Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11
    iGO Moderator Easy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    419
    Rep Power
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GPSTUGA View Post
    I'm using the Original DEM that came with the IGO PRIMO sdcard. Should I change it?
    No, that one could not make any problem.

    osiris4isis, can you see this one?

    Spoiler: YT video


    If not, install "SaveFromNetHelper" plugin for browser (Chrome or FireFox)
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    and you will be able to download any Youtube video.
    "Downlowd" button is added in browser under video with selection of resolution abd format .
    Works great with Chrome and FireFox

    GPSTUGA, next time please record in lanscape
    Last edited by Boki_Srb; 5th September 2016 at 12:18.

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #12
    Important User

    osiris4isis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Farside of the Sun
    Posts
    2,646
    Rep Power
    639

    Default

    @Easy, yes I can see the embedded video from your post.

    @GPSTUGA, it looks like you are using an external proggy outside Primo to check the GPS status. I can't tell the color of the bars, so I'm assuming at least 4 bars are "green" What you need to find out is whether Primo is receiving (and using) the altitude data from GPS receiver. Unfortunately, you won't be able to see GPS information from inside Primo unless it didn't acquired a locked yet.
    Spoiler: GPS information

    This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.

    You can also click on the top middle bar (with two house numbers on the sides of the road icon) to get into the "Where Am I?" screen where it will show Lon,Lat,Alt info. This will tell you whether it's a skin or receiver problem.
    "You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit the views." -DrWho

    Do NOT PM me with requests or for fixes to your problem. Post in thread instead. All communications in English only!

  4. #13
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    EU and Earth
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by osiris4isis View Post
    @Easy, yes I can see the embedded video from your post.

    @GPSTUGA, it looks like you are using an external proggy outside Primo to check the GPS status. I can't tell the color of the bars, so I'm assuming at least 4 bars are "green" What you need to find out is whether Primo is receiving (and using) the altitude data from GPS receiver. Unfortunately, you won't be able to see GPS information from inside Primo unless it didn't acquired a locked yet.
    Spoiler: GPS information

    -= Hidden Content =-

    You can also click on the top middle bar (with two house numbers on the sides of the road icon) to get into the "Where Am I?" screen where it will show Lon,Lat,Alt info. This will tell you whether it's a skin or receiver problem.
    In the GPS status there's two shades of gray, one lighter than the other, the darker has 7 satellites.
    Regarding the top middle bar, I just got a pic and it shows the altitude BUT the proggy, as you say, also shows it.
    The problem here, as explained before, is that the IGO program receives the altitude but doesn't update it and on the GPS status, the Altitude is always changing when I'm driving.

    Spoiler: pic
    20160904 200318675 i OS
    Last edited by Boki_Srb; 5th September 2016 at 12:17. Reason: SPOILERS, please

  5. #14
    Important User

    osiris4isis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Farside of the Sun
    Posts
    2,646
    Rep Power
    639

    Default

    Then this support what I said, it's a skin problem. I have to look at data.zip to see where/how.

    P.S. The external GPS status you're looking at has little to do with your problem (other than GPS receiver working outside proggy) What you want is the GPS info screen inside proggy per my snapshot and the info from "Where Am I?" where it will tell you if it's the skin problem or not.

    Does altitude update correctly when you drive?
    Last edited by osiris4isis; 5th September 2016 at 22:04.
    "You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit the views." -DrWho

    Do NOT PM me with requests or for fixes to your problem. Post in thread instead. All communications in English only!

  6. #15
    Important User

    osiris4isis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Farside of the Sun
    Posts
    2,646
    Rep Power
    639

    Default

    Possible fix
    Spoiler: .

    This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.
    "You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit the views." -DrWho

    Do NOT PM me with requests or for fixes to your problem. Post in thread instead. All communications in English only!

  7. #16
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    EU and Earth
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by osiris4isis View Post
    Possible fix
    Spoiler: .

    -= Hidden Content =-
    I can't find the "GPS info" button, can you pls put here a screen shot or the path to see it?
    I replaced the data.zip by the new one but the program still doesn't update the altitude.
    On the pictures you can see that in the same place there are two altitudes, 64 meters (First ignition on) and 0 (zero) meters (Second ignition on) - The diference is that I turned off and on the ignition. On the WinCE GPS monitor you can see the real altitude.

    Spoiler: pic1
    20160911 113745723 i OS


    Spoiler: pic2
    20160911 113758133 i OS


    Spoiler: pic3
    20160911 113837562 i OS


    Spoiler: pic4
    20160911 114007450 i OS


    Spoiler: pic5
    20160911 114015222 i OS
    Last edited by Boki_Srb; 12th September 2016 at 08:10.

  8. #17
    Important User

    osiris4isis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Farside of the Sun
    Posts
    2,646
    Rep Power
    639

    Default

    There seems to be some confusions. If you look at your snapshots, the altitude is same in the "Where Am I" and proggy Nav screen, that is what the fixed does; so that part works. If you trying to compare what you see outside of proggy with what it showed inside, then they are not the same. I've asked but gotten no answered. Does altitude update correctly when you drive? Ignition on or off is meaningless. Make sure altitude changes as shown outside of proggy and inside proggy (and at the moment don't worry if they are the same or not)
    "You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit the views." -DrWho

    Do NOT PM me with requests or for fixes to your problem. Post in thread instead. All communications in English only!

  9. #18
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    EU and Earth
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by osiris4isis View Post
    There seems to be some confusions. If you look at your snapshots, the altitude is same in the "Where Am I" and proggy Nav screen, that is what the fixed does; so that part works. If you trying to compare what you see outside of proggy with what it showed inside, then they are not the same. I've asked but gotten no answered. Does altitude update correctly when you drive? Ignition on or off is meaningless. Make sure altitude changes as shown outside of proggy and inside proggy (and at the moment don't worry if they are the same or not)
    That's the point!
    The altitude DOESN'T changes when I drive. On the pictures, you can see 64 meters and those pictures where taken almost at sea level (14 meters as per GPS monitor). I live around 1 km from the sea.

  10. #19
    Important User

    osiris4isis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Farside of the Sun
    Posts
    2,646
    Rep Power
    639

    Default

    Then your statement is not correct.
    Spoiler: Explaination

    This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.
    "You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit the views." -DrWho

    Do NOT PM me with requests or for fixes to your problem. Post in thread instead. All communications in English only!

  11. #20
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    EU and Earth
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by osiris4isis View Post
    Then your statement is not correct.
    Spoiler: Explaination

    -= Hidden Content =-
    Again, the altitude on the several pictures changed after I turn on the ignition and never changed. When driving there's no changes on screen altitude.
    Regarding the function "GPS Info" (That I can see after sys.txt changes) nothing happens when I hit it.

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.