Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Custom POI for SMEG+

    HI,
    Can anyone tell me how to add custom poi's to a SMEG+ in a Citroen c4 picasso 2014. Every other satnav seems to have this function as a standard, and there are so many databases available.

    Also is there a PC emulator available, similar to TomTom Home, so that I can plan a route in comfort, then load it into the car.
    Thanks in advance

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #2
    Moderator

    Bricoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    All over the place
    Posts
    1,115
    Rep Power
    243

    Default

    Hello,

    The points of interest for Smeg+ are reserved, the file format is owner by PSA.
    Same problem with RT4/5, RT6, Smeg+, Smeg+iv2.
    Unable to add personal POIs.

  4. #3
    Master WayneLaPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Diedenhoffen
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    Customized POIs are entirely possible with SMEGs too. The format of POIs is plain and simple SQLite. Nothing is owned by Peugeot!

    The only reason you don't find a lot of POI databasis for SMEGs are twofold: on the one hand, it is a lot of work and people come by and complain. On the other hand there are also dogfaced folks who download the files and sell them on egay. That's why most capable people don't consider doing free POIs a valueable pastime.

    However, there are still some of them left: Here is good example: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    "[..] Every other satnav seems to have this function as a standard, and there are so many databases available.[...]"

    GET REAL, will you? Every satnav has it, including SMEG, but there are few Peugeot people who like to work in their sparetime for free, for reasons I outlined above.
    nuffin'

  5. #4
    Moderator

    Bricoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    All over the place
    Posts
    1,115
    Rep Power
    243

    Default

    Hello,

    It's always very difficult for many people working free at this time, welcome 2016 year !

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hello,

    @ WayneLaPie :

    so, let me understand. Il i want to create a database of custom POI with SQL lite, i'm not talking of a speedcams base to update constantly, it's possible to add to my SMEG+. I suppose it must be in a folder with the right files named like this for example :
    DATA
    SMEG_IV2_UPG
    SMEG_PLUS_UPG
    SMEG_UPG
    UPG
    MEDIA_CONTENT.md5
    POI.inf
    POI_RT5.inf
    POI_VER.POI

  7. #6
    Master WayneLaPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Diedenhoffen
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    59

    Default Ok

    Quote Originally Posted by Titiprods View Post
    Hello,

    @ WayneLaPie :

    so, let me understand. Il i want to create a database of custom POI with SQL lite, i'm not talking of a speedcams base to update constantly, it's possible to add to my SMEG+. I suppose it must be in a folder with the right files named like this for example :
    DATA
    This directory contains a DATA1 and a DATA2 subdirectory. In any of those, you will find a ZAR_POI.BIN, which are LZW-compressed files, containing the actual ZARs.
    You can open them with radarviewer by mira308sw or lzw, of course.

    The files I pointed to are created differently. though. astraplus doesn't disclose his method. But he uses a new directory to be created instead of using the DATA1 and DATA 2. The one he uses is
    called \DATA\MAPPE\POI_USER. There, he puts a SQLlite db created form SCCDB Data by erasing the data not need, then compressing it and creatng a CRC-32 checksum in hex format, first line in ZAR_POI.BIN.inf. All the other directories and files are apparently not needed if this method is used. This file is not working on SMEG+iV1 or V2. It is also not working with the prehistoric RT6s (codename dinosaur).

    Pls. note that he is using commercially obtained data and redistributes them. So you have been warned.

    All in all not for the technically uninclined or faint hearted, but possible. Disassemble the file I pointed to at the other forum and you will understand.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    I am not aware of a gui method to store USER-POIs other than using the address book of the SMEG, where personal waypoints can be saved to and used as POIs.
    Those POIs essentially end up as entries in the address book. SMEGs allow 200 entries for personal POIs. That's an alternative to the procedures noted above.

    It is mentioned in the owners' manual and doesn't require further explaination.

    Greetz,
    Wayne
    Last edited by WayneLaPie; 19th May 2016 at 08:12.
    nuffin'

  8. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WayneLaPie View Post
    This directory contains a DATA1 and a DATA2 subdirectory. In any of those, you will find a ZAR_POI.BIN, which are LZW-compressed files, containing the actual ZARs.
    You can open them with radarviewer by mira308sw or lzw, of course.

    The files I pointed to are created differently. though. astraplus doesn't disclose his method. But he uses a new directory to be created instead of using the DATA1 and DATA 2. The one he uses is
    called \DATA\MAPPE\POI_USER. There, he puts a SQLlite db created form SCCDB Data by erasing the data not need, then compressing it and creatng a CRC-32 checksum in hex format, first line in ZAR_POI.BIN.inf. All the other directories and files are apparently not needed if this method is used. This file is not working on SMEG+iV1 or V2. It is also not working with the prehistoric RT6s (codename dinosaur).

    Pls. note that he is using commercially obtained data and redistributes them. So you have been warned.

    All in all not for the technically uninclined or faint hearted, but possible. Disassemble the file I pointed to at the other forum and you will understand.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    I am not aware of a gui method to store USER-POIs other than using the address book of the SMEG, where personal waypoints can be saved to and used as POIs.
    Those POIs essentially end up as entries in the address book. SMEGs allow 200 entries for personal POIs. That's an alternative to the procedures noted above.

    It is mentioned in the owners' manual and doesn't require further explaination.

    Greetz,
    Wayne
    Hi Wayne,
    can you tell me how can convert SCCDB Data to .lzw files.

    I try converting a database poi format .asc in RT4 / RT5 / RT6 format with RTxMapEditor, but for greater coordinated 27.00000 Longitude, I get the error: "Out of range longitude: 28.175555, the POI is outside the map in the line 1 of file. "
    If i check in PoiEdit2007-2 places are good.
    It is coordinate :
    .csv: 28.175555 44.229166 radarfix-A2@130
    .asc: 28.175555,44.229166, RF0356-130km / h radarfix R-A2

    I don't find any way to ignore error and convert greater coordinated then 27.00000 Longitude.

    Thanks
    Last edited by Corin; 28th May 2016 at 08:50.

  9. #8
    Master WayneLaPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Diedenhoffen
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    59

    Default Some thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Corin View Post
    Hi Wayne
    Hi Corin

    Quote Originally Posted by Corin View Post
    can you tell me how can convert SCCDB Data to .lzw files.
    Not sure what you mean. LZW is a (commercial) compression algorithm for files. You can unpack and repack files that way. SMEG expects them to have a filename ending of *.BIN.

    Quote Originally Posted by Corin View Post
    I try converting a database poi format .asc in RT4 / RT5 / RT6 format with RTxMapEditor, but for greater coordinated 27.00000 Longitude, I get the error: "Out of range longitude: 28.175555, the POI is outside the map in the line 1 of file. "
    If i check in PoiEdit2007-2 places are good.
    It is coordinate :
    .csv: 28.175555 44.229166 radarfix-A2@130
    .asc: 28.175555,44.229166, RF0356-130km / h radarfix R-A2

    I don't find any way to ignore error and convert greater coordinated then 27.00000 Longitude.Thanks
    The coordinates of longitude 28.175555 latitude 44.229166 refer to a location near Ash Shinan in Saudi-Arabia, as far as Google tells me. Are you sure the data is good?

    However, if you are refering to Mircea Voda, the reason might be poor software design or wrongly interpreted data. If I am right, the software or the data is not following the commonly agreed on method of naming coordinates, which is longitude, latitude. It might be interpreting the data as latitude, longitude, which, in this case, correctly throws an error.

    Greetz,

    Wayne
    Last edited by WayneLaPie; 31st May 2016 at 11:54.
    nuffin'

  10. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi Wayne.
    .LZW is the files contain coordinates inside .bin. I use RadarViewer.exe to open .lzw and see that coordinate and to open .bin 7-zip

    The coordonate in the example is:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    If i check with poiedit 2007-2 the coordonate is ok.
    I convert from .csv to .asc then insert in RTxMapEditor, but i receive that error.
    In the csv and asc files first are longitude and second are latitude.
    I try to invert coordinates but i receive same error out of map and say: Out of range longitude: 44.229166, the POI is outside the map"
    I think interpreting the data is ok longitude then latitude and is inverse on google map, first is latitude.
    I attached some pics.
    If coordinate are under 27.000 longitude all is ok
    Attached Images Attached Images

  11. #10
    Master WayneLaPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Diedenhoffen
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    59

    Default Seems to be a bug

    Quote Originally Posted by Corin View Post

    then insert in RTxMapEditor, but i receive that error.
    If coordinate are under 27.000 longitude all is ok
    It seems to be a bug in RTxMapEditor, I'm afraid. Not sure if the author is still willing or able to support it. I am not aware of any method to help you.

    EDIT: He surely won't be willing to do so:

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Greetz,

    Wayne
    Last edited by WayneLaPie; 3rd June 2016 at 11:49.
    nuffin'

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.