Hi can anybody give me a guess which navcore might be installed in my (just bought) Renault Megan year 2011 it has a tomtom carminat live unit with a sd card slot i have no original card and no back up so cant id navcore from tomtom home.
I am attempting to load a SD card and install maps ect downloaded from this site, have been able to load a map and it loaded into my carminat unit but the unit said cant use this map so i have formatted back to fat32 and trying again any help or advice would be greatly welcomed
I'll try to explain in short words. First of all, If you have Carminat LIVE version, than the first thing you should know is that you cannot use patched maps/navcore, regarding to a new protection which came with Live version of navcores (9.844 or higher) which could be find in Renault vehicles produced in 2011, 2012 and 2013. So your only option is to update your Carminat Live with the official procedure. How to do that in your case whn you don't have SD card in your car? Follow this steps:
1. Buy new 4GB SD Card and insert it in your Carminat
2. turn on the system and wait a few seconds as the system will "sign" your new SD card - folder LOOPDIR will be created on a sd card.
3. turn off the system and pull out the SD card, go to your pc and install Tomtom HOME application
4. Insert SD card to your PC card reader and start Tomtom Home application
5. Tomtom home will initialize your SD card and the unique file which was created by your Carminat system. It will automatically offer you the latest navcore which will be installed after your confirmation (this update is free but you'll need to register to a Tomtom account at the first place)
6. After the software upgrade you are ready to buy maps, speedcams etc..