Try to drag and drop the img in gimgunlock v0.03
"can't unlock maps" may mean: locked map, uncorrect naming, uncorrect file path, not removed old .unl and/or gma files.
Give more details please.
For example where you put the .img, how you named the file. Help us if you want we help you, we don't have a cristal ball
Possible reasons of error message can be the ones listed above in my previous post and naturally a locked map.
- Where I put the img: in a regular folder on the C: drive, as I already wrote.
- How I named the files: I left the names of the two files in the distribution as GMAPSUPP.IMG, GMAPPROM.img, as I wrote above.
There are obviously no permissions problems because it is a regular (not protected) folder and no locked drive because the C: drive cannot be locked.
Do let me know if I can give you more information that would help diagnose the problem.
Where are maps in Etrex ? SD or internal memory? In which folder? Do you have other .imgs in Etrex, how are they named? Do you have old gmapsupp.unl or gmapsupp.gma in Etrex? Have you checked with Gmaptool if the map is correctly unlocked? (Gmaptool , drag&drop the img in main window, hit details)
Check the attribute of your.img files : if they RA- (r=Read only, a=Archive), the file is protected to write and gimgunlock does not work.
Remove the "r" attribute. After that gimgunlock will unlock the file.
Hello! Having problem with my new 421s unit.
1. I downloaded map Veu713l v14 (Finland) File name is: gmapsupp.img
2. Unlocked it with gimgtools (gimgunlock.exe)
3. Put it in SD card to folder: Garmin
My unit doesn`t see this file at all. It shows only empty SD card no files on it..
What am I doing wrong?