Result as follows:
1. Flashed 0x3E version of 14.bin into the zumo as described.
2. Flash operation completed successfully.
3. Zumo indicates "SYSTEM SOFTWARE MISSING".
Please Login or Register to see the links
4. Dumped rgn14 successfully.
5. Compared the dumped version of rgn14 to the flashed version. Both are identical.
6. Edited the two bytes of the original 14.bin to be identical to the pristine fw_all.bin file (except for the FF's at the end).
7. Flashed the resulting 14.bin file into the zumo.
8. The flash completed successfully, but when on USB cable to the PC (or when on wall adapter power), the unit now goes into a continuous reboot every 7 seconds, briefly showing a fully white screen before each reboot. This is the same symptom as when flashing ORIGINAL FW into the unit using GarminCure3 and Updater.exe.
Any other suggestions?