Does this work for Kenwooed NX-7240BT?
This is very useful. I am updating my garmin 62s and im looking for this. Thanks for sharing
If I run updater.exe from garminCure3.exe after having created a 119601000620.rgn using the file nuvi1490TV_GCDFile__620_USB.gcd, the updater tells me (after displaying my nüvi type 14xx Dev. ID 3825182631 in the usb window) that "no updates are available for your product". Why is this? I also tried executing updater.exe 119601000620.rgn from the command line in the directory with both files present - the result is the same!
If you see message "no updates are available for your product" then you have wrong rgn file.
Where you get FW, do you take it from .system folder?
Dou you have on your nuvi writen Nuvi 1490TV?
Try with this:
Download and unpack on desctop
Open folder cure and inside updater.exe and try to flash.
I resolve problem, after reinstallation Garmin USB drivers.
Thanks a lot for this thread ...
I have been trying since last year to upgrade my FENIX (Chinese version) into an international one since GARMIN CHINA isn't keeping up the pace in upgrades ...
Finally it is working with the SOFTWARE VERSION 4.00 and GPS SOFTWARE 3.10
Kind of struggled with all the information around and managed to compile everything together ...
The option of modifying the GUPDATE.GCD file (changing the HWID in it with the HWID recognized by the watch) and putting it back in the watch, didn't work at all ...
I was left with this last option :
- Take the GUPDATE.GCD file and modify the HWID with RGN Tools program
- Save it under a RGN file
- Install Garmin Updater program and updating the Garmin USB files
- After putting the modified GCD file in the same folder as the Updater, drag the GCD file on top of the Updater file ... It will launch the program
- Put the watch in the cradle, press the "Up" button (keep holding it), then when the message "Software Loader" appears, plug the USB in the computer
- Wait a while and the Updater program will recognize the Fenix
- Confirm the upgrade and wait 4 to 5 minutes for the all process to be done
- When finished, unplug the watch and you will have the new firmware ...
Surprisingly, I didn't loose my data ...
Thanks again to the author of this thread ...
Nuvi 50LM HWID 1350 3.80
Boots to Garmin logo and hangs.
Not recognized by PC, pre-boot is seen by G7tW. Also updater sees it in preboot.
Tried curing with a Garmin rgn file, updater started and then hung. Screen flashes loader and then updater hangs and displays the error screen.
USB port seems ok .. not loose.
If I power it down, on the reboot, it will hang on the Garmin splash screen.
Known good USB cable. Win 7 laptop checks out OK with other Garmins.
If there are any suggestions further, I await. Otherwise, will scrap for parts.
You have to navigate to get to the good.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Password for my files: gpspower.net
Please don't flood my pm box with questions you can post on forum!! You won't hear back from me.
Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600