Thanks a lot Bricoman. I am learning....
Working in software myself it is essential to always run the latest official releases.
Not only do you then get "new stuff" ( enhancements ) but you get "problems fixed"
On top of that you get compatible to other products out there ( like IOS 9.2 or so ).
As you drive the car many hours and even certain main controls can be routed via the SMEG this upgrade
is not an option; but a MUST -> again my vision is clouded due to my background but applying this update is the same
as running a Windows update ( just takes longer... )
I am pleased and I truly thank you for posting all your stuff ( MAPS + Generators + SpeedsCams etc ) I use it all the time.
( we have here around 80 Peugeot/Citroens in the company that I "update" )
Good luck everyone keeping their platforms up2date! And big big thanks to Bricoman
Thanks a lot Bricoman. I am learning....
Thanks for your files!
Are there any tutorial for update firmware, without risk of destroying the smeg? (just copy the folder SMEG_IV2_UPG on stick usb?)
Excuse me if my english is not fluently...
Is it OK for SMEG6.0.E.R6
Thanks for your answers!
Last edited by chirac; 18th November 2015 at 10:22.
I believe that the SMEG system itself only starts the programming once all files on the stick are confirmed 100%
as the update takes 15-18 minutes; around 50% of the time the system is VERIFYING data.
As long as you keep the ENGINE RUNNING all the time the upgrade should be okay.
Step to do are these:
1) Download the file of 920mb that Bricoman put online.
2) Get a good USB stick of 1Gb or more ( try to avoid cheap sticks at all cost; so use a Sandisk or so )
3) Format this stick and make it FAT32 filesystem
4) Use a good unpacker ( I use WinRAR ) to UNZIP the data to the CLEAN formatted FAT32 USB stick
5) in the root of the stick you put the folder SMEG_IV2_UPG ( so when you "explore" the USB driver you see just one folder "SMEG_IV2_UPG" )
6) go to the car and start the engine
7) pull out existing USB devices and insert the stick
8) the SMEG will take 2-3 minutes to "recognize" the stick and then it ASKS you if you want to update; press YES
9) the SMEG prepares the system and after 6 minutes it reboots.
10) you keep the USB stick in the USB port -> the SMEG reboots 4-5 times total operation WHILE the engine is running! takes 15-18 minutes
11) the SMEG comes back and you can verify your FW ( 6.1 now )
12) now you can switch of the engine; you are done
Whilest updating the SMEG ( steps 9-10 ) you see a "blue screen" with TEXT -> this is normal you can actually read the progress there.
Just use a freshly formatted USB stick of good quality, take your time ( 20 minutes ) and keep the engine running! That is it.
Your MAPS and Speedcams are not deleted they remain in the unit; this file only changes / updates the operating system.
I am very happy with it on my new 208; I drove yesterday 4 hours; no problems or so.
Good luck updating
SMEG+ and SMEG+i V2 refer to different hardware devices. These are NOT displayed on the system screen, as those are software versions.
The firmware major versions are as follows:
- Firmware 5.x belongs to SMEG+ hardware.
- Firmware 6.x belongs to SMEG+i V2 hardware.
There is no "SMEG+ V1" hardware.
So, if you have a 5.x reading, you own a SMEG+. And you guys need to read the first post (the first line) which tells you the ugradepath.
Last edited by WayneLaPie; 22nd November 2015 at 19:16.
I am especially very much delighted to hear that your employer is not even willing to pay for Firmware or maps.
I am always in favor of companies who encourage there employees to be creative. That way, productivity is greatly improved.
With only 80 cars in posession, the poor softwaremaker has no real alternative to gpspower.
Hilarious fact: Most fw is available for free at the dealer if you have a malfunction. It is called warranty. And that's a god given right in the EU.
But I totally agree with you in one aspect: Your vision actually IS clouded
So, happy copying!
Last edited by WayneLaPie; 22nd November 2015 at 19:18.
Actualy my version is SMEG6.05.DR8. and no 6.0.5.ER1 .
Do you have an idea ?
that works aaleeeeex, i did the update from dr8 to the FW from bricoman
I have the
SW 6.00 Matrice 2
Soft: 3.17.A.R3 (16-05-13)
Will it work?