Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Question What are the differences between NT and TT maps? Which one would you prefer?

    Hello guys,

    I know there are 2 maps; HERE(Navteq) and Tomtom(TeleAtlas). What are basically the differences between these 2 and which one would you or should we prefer?

    Thanks in advance..
    Last edited by muhozde; 30th May 2015 at 14:45.

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #2
    Master Mike Hunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    87

    Default

    It depends where you are...but for general info, the NT maps for Sygic were originally designed for their Truck app/routing, and have been known to have some issues with the latest (car) editions of Sygic. Wrong speed limits, signs not correct, etc. I use the latest TT maps for this reason, and find them to be accurate. I am very close to where you list your location.

  4. #3
    Master asprin624's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Age
    68
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muhozde View Post
    Hello guys,

    I know there are 2 maps; Navteq and Tomtom(or TeleAtlas). What are basically the differences between these 2 and which one would you or should we prefer?

    Thanks in advance..
    Like Mike Hunt points out stay with TomTom maps.

    I can not see Sygic keeping 2 sets of map companies.

    Some where down the line Navteq which is now HERE maps will be dropped.

    Brown Dog points this out.

    "It will soon publish a new application SygicTruck. Maps of Australia and New Zealand for a SygicTruck is TomTom."

    See link:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hunt View Post
    It depends where you are...but for general info, the NT maps for Sygic were originally designed for their Truck app/routing, and have been known to have some issues with the latest (car) editions of Sygic. Wrong speed limits, signs not correct, etc. I use the latest TT maps for this reason, and find them to be accurate. I am very close to where you list your location.
    Thanks for the answer. yes, I'm from the Netherlands (as I listed). So TT is the best decision...

    And which map if you're in Turkey? Which would you prefer then?
    (I will be traveling there with the car this summer, so a good navigation is a must..)

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chambers View Post
    Like Mike Hunt points out stay with TomTom maps.

    I can not see Sygic keeping 2 sets of map companies.

    Some where down the line Navteq which is now HERE maps will be dropped.

    Brown Dog points this out.

    "It will soon publish a new application SygicTruck. Maps of Australia and New Zealand for a SygicTruck is TomTom."

    See link:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Thanks for your answer. I also think that they should stick with 1 company.. If there are much faults with NT, they should choose TT indeed..

  7. #6
    Member + jabicho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    muchos bandidos Spain
    Posts
    80
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    On my case (Spain) I can tell you that TA maps are better for long routes and big cities, whereas navteq are more acqurate for secondary roads and countryside
    gone fishing...

  8. #7
    Important User

    osiris4isis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Farside of the Sun
    Posts
    2,645
    Rep Power
    636

    Default

    For North America (or maybe I should say United States), Navteq/HERE are more updated for roads but TeleAtlas/TomTom got better POI's

  9. #8
    Member + Mauritsz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texel
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    In my hometown the Teleatlas maps, now owned by Tomtom, are much better. It has the latest new roads. It has also a lot of 3D buildings of the bigger cities.
    My only advantage in Sygic for Android is the horrible sounding dutch TTS vocaliser voices. I know it can be much better, the original Tomtom voice Xander is very well spoken.
    Last edited by Mauritsz; 8th August 2015 at 17:44.

  10. #9
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    159
    Rep Power
    52

    Default

    I was curious to see what the differences are for my homelands (Germany, NRW), so I installed the utility_directory on my phone to use as a map-flipper.
    The application started, but I didn't get past the initial black screen. :-)
    Anyone more successful with this?

  11. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    aberdeen
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keesdewit View Post
    I was curious to see what the differences are for my homelands (Germany, NRW), so I installed the utility_directory on my phone to use as a map-flipper.
    The application started, but I didn't get past the initial black screen. :-)
    Anyone more successful with this?
    also ich hab (utility_syg) installiert und bei mir funzt es (Galaxy s5 Android 5.0 Sygic_15.3.10...)

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.