Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Merging .gpi

  1. #1
    Navigation software expert

    Giomen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Suomi-Russia
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,578
    Rep Power
    589

    autovelox Merging .gpi

    Quote Originally Posted by osiris4isis View Post
    Source: Navitel May 2015
    Converted to .gpi with EN, RU, BE, KK, UK languages. Using bearing list, built-in tones and Navitel icons. Proximity/Range=400m.
    ................
    It is possible for you to convert Russian fuel station POI's for Garmin from UTF to CP1251 or combine 8 file to one?

    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Sorry for off-topic
    Moved from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] to separate thread as requested.
    Last edited by Neil; 2nd June 2015 at 11:36. Reason: Add note.
    Love your wife? Buy yourself a GPS for answering to her favorite question: "Dear, where are you?".

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #2
    Important User

    osiris4isis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Farside of the Sun
    Posts
    2,645
    Rep Power
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giomen View Post
    It is possible for you to convert Russian fuel station POI's for Garmin from UTF to CP1251 or combine 8 file to one?

    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Sorry for off-topic
    Ok, I've briefly looked at it and it would seem that even though it has 2 languages: EN, RU. They are both the same. Same text for EN and RU and same audio as well. First task is to extract icons and audio. Then the coords, after that I can rebuild with combine data.

    Edit: After extracting all icons and audio's, all of the audio's are the same and furthermore, they are not used since these .gpi contained only POIs (for display purposes) and no alerts! If you want a different voice for each stations, post them. Also when you say using CP1251, do you mean instead of UTF-8: Краснодарский край you want CP-1251: Краснодарский край ?
    Last edited by osiris4isis; 16th May 2015 at 10:06.

  4. #3
    Navigation software expert

    Giomen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Suomi-Russia
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,578
    Rep Power
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by osiris4isis View Post
    Ok, I've briefly looked at it and it would seem that even though it has 2 languages: EN, RU. They are both the same. Same text for EN and RU and same audio as well. First task is to extract icons and audio. Then the coords, after that I can rebuild with combine data.

    Edit: After extracting all icons and audio's, all of the audio's are the same and furthermore, they are not used since these .gpi contained only POIs (for display purposes) and no alerts! If you want a different voice for each stations, post them. Also when you say using CP1251, do you mean instead of UTF-8: Краснодарский край you want CP-1251: Краснодарский край ?
    1. I needed to combine file for Nuvi 200-200W because it have limitation for number of POI file in device only. No changes in content is required!
    2. I needed in CP1251 file for Nuvi 300-600 because it do not work with UTF-8. No changes in content is required! (I know what GPI creator do not use local codepage).
    Love your wife? Buy yourself a GPS for answering to her favorite question: "Dear, where are you?".

  5. #4
    Important User

    osiris4isis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Farside of the Sun
    Posts
    2,645
    Rep Power
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giomen View Post
    1. I needed to combine file for Nuvi 200-200W because it have limitation for number of POI file in device only. No changes in content is required!
    2. I needed in CP1251 file for Nuvi 300-600 because it do not work with UTF-8. No changes in content is required! (I know what GPI creator do not use local codepage).
    There is no "combine/merge" capability; only extract and rebuilt. You didn't answer my questions. There are audio's in .gpi but it's a same (single) RU announcement and since the POI's are only for visibility (no alerts in those .gpi's), it's not used. Do you want to just rebuilt it without audio nor alerts or do you want to "improve" it with adding custom audio's alerts.
    Since I do not read cyrillic, it's hard to know what's right or wrong for CP1251; you did not answer the question if it's correct. Dealing with non UTF-8 is a pain in the butt; but I'm willing to spend time to investigate and get it done, but I need help to know what it's right. You got an example of CP1261 codepage .gpi?

  6. #5
    Navigation software expert

    Giomen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Suomi-Russia
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,578
    Rep Power
    589

    Default

    1) No voice be wanted for merging. Task is one file from 8.
    I recognize what I can extract and rebuild only. But you do not want to give me "ready for use" extracting tools! So for CP1251 because I do not have any problem with rebuilding.
    2) CP1251 from my own files:
    Board crossing points for NW
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    or
    Peterburg highways
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by Giomen; 17th May 2015 at 03:57.
    Love your wife? Buy yourself a GPS for answering to her favorite question: "Dear, where are you?".

  7. #6
    Important User

    osiris4isis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Farside of the Sun
    Posts
    2,645
    Rep Power
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giomen View Post
    1) No voice be wanted for merging. Task is one file from 8.
    I recognize what I can extract and rebuild only. But you do not want to give me "ready for use" extracting tools! So for CP1251 because I do not have any problem with rebuilding.
    2) CP1251 from my own files:
    Board crossing points for NW
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    or
    Peterburg highways
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Good, so it looks like you're using POI Loader to create codepage CP1251. What did you do to get it to use CP1251 instead of UTF-8?
    Here is a kludge just to test if changing to CP1251 (without any text conversion) would work (see if it show correctly on your Nuvi):
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  8. #7
    Navigation software expert

    Giomen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Suomi-Russia
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,578
    Rep Power
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by osiris4isis View Post
    Good, so it looks like you're using POI Loader to create codepage CP1251. What did you do to get it to use CP1251 instead of UTF-8?
    Here is a kludge just to test if changing to CP1251 (without any text conversion) would work (see if it show correctly on your Nuvi):
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I have no one of old device under hand but I think what attempt will be failed. I try to change CP in HEX earlier but no UTF text is readable of course.

    POI Loader work fine for me with CP - I am use UTF-8, CP1251 or CP1257 in GPX (XML hat) and I do not have problem in output files.
    Love your wife? Buy yourself a GPS for answering to her favorite question: "Dear, where are you?".

  9. #8
    Important User

    osiris4isis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Farside of the Sun
    Posts
    2,645
    Rep Power
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giomen View Post
    I have no one of old device under hand but I think what attempt will be failed. I try to change CP in HEX earlier but no UTF text is readable of course.

    POI Loader work fine for me with CP - I am use UTF-8, CP1251 or CP1257 in GPX (XML hat) and I do not have problem in output files.
    Sound like text need converting. Post your example of your .gpx file that's using CP1257. Also post .gpx of 2Customs.gpi
    Last edited by osiris4isis; 18th May 2015 at 08:55.

  10. #9
    Navigation software expert

    Giomen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Suomi-Russia
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,578
    Rep Power
    589

    Default

    CSV files was used for CP1257.
    For CP1251 the GPX (UTF-8) was used but on Windows with Russian locale.

    Sorry, I may be entangled in testimony because use several machines with different locales and POI loader version...
    Love your wife? Buy yourself a GPS for answering to her favorite question: "Dear, where are you?".

  11. #10
    Important User

    osiris4isis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Farside of the Sun
    Posts
    2,645
    Rep Power
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giomen View Post
    CSV files was used for CP1257.
    For CP1251 the GPX (UTF-8) was used but on Windows with Russian locale.

    Sorry, I may be entangled in testimony because use several machines with different locales and POI loader version...
    So PoiLoader is doing the "magic" Post CSV and GPX files anyway. It might easier to convert to CSV/GPX and give them to you.
    Also see if this works correctly: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.