If I upgrade my firmware to R50b will I lose the PT Voice in GPS Navigation?
I have few questions. Some of them may be very stupid. For my excuse I will say that I have C5 2011 with MyWay system (firmware ver. 27) from 1 week (so I am a newbie ). Here are my questions:
1. I download the maps putted on 16 GB Fat32 SD card and everything went well. On MyWay is there a hard drive where the maps are copied (like RT5) or the SD card must stay inside all the time?
2. The speedcams "Fixed Radars Europe + Spain and Portugal Mobile Sept.. 2015" contains "Fixed radars Aug... 2015" + Spain and Portugal, am I right?
3. When there will be 2015-2 Modified maps?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Last edited by idownload; 19th March 2016 at 08:34.
2. I have downloaded them, but when I extract the archive there aren't no files with names (that are written in 1st post): 002ecu, 003ffs, 004mqh, 005pob, 006wj; only hazardareas.lwd and versionhazard.txt. So I need to copy this two in my Maps SD card inside "database" folder, right?
3. I saw this post, but because its not written that they are Modified, I thought that this are the original maps and they will not work on normal SD card.
but right now I don't have any problem with ver.27 and from what I read in 1st post about the "Various bug operation" in ver.50 I am not so sure that I want to upgrade. May be if I know what are the differences between two versions then I can make better decision.
And can you tell me about what I wrote in post 105 - am I right about number 2 (I only need to copy hazardareas.lwd and versionhazard.txt to database folder on my maps SD card) and number 3 (Are the maps in the link that janch wrote are Modified or Not)?
I think you need to update latest FW R.50 your unit for install the new 2015.2 mapping janch link.
hazardareas.lwd and versionhazard.txt are speedcams files for your unit, you must can change it every month.
It's often difficult to know the news firmwares upgrades.
First post here so please be gentle
I have the 2015-2 maps and the January 2016 cams now running in my myway - C3 Picasso Exclusive 2010 - I am still on the 27 firmware at the moment but everything appears to be working OK -Is there any overiding reason - extra features etc for me to upgrade to the R50 firmware ? I am a great believer in not fixing something that is not broken and just wondered if I am missing out on something by not upgrading the firmware.
If you are happy with the GPS like that, don't do anything.
It's good to know that the version FW R27 supports the latest mapping 2015.2
The latest version should correct certain anomalies, but often difficult to know ?
It's always a choice to upgrade or not his material.
Last edited by Bricoman; 21st March 2016 at 19:34.