Note for existing customers who bought the app before June 23: The upgrade is not free, unfortunately. Please visit futuretap.com/upgrade to understand why.
Where To makes it incredibly easy to locate the closest steakhouse, bank branch, billiard club or anything else you may be looking for, at the drop of a hat! Think of it as a tradtional GPS device built right into your iPhone.
With just a few taps, you can find local hits for any type of place you are looking for. Check the found places on the built-in map or in a list sorted by distance. Then call to make a reservation or check the homepage using the built-in web viewer. Get driving directions using maps, add the location to your contacts or share the location using email, SMS or the clipboard. Finally you can find local businesses and directions without any typing, using a slick, intuitive user experience.
Not sure what you want for dinner tonight? Use “Shake to Surprise” to make the choice. Take a chance and find something new and exciting! Sound like something of interest? The possibilities are endless with Where To. Your days of typing names and destinations are over.
New in version 2.0:
The latest version of Where To features integrated Map and Web browser features, so users can stay within the app to view map locations or display the location's homepage.
- Includes more than 600 categories and 1,900 brands, allowing you to find whatever you want without any typing.
- NEW: Integrated map (map, satellite or hybrid style)
- Find places near you or your friends and family, anywhere in the world
- NEW: Tracking mode: auto reloads new points of interest while moving
- NEW: Integrated web viewer to display the location's homepage
- Works with any iPhone or ipod Touch (Internet connection required)
- Available in English (American and British), German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch (av. in the next update), Greek (ditto)
- Gorgeous user interface
- Watch the video on our website for a guided tour.
“How did it work? Pretty well. It's nice to have all the tools you need in one app”
-Mel Martin, TUAW.com
“The app provides a categorized directory for searching Google Maps. The idea is simple, and the execution is nearly perfect... brings it closer to a full GPS Device.” (4.5 of 5 stars)
-Jeff Scott, 148Apps.com
Some examples of the >600 categories:
• Food & Drink: restaurants, bars, cafés, pubs
• Services: Banks, ATMs, automobile repair, computer repair, delivery services, gas stations
• Shopping: Apple Stores, clothing, groceries, electronics, toys
• Entertainment: movie theaters, night clubs, gyms, museums
• Travel & Transportation: car rental stations, hotels, taxi cabs, train and bus stations
• Health & Medical: hospitals, all kinds of doctors
• Attractions: art galleries, parks, spas, zoos
• Education: kindergartens, schools, universities
Follow us on Twitter for announcements and giveaways:
NEW IN THIS VERSION
- optimized point of interests search method
- doesn't display points of interest that were marked for deletion
- adaptive distance to fetch new POIs on map movement
- displays a warning in detail view if entries have only approximate coordinates
- fixed a hang at startup that could occur in rare situations
- error alerts such as for missing internet connection are not repeated anymore
- added categories: smog check, playgrounds
- added brands: Germany: CashPool, Austria: Grocery chains
- optimized: English: landmarks, German: Train Stations, several Swiss categories
English, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch
Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
DOWNLOAD [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]