Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 98
  1. #51
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    that would be awesome. i like morgan freeman on waze, but to put the kitt onto was, would just be freakin awesome
    Last edited by adamcarter; 18th July 2016 at 01:37.

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #52
    Important User

    osiris4isis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Farside of the Sun
    Posts
    2,646
    Rep Power
    640

    Default

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    and the magic bullet disappeared....
    "You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit the views." -DrWho

    Do NOT PM me with requests or for fixes to your problem. Post in thread instead. All communications in English only!

  4. #53
    Garmin/GPS Systems GMod.

    Neil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oz.
    Posts
    7,408
    Rep Power
    1435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by osiris4isis View Post
    and the magic bullet disappeared....
    Yes, they got to him i think. Maybe he's resting with the 'Edmund Fitzgerald' in Lake Superior, our much missed turbo.



    Need you to step up Osiris. Get cracking [pun intended].
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

  5. #54
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Version 1.4 Doesn't work on encrypted NonTTS files like KITT. turboccc said he was working on a 2.0 version and was able to crack it. but thats the last I read.

    Quote Originally Posted by osiris4isis View Post
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    and the magic bullet disappeared....

  6. #55
    Garmin/GPS Systems GMod.

    Neil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oz.
    Posts
    7,408
    Rep Power
    1435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamcarter View Post
    Version 1.4 Doesn't work on encrypted NonTTS files like KITT.
    We know that.

    turboccc said he was working on a 2.0 version and was able to crack it. but thats the last I read.
    And that's what Osiris means by 'the magic bullet disappeared', i.e. no version with the crack was made public, also my post just above yours means that Turbo has disappeared too unfortunately. ..... The only hope we've got now is for our half-mad Texan to take over from a perfectly sane but absent Canadian and decrypt those VPMs so best we be nice to him ... Oops! Sorry Osiris .....
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

  7. #56
    Important User

    osiris4isis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Farside of the Sun
    Posts
    2,646
    Rep Power
    640

    Default

    Hard to believe he actually contacted those companies about "the crack." But then I get the feeling he wanted to "sell" his work and he might got sued (or hired) by them. Anyway, it seem odd that someone would "disappeared" like that.
    Now for some questions
    1. Those KITT vpm's (non TTS) only difference in announcing the name? Everything else is same? Same voice/tone and same phrases?
    2. Didn't he post a decrypted voice file? He didn't release the tool, but I believe he'd posted a decrypted DrNightmare vpm. Anyone has it? He also posted Avatar at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] but rapidshare is defunct.
    3. I need to get access to VoiceStudio and VoiceCreator; know where I can get the latest?
    Last edited by osiris4isis; 18th July 2016 at 23:32.
    "You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit the views." -DrWho

    Do NOT PM me with requests or for fixes to your problem. Post in thread instead. All communications in English only!

  8. #57
    ☼ADMIN☼
    catymag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    light side
    Posts
    23,655
    Rep Power
    5331

    Default

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    is the latest.
    Voice Creator here:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Probably not the latest, but is the only one available.

    Quote Originally Posted by osiris4isis View Post
    I get the feeling he wanted to "sell" his work.
    I bet you are wrong.
    it seem odd that someone would "disappeared" like that.
    You can ask him here:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    You have to navigate to get to the good.
    Nuvi1250/Nuvi 34xx/Nuvi 2200/Nuvi 66/Oregon 600/Galaxy S5 MM 6.0.1/TomTom GO/iGO Nextgen Avic,Basar,Isr.Gift/Navigon
    Please don't flood my pm box with questions you can post on forum!! You won't hear back from me.

  9. #58
    Important User

    osiris4isis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Farside of the Sun
    Posts
    2,646
    Rep Power
    640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catymag View Post
    I bet you are wrong.
    Well from his replied [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] sure sounds like he's equating (or justifying) what he did with a product being sold.
    "You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit the views." -DrWho

    Do NOT PM me with requests or for fixes to your problem. Post in thread instead. All communications in English only!

  10. #59
    Garmin/GPS Systems GMod.

    Neil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oz.
    Posts
    7,408
    Rep Power
    1435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by osiris4isis View Post
    Hard to believe he actually contacted those companies about "the crack." But then I get the feeling he wanted to "sell" his work and he might got sued (or hired) by them. Anyway, it seem odd that someone would "disappeared" like that.
    Yeah, i thought it was strange he'd actually talk to the ppl who's product he was wanting to crack but i guess he had his reasons. Word was he got a new job which precluded further extensive 'outside' work, whether due to time constrains or professional/ethical boundaries the result was the same, no more postings from him about that crack since Sept 2011 but he continued to post elsewhere for some time. His last post in the forum was June 2012 and hasn't logged on since April 2013. It'd be great if he'd come back though. He posted on his Wiki home page last March:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    He seems to like talking with ppl who are skilled, you should contact him there as Caty suggested. A software dunce like me would get no where but if he knows you're on the ball he'll likely respond to you.

    Now for some questions
    1. Those KITT vpm's (non TTS) only difference in announcing the name? Everything else is same? Same voice/tone and same phrases?
    Otherwise identical AFAIK.

    2. Didn't he post a decrypted voice file? He didn't release the tool, but I believe he'd posted a decrypted DrNightmare vpm. Anyone has it? He also posted Avatar at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] but rapidshare is defunct.
    I wasn't aware of the decrypted Dr Nightmare and would have downloaded it immediately if i'd seen it. I know he posted that now-defunct link for Avatar voice in POI Factory but it was dead by the time i saw it, i wonder was it also posted elsewhere to a different host site?

    Maybe someone has one or both of the decrypted Avatar or Dr Nightmare, if so please post them or PM me or Osiris. With a decryted file to compare to an encrypted even an experienced coder like Osiris can have his workload markedly reduced.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

  11. #60
    Important User

    osiris4isis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Farside of the Sun
    Posts
    2,646
    Rep Power
    640

    Default

    US laws allow for "fair use" of "black box" reconstruction of a product. "Fair use" means non-commercial or not making any money of it; personal use only. One reason why you would ask original product maker is you plan to make money of it. If you get permission it will exclude you from any future liability/lawsuit. However, if they tell you "cease and desist", they are planning to fight and you better be prepare for court; or you just quietly "disappeared."
    "You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit the views." -DrWho

    Do NOT PM me with requests or for fixes to your problem. Post in thread instead. All communications in English only!

 

 
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.