Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member +
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Does iGO reconginze any format of latitude-longitude coordinates?

    I have tried to store a location in my phone contact with many different format of latitude-longitude coordinates, but none of them can be recognized by iGo.
    The format I have tried are:
    38.897211, -77.039972
    N38.897211, W77.039972
    38.897211N, 77.039972W
    (38.897211, -77.039972)
    (N38.897211, W77.039972)
    (38.897211N, 77.039972W)

    38.897211, -77.039972
    N38.897211, W77.039972
    38.897211N, 77.039972W
    (38.897211, -77.039972)
    (N38.897211, W77.039972)
    (38.897211N, 77.039972W)

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #2
    Master nenadsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    φ ,λ
    Posts
    247
    Rep Power
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by llaalways View Post
    I have tried to store a location in my phone contact with many different format of latitude-longitude coordinates, but none of them can be recognized by iGo.
    The format I have tried are:
    38.897211, -77.039972
    N38.897211, W77.039972
    38.897211N, 77.039972W
    (38.897211, -77.039972)
    (N38.897211, W77.039972)
    (38.897211N, 77.039972W)

    38.897211, -77.039972
    N38.897211, W77.039972
    38.897211N, 77.039972W
    (38.897211, -77.039972)
    (N38.897211, W77.039972)
    (38.897211N, 77.039972W)
    1. which format for coordinates you choose in iGO?
    More - Settings - Regional -Units and formats - Coordinate Display Format and now you can choose one combination as follow -

    DD MM SS.S
    DD.DDDDD
    DD MM.MMM.

    If coordinates are look like in your example you must set format - DD.DDDDD

  4. #3
    Member +
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    tried, does not work.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    53
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    N38.897211, W77.039972 works fine using DD.DDDDD setting

  6. #5
    IGo Moderator Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Near
    Posts
    436
    Rep Power
    353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by llaalways View Post
    tried, does not work.
    When you say "doesn't work", then try be more concrete, what you tried and what not work, some message, what action you did, etc., only by that way will help other, to help you solve your problem.

    And DD.DDDDD works for sure.
    ﻻاله اﻻ الله محمد رسول الله

  7. #6
    Member +
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Wolf View Post
    When you say "doesn't work", then try be more concrete, what you tried and what not work, some message, what action you did, etc., only by that way will help other, to help you solve your problem.

    And DD.DDDDD works for sure.
    Sorry, I was answering the previous post, but somehow the quote missed.
    I tried to set the format to DD.DDDDD and put the coordinates in my phone contact with the format which I list in first post.
    And then click on the coordinate, iGO pop up and give me information "Address resolution returned no location."

  8. #7
    Master seria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    329
    Rep Power
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by llaalways View Post
    Sorry, I was answering the previous post, but somehow the quote missed.
    I tried to set the format to DD.DDDDD and put the coordinates in my phone contact with the format which I list in first post.
    And then click on the coordinate, iGO pop up and give me information "Address resolution returned no location."

    We have to start at the beginning
    Which version you have of the iGO?

    You may have a problem but is in sys.txt put this [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and follow the steeps...Try again!

    tested with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by seria; 23rd February 2015 at 20:33. Reason: fix link

  9. #8
    IGo Moderator Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Near
    Posts
    436
    Rep Power
    353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by llaalways View Post
    Sorry, I was answering the previous post, but somehow the quote missed.
    I tried to set the format to DD.DDDDD and put the coordinates in my phone contact with the format which I list in first post.
    And then click on the coordinate, iGO pop up and give me information "Address resolution returned no location."
    However, posting "doesn't work", doesn't help anyone to help you, and easier understand you, so desription of problem is important, if you expect help.

    To be able enter your coordinates, you need set on right way, Latitude and Longitude, in your case Latitude - N, Longitude - W, to do that, you need on window "Find Coordinates", on Globe animation, when choose Latitude field, you'll be able on Globe by touch globe choose between N and S, in your case press on N, and when you pres field for entering Longitude values, then on Globe you'll be able choose between W and E, and if you don't choose W, but E, then it will be location in China instead USA, and your coordinates,

    Equator Meridian

    12400 Penelope Court, Fulton, MD 20759, USA

    Suppose you didn't set Latitude and Longitude on right way, and that followed to message "no location".

    So, just set correct Latitude and Longitude for your area, and then go in "Destination\More\Coordinate", and you'll be able enter Coordinates you want.

    And you didnt post basic info like - OS, phone, etc.?

    About using contact's adresses, there is few modified Primo And versions, to be able read contact adresses, browse SW section...
    ﻻاله اﻻ الله محمد رسول الله

  10. #9
    Member +
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Wolf View Post
    However, posting "doesn't work", doesn't help anyone to help you, and easier understand you, so desription of problem is important, if you expect help.

    To be able enter your coordinates, you need set on right way, Latitude and Longitude, in your case Latitude - N, Longitude - W, to do that, you need on window "Find Coordinates", on Globe animation, when choose Latitude field, you'll be able on Globe by touch globe choose between N and S, in your case press on N, and when you pres field for entering Longitude values, then on Globe you'll be able choose between W and E, and if you don't choose W, but E, then it will be location in China instead USA, and your coordinates,

    Equator Meridian

    12400 Penelope Court, Fulton, MD 20759, USA

    Suppose you didn't set Latitude and Longitude on right way, and that followed to message "no location".

    So, just set correct Latitude and Longitude for your area, and then go in "Destination\More\Coordinate", and you'll be able enter Coordinates you want.

    And you didnt post basic info like - OS, phone, etc.?

    About using contact's adresses, there is few modified Primo And versions, to be able read contact adresses, browse SW section...
    Yes, it works when I go in "Destination\More\Coordinate" and input coordinates. What I want is to recognize coordinates in phone contacts by iGO.
    I am use iGO 9.6.22.317625 which is the last version which can access phone contacts on my phone with Android 4.4.2.

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.