Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38
  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rider View Post
    Still problems with GPS position like all previous versions, result : contantly recalculculation.

    Jumps back to the right position after 15, 20 seconds.

    The Arrow should be on the blue road ofcourse.

    No problems at all with Copilot and Route 66 and TomTom.

    Here are some screenshots.

    Screenshot 2015 12 08 Sygic error 1

    I was driving on the white road right of the Arrow ( the blue road on the screenshot below )

    Screenshot 2015 12 08 Sygic error 2

    Suddenly the Arrow jumps from the route to the left :

    Screenshot 2015 12 08 Sygic error 3

    Same here :

    Screenshot 2015 12 08 Sygic error 4
    I believe its a map problem... For example I had same problems using beonroad openstreetmaps in mine country in Sygic (even in beonroad app). Its always happening on same places. Just I had no problems on nt or tt, but still can be same reason because we are in different countries.

    Послато са Nexus 5 уз помоћ Тапатока

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #32
    Pro-Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Age
    66
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Pandza,
    You could be right, can be a mapproblem.
    Now that I'm thinking about it, looks like most of the times it happens on the same places as you say.
    Maybe wrong coordinates in the map here and there ?
    Could be that maps of other nav apps has the same wrong coordinates here and there but they correct it in a better way ?

  4. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rider View Post
    Pandza,
    You could be right, can be a mapproblem.
    Now that I'm thinking about it, looks like most of the times it happens on the same places as you say.
    Maybe wrong coordinates in the map here and there ?
    Could be that maps of other nav apps has the same wrong coordinates here and there but they correct it in a better way ?
    Well I am a man who travel a lot around (1000km a week) and I have used many nav apps. It could be that other apps corrects coordinates better way, but for example I noticed that copilot has way different nt maps then Sygic. I am not sure how and why but roads aren't same in that two apps (booth using nt maps). Sygic turns are better detailed, so you can easier to conclude how hard turn really is. On some areas copilot shows roads straight, but they arent really straight there... Its definitely different.

    Послато са Nexus 5 уз помоћ Тапатока

  5. #34
    Master asprin624's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Age
    68
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    152

    Default

    There are many reasons for GPS drift.

    Seeing that it appears in the same places all the time.

    Can be a dead zone caused by buildings,
    Roads that are very close to each other.
    Poor GPS signal
    The app itself see that we are using patched beta versions........

    But all in all does it get you from point A to Point B?

    I do not spend much time looking at my GPS when I am driving.

    As long as it tells me the correct exit to take I am satisfied.

    As for it telling me how long it will take to get there is not important.

    We all stop to get gas or run to the bathroom.
    Or get in a traffic jam.

    So the time is never correct.

    But if we really want a good GPS then going out and buying a professional one is still the best bet.

    I have never been let down by mine.
    Yes they cost a lot but you need it to work all the time.

    Not having update to a new version weekly that has been patched.
    And you have to think about had the person patched it correctly so not to screw up have the GPS itself works?????


    Then there is the issue of what is still running in the background on your Tablet or Phone.....

    With user's have more than one GPS app install is there conflict with how the app access the GPS receiver.

    The bottom line here is pick the one GPS app that works for you and just use it.
    Not to keep switching from one GPS app to another and then being not being satisfied with it.

    And Sygic has a mountain of problems that would not trust to take on a trip and use.
    Last edited by asprin624; 9th December 2015 at 08:59.

  6. #35
    Pro-Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Age
    66
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chambers View Post
    There are many reasons for GPS drift.

    Seeing that it appears in the same places all the time.

    Can be a dead zone caused by buildings,
    Roads that are very close to each other.
    Poor GPS signal
    The app itself see that we are using patched beta versions........

    But all in all does it get you from point A to Point B?

    I do not spend much time looking at my GPS when I am driving.

    As long as it tells me the correct exit to take I am satisfied.

    As for it telling me how long it will take to get there is not important.

    We all stop to get gas or run to the bathroom.
    Or get in a traffic jam.

    So the time is never correct.

    But if we really want a good GPS then going out and buying a professional one is still the best bet.

    I have never been let down by mine.
    Yes they cost a lot but you need it to work all the time.

    Not having update to a new version weekly that has been patched.
    And you have to think about had the person patched it correctly so not to screw up have the GPS itself works?????


    Then there is the issue of what is still running in the background on your Tablet or Phone.....

    With user's have more than one GPS app install is there conflict with how the app access the GPS receiver.

    The bottom line here is pick the one GPS app that works for you and just use it.
    Not to keep switching from one GPS app to another and then being not being satisfied with it.

    And Sygic has a mountain of problems that would not trust to take on a trip and use.
    You are right ofcourse.

    But..

    I use always one nav app at the time.

    It's not such a big problem that it misses GPS position as long as it does not start recalculation inmidiately, that's annoying.
    Other apps will also miss it sometimes but it looks like it takes longer before it start recalculate so you don't notice it.

    I agree there are dead spots but when it happens there are now building etc around and I should also experience that
    with the other nav apps driving the same route.
    Looks like Sygic picks up the wrong position of the car and start recalculate to fast ? No idea, I'm not a GPS expert.

    The only reason I test Sygic is because I like the handling and options & layout.

  7. #36
    Master asprin624's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Age
    68
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rider View Post
    You are right ofcourse.

    But..

    I use always one nav app at the time.

    It's not such a big problem that it misses GPS position as long as it does not start recalculation inmidiately, that's annoying.
    Other apps will also miss it sometimes but it looks like it takes longer before it start recalculate so you don't notice it.

    I agree there are dead spots but when it happens there are now building etc around and I should also experience that
    with the other nav apps driving the same route.
    Looks like Sygic picks up the wrong position of the car and start recalculate to fast ? No idea, I'm not a GPS expert.

    The only reason I test Sygic is because I like the handling and options & layout.
    You might want to look into this app for GPS.

    It tweaks the GPS settings.

    Spoiler: link
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  8. #37
    Pro-Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Age
    66
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Chambers,
    Does not work for me, needs root.

  9. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    slovenia
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    me too Samsung s5

 

 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.