use the file GPX....and remname your custom files BMP....or use the file BMP in archive rared
Put the file GPX and BMP (of archive or custom) in folder (ex Desktop\PL\.....) with, if necessary for you, the files of sound alerts....and launch the Poiloader
yes, roger, i have to put the 3 files together before using poi loader.
i've got personalised bmp & sounds for my Nûvi 200, so i keep them for each update
no, roger, but when renaming the new files as my customs files, i keep my icons.
it's not too long to do.
i'm just trying to find mobile database to update mine, now
I created a PackSecurityTTH_1304.gpi file from unzipped last link.
I put this .gpi file into a POI folder on a microSD card with City Navigator Europe.img file.
I read this microSD on my Montana, and several problems occured :
- first, although dangerous zone POIs are registered in "where to go" on my Montana, they are not displayed in CN when Montana is on simulation.
- Dangerous zone POIs are only displayed while navigating with no Garmin icons, but only with a point surronded with a little circle : don't .bmp files work on Montana ?
- Dangerous zones are only notified with a bip (and something written in red on screen) a few meters before radars : no charming girl voice : don't .wav files work on Montana ?
Last edited by sergio2; 2nd May 2013 at 10:59.
I state that I do not know how does the Montana,sorry I assume that it behaves like a nuvi automotive
For testing,try the bouquet precompiled in GPI for SCDB (France,of course)....and test for icons BMP. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
If they work at least icons, you can try the GPX, the BMP, and WAV files (from bouquet GarminHeaven) always SCDB
If you prefer,you post the files association (i.e. namePOIsfile.gpx with namesoundfile.wav) sound and I'll get ready the GPI
I put :
- all .bmp icons from Garmin SCDB into CustomSymbols folder in Garmin Montana folder,
- all .gpx files into GPX folder,
- Files.gci into a POI folder.
and it worked ! (can see icons and waypoints on the CN map without navigating)
But I can't see the interest of having both icons and waypoints flags on the map, so that I have suppressed .gpx files.
Where can I find .wav files ? Can I use PackSecurityTTH ones ?
Last edited by sergio2; 2nd May 2013 at 22:51.