    UserLanguage=English UK
    UserName=
    LastConnectionTime=Never
    GPSFirmwareVersion=
    BuiltInColorScheme0=Belgica
    BuiltInColorScheme1=Brittanica
    BuiltInColorScheme2=America
    BuiltInColorScheme3=Germanica
    BuiltInColorScheme4=Australia
    BuiltInColorScheme5=Deuteranopia
    BuiltInColorScheme6=Greys
    BuiltInColorScheme7=Antarctica
    BuiltInColorScheme8=Africa
    BuiltInColorScheme9=Astra
    CurrentColorSchemeBuiltIn=2
    CurrentVoiceInfo=Special 28
    CurrentHomeLocation=
    Traffic=N
    CurrentFuelpricesType=
    CurrentFuelpricesTypeString=

    ValueRatio=Bp4KFJNtfzn10lPvSQ==


    this show a different bootloader.

    the original ttgo.bif came from the backup I took yesterday, looking at the backup that ttgo.bif is shown as in the internal memory folder. The one above is in the root folder of the device, this is even more confusing.
    Last edited by NickSums; 17th February 2015 at 19:13. Reason: further info

  6. #5
    TomTom SModerator

    QUIN1965's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    al lado del mundo
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,606
    Rep Power
    872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickSums View Post
    Sorry for the delay, the ttgo.bif file I uploaded is totally different from the one I have just looked at on the device, the current one is:

    [TomTomGo]
    DeviceName=TomTom ONE
    DeviceVersionHW=ONE (v4)
    DeviceSerialNumber=Z34237L00017
    DeviceUniqueID=
    RamDiskVersion=20081205
    BootLoaderVersion=53029
    LinuxVersion=2344
    ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=7903
    ApplicationVersion=9183
    UserLanguage=English UK
    UserName=
    LastConnectionTime=Never
    GPSFirmwareVersion=
    BuiltInColorScheme0=Belgica
    BuiltInColorScheme1=Brittanica
    BuiltInColorScheme2=America
    BuiltInColorScheme3=Germanica
    BuiltInColorScheme4=Australia
    BuiltInColorScheme5=Deuteranopia
    BuiltInColorScheme6=Greys
    BuiltInColorScheme7=Antarctica
    BuiltInColorScheme8=Africa
    BuiltInColorScheme9=Astra
    CurrentColorSchemeBuiltIn=2
    CurrentVoiceInfo=Special 28
    CurrentHomeLocation=
    Traffic=N
    CurrentFuelpricesType=
    CurrentFuelpricesTypeString=

    ValueRatio=Bp4KFJNtfzn10lPvSQ==


    this show a different bootloader.
    Hello my tutorial east NavCore 8562 here
    GPS ONE---XL---x00---x10 M.I./SD

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    you'll have to upload the bootloader for you to read cards 2GB or 4GB

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    How to unhide links: After clicking LIKE this post, hidden links will be available.
    sncmz5
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Surrey UK
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Ok so here is the progress:

    1. made backup to PC.
    2. copied the backup to a new 2Gb sd card. (using a card reader)
    3. checked that it worked with the TT.
    4. placed sd card back into card reader, deleted the file named system.
    5. downloaded bootloader 5.5242.
    6. copied the 5.5242 file called system the sd card.
    7. placed back in TT and check that it worked. OK so far.
    8. downloaded and extracted navcore 8562 to the PC.
    9. placed new 8GB sdhc card in card reader, copied all the navcore content onto a new 8Gb sdhc card.
    10. copied the 5.5242 bootloader into the root of the new sdhc card.
    11. placed the sdhc card back into the TT and tested. got the screen that said "No Maps".

    phase one complete. now to install the maps.

  8. #7
    TomTom SModerator

    QUIN1965's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    al lado del mundo
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,606
    Rep Power
    872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickSums View Post
    Ok so here is the progress:

    1. made backup to PC.
    2. copied the backup to a new 2Gb sd card. (using a card reader)
    3. checked that it worked with the TT.
    4. placed sd card back into card reader, deleted the file named system.
    5. downloaded bootloader 5.5242.
    6. copied the 5.5242 file called system the sd card.
    7. placed back in TT and check that it worked. OK so far.
    8. downloaded and extracted navcore 8562 to the PC.
    9. placed new 8GB sdhc card in card reader, copied all the navcore content onto a new 8Gb sdhc card.
    10. copied the 5.5242 bootloader into the root of the new sdhc card.
    11. placed the sdhc card back into the TT and tested. got the screen that said "No Maps".

    phase one complete. now to install the maps.
    1º- Download map or radar that interests you and having meta here
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    2º- Download Fastactivate here
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    3º- copy map on sd card
    4º- Copy Fastactivate also on the sd
    5º- Fastactivate Run as administrator,2º- option activate map
    25z76hj
    6º- off gps
    7º- on gps
    8º- gps tomtom home to connect to update satellites

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    How to unhide links: After clicking LIKE this post, hidden links will be available.
    sncmz5
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  9. #8
    TomTom SModerator

    QUIN1965's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    al lado del mundo
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,606
    Rep Power
    872

    Default

    Maps compatible with NavCore 8562
    940.5965
    940.5966
    940.5993
    940.5994
    940.5995

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    How to unhide links: After clicking LIKE this post, hidden links will be available.
    sncmz5
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Surrey UK
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    OK, Phase 2.
    1. Placed the sdhc card back into the card reader.
    2. Downloaded maps 940-5965, unpacked them and copied the folder Europe_5965 to the root of the sdhc card.
    3. Downloaded the speed cameras, unpacked them.
    4. Copied the files Safety_Cam_FR_Premium.ov2, Safety_Cam_FR_PremiumOv2.ver Safety_Cam_UK_Premium.ov2 and Safety_Cam_UK_PremiumOv2.ver, to the map folder Europe_5965.
    5. Downloaded the 'Latest-FastActivate' and unpacked it to the PC.
    6. Ran the FastActivate.exe from the PC, it found the sdhc card, selected option 2, Patch Maps, Voices, Speedcams and Fuel Prices.
    7. Completed OK.
    8. Placed sdhc card back into TT and switched on.
    9. Worked fine.

    The instructions for the speed cameras didn't make any sense to me. I couldn't find any of the *.bat files it states should be altered.
    I also noticed that the file, system, which I copied to the root of the sdhc card has disappeared. does the activation remove this? should I copy it again? or just leave well alone?

    Had a problem with TT Home, won't let me use the device through Home and says the Maps cannot be used.

  11. #10
    TomTom Expert

    biggerdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Darn sarf
    Posts
    1,786
    Rep Power
    509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickSums View Post
    ... or just leave well alone?

    Had a problem with TT Home, won't let me use the device through Home and says the Maps cannot be used.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

    F/A Option 4 patch TTHome
    Please do not post "thanks" but use the "reputation" star(*) bottom/left or "like" bottom/left buttons
    S i m p l e s

    PS If you find any dead links on MY posts please pm me & I'll try to fix/reload

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.