Source: Cyclops safety_camera_US_Canada.gpi July-27-2015
1. Extract 3 coords of Cyclops record and create "Along Road" alert using Circle List*
2. Using predefined audio of "Tone" (ding, ding) since .wav or .mp3 won't work on Street Pilot
3. Using 24x24 icons so it will show correctly on Street Pilot; icons are simple but should be clear to spot (ie: red camera for Redlight) Also for now, icon show where alert will start not where camera is at.
4. For Redlight alert, streetview picture (if available) is included and general text indicating intersecting streetnames
5. For non Redlight alert, mapview picture (if available) is included
6. Alert has category and name (extracted from google map) with travelling direction (ie: NB means North Bound)**
* Work in progress and some tweaking may be required for accuracy
** This would allow searching and make simulating for testing of alerts possible
Exclusively on gspower.net so password is same.
Please Login or Register to see the links
1. Put the .gpi file(s) under ....\Garmin\POI directory of where you installed Street Pilot (on my Moto G, it's "My Computer\XT1028\Internal storage\Android\data\com.garmin.android.apps.gmobilext\files")
2. Turn it on under menu: Settings->Proximity Alerts->Alerts->Custom POIs
3. Check to see if it works by: Where To?->Categories->Travel Guide: Speedcam->Redlight, etc...
4. Under it you should be able to search for the alert; the "i" button will show the StreetView or MapView (if any)
1. Put unit in "simulation" under menu: Settings->Navigation->GPS Simulator
2. View your alert via "Where To?" ... press "i" button
3. Then set your starting location around the alert via "Set Location" (make sure you select far enough back away from alert icon)
4. Select ending location and make sure it goes far enough pass the alert in a desire direction and press "Go!" button
5. When approaching alert, you should hear "ding, ding" and text bar on top of screen with "Alert: <Alert Category> <Alert Name> <Travel Direction>, ie: Alert: RedlightCam Concord Rd NB
6. When approaching from opposite direction, you WILL hear "ding, ding" but WON'T see text bar on top.
Edit: The larger .gpi is not being recognized on my phone; so I do not know if it's a size issue or my phone issue.