Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: ANDROID help

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    france
    Age
    49
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0

    help ANDROID help

    posted this elsewhere but as I'm on android maybe it ought to go here

    I've been trying to get the IGO maps to run on my new car GPS unit..
    SO far downloaded the IGO (Navteq) Europe Maps Update 2014.Q1 2014 06
    created the necessary folders structure on the sd card and put map data etc inside.
    This then gave me a no license error so I downloaded a license file from here and put it in the root next to content and bingo it worked.
    Since I downloaded the license file from here and ran the software again I now have inside the IGO folder I created on my SD card
    content
    debug
    gfx
    license
    save
    ui_android
    ux

    prior to adding the license folder I had only content and it crashed on "no licence".... so I think I'm almost there.
    now it says global_cfg file not found ..
    so I managed to download global_cfg 452411.zip
    OK so unzipped global_cfg 452411 to get a folder called not unsurprisingly global_cfg inside of which is a bunch of stuff( config,content.nng,images,info.ini,version)..
    OK I'm running igo primo on android..just looked and it says version 9.6.29.329069 basarsoft if that helps any. first off is this the correct/latest cfg file for this version?
    I've tried the global_cfg folder both in the root directory where it appears between gfx and licence AND inside the content folder along with the building,map,phoneme,poi folders... both give me unable to find global_cfg file error.. so where should it go? If it's a path problem how the hell do I point to the folder from within a car gps unit.. this isn't on my computer where I could create a path easily. adding the license folder worked first go..
    was I correct in unzipping it? should I have left the file in .zip format?

    can somebody please tell me how/where to put the global_cfg file and in what format (zip not zip what?).. if the one I have is not the correct one for the igo version above can anyone upload the correct one or point me in it's direction please.
    Would it be better to use the Q2 version of the europe maps? I have finally got that too via torrent..
    I think I'm so close to getting this working it's frustrating the hell out of me.
    Last edited by D.I.I.; 12th December 2014 at 12:40.

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #2
    Master Mike Hunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    87

    Default

    global_cfg.zip remains zipped and goes into a folder named global_cfg under content (on the same level as building, car, lang, map, etc.)

  4. #3
    iGO&Becker Moderator

    Korabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Eastern Europe
    Posts
    602
    Rep Power
    752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    posted this elsewhere but as I'm on android maybe it ought to go here

    I've been trying to get the IGO maps to run on my new car GPS unit..
    SO far downloaded the IGO (Navteq) Europe Maps Update 2014.Q1 2014 06
    created the necessary folders structure on the sd card and put map data etc inside.
    This then gave me a no license error so I downloaded a license file from here and put it in the root next to content and bingo it worked.
    Since I downloaded the license file from here and ran the software again I now have inside the IGO folder I created on my SD card
    content
    debug
    gfx
    license
    save
    ui_android
    ux

    prior to adding the license folder I had only content and it crashed on "no licence".... so I think I'm almost there.
    now it says global_cfg file not found ..
    so I managed to download global_cfg 452411.zip
    OK so unzipped global_cfg 452411 to get a folder called not unsurprisingly global_cfg inside of which is a bunch of stuff( config,content.nng,images,info.ini,version)..
    OK I'm running igo primo on android..just looked and it says version 9.6.29.329069 basarsoft if that helps any. first off is this the correct/latest cfg file for this version?
    I've tried the global_cfg folder both in the root directory where it appears between gfx and licence AND inside the content folder along with the building,map,phoneme,poi folders... both give me unable to find global_cfg file error.. so where should it go? If it's a path problem how the hell do I point to the folder from within a car gps unit.. this isn't on my computer where I could create a path easily. adding the license folder worked first go..
    was I correct in unzipping it? should I have left the file in .zip format?

    can somebody please tell me how/where to put the global_cfg file and in what format (zip not zip what?).. if the one I have is not the correct one for the igo version above can anyone upload the correct one or point me in it's direction please.
    Would it be better to use the Q2 version of the europe maps? I have finally got that too via torrent..
    I think I'm so close to getting this working it's frustrating the hell out of me.
    The global_cfg.zip goes into folder global_cfg not unzipp it the correct Path is----Folder iGO\Folder content\Folder global_cfg\global_cfg_zip last version is 452411

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    france
    Age
    49
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    ahh bugger I unzipped it.. OK so looks like that is my problem.. does it matter what version of global config I have with what map version and what IGO version or should that latest one just work? have to wait till tomorrow now.. too late to try it tonight.. I'll be back tomorrow to either say thanks or report the next error message..

  6. #5
    iGO&Becker Moderator

    Korabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Eastern Europe
    Posts
    602
    Rep Power
    752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    ahh bugger I unzipped it.. OK so looks like that is my problem.. does it matter what version of global config I have with what map version and what IGO version or should that latest one just work? have to wait till tomorrow now.. too late to try it tonight.. I'll be back tomorrow to either say thanks or report the next error message..
    you can try it in simulation

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    france
    Age
    49
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    OK so that worked .. now it boots up and gives me

    user interface resolution [800x429] is not supported or compatible skin can not be found - exiting application

    Does this mean my chinese GPS is using some dumb non standard resolution.. says it's 800x480 on the specs.. presumably NOT then or at least the IGO thinks it's not.. so where do I go now folks.

  8. #7
    iGO&Becker Moderator

    Korabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Eastern Europe
    Posts
    602
    Rep Power
    752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    OK so that worked .. now it boots up and gives me

    user interface resolution [800x429] is not supported or compatible skin can not be found - exiting application

    Does this mean my chinese GPS is using some dumb non standard resolution.. says it's 800x480 on the specs.. presumably NOT then or at least the IGO thinks it's not.. so where do I go now folks.
    you can to look in your data.zip open it no unzipping in folder ui_android you have one folder 800_480?

  9. #8
    Important User

    maury22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    ITALY
    Posts
    790
    Rep Power
    195

    Default

    @ GIZMO


    Remember :


    If you make changes to files, use a WinRar version earlier than 4.0 .......

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    france
    Age
    49
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    opening the sd card on my computer it looks like all the folders IGO created after I added the license folder and restarted the app ie. debug, gfx, save , ui_android and ux are all empty.. should there be something in there?

  11. #10
    Important User

    wojpen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    1,224
    Rep Power
    814

    Default

    Gizmo Buddy - Look at this post; - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I wrote him what to do with the files unzipped
    Regards and good luck

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.