Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default 1490t Traffic files Help

    In a I know I can fit this map in here I don't need a sdcard moment I think I may have deleted the necessary files for the traffic to work.

    I ran webupdater and went though the steps to delete the gtm fm table along with a hard reset.

    Today power cable just stays red and no icon on the screen

    1490t w/ 2013.40 map on sdcard

    Thanks for the Help!

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #2
    Navigation software expert

    lolypop000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    2,925
    Rep Power
    848

    Default

    Go to developer menu and find version of trafficproviders.
    If you have 0 or 65535 then your GTM after update don't work anymore.
    If you wish, you can [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by popotnik View Post
    Go to developer menu and find version of trafficproviders.
    If you have 0 or 65535 then your GTM after update don't work anymore.
    trafficProviders version="2.70" partNumber="006-D1545-00" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.garmin.com/xmlschemas/GarminTrafficProvider/v1 TrafficProvider.xsd" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://www.garmin.com/xmlschemas/GarminTrafficProvider/v1">


    I should also say the traffic icon has been missing for a while now (a couple maps ago) but I did see it for a split second the other day.

    Bringing me here to try and figure out how I messed it up. I have deleted a lot of things on several occasions lol

    I did make some back ups if certain things and recopied them to .system but may not have the right files

    I know I'm missing all the poi stuff, I just added the basemap back (5.01) and the webupdater did add traffic related files but still just redlight on cable and I never see it go yellow or green. Maybe it's bad. Had the unit a few years now...
    Last edited by Snow_blind; 25th April 2013 at 23:13.

  5. #4
    GPSPower Helper


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    302
    Rep Power
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow_blind View Post
    In a I know I can fit this map in here I don't need a sdcard moment I think I may have deleted the necessary files for the traffic to work.

    I ran webupdater and went though the steps to delete the gtm fm table along with a hard reset.

    Today power cable just stays red and no icon on the screen

    1490t w/ 2013.40 map on sdcard

    Thanks for the Help!
    You may have unknowingly upgraded the firmware of your receiver cable. If your cable is the GTM 25 or 35 the new firmware may have blocked the tuning. Check out in this thread if this is the case and the possible solution for it (post 593 and others)

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Nuvi 2689; 3490; Etrex 30; Oregon 200 (from Approach S5)

  6. #5
    Navigation software expert

    lolypop000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    2,925
    Rep Power
    848

    Default

    Developer menu you can see in post #595 on link that Angelo provide, in your post you write data from trafficprovider.xml
    If you wish, you can [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by popotnik View Post
    Developer menu you can see in post #595 on link that Angelo provide, in your post you write data from trafficprovider.xml
    lol I didn't think I was posting you the info your were asking me about but I just didn't find anything in the developer menu but thats because my charts were blank nearly identical to post #595 although I'm using a 1490 so mine were a little different but still basically blank except for my bottom of chart one say version 2.70 just like the chart pictured.

    So after trying the solution above I'm getting the traffic receiver status to populate and getting a "connect" that goes to "connection error" and keeps repeating as if it's trying to sync up ???

    One more idea ?? I think I'm getting close to getting this unit back on track

    I do notice the gtm-25 cord light just stays red, I haven't seen it change color...yet


    Edit: Appears to be working now may have just took a little longer than expected after the firmware rollback of above, could also have been a bad connection of the cable at the unit....



    Thanks!
    Last edited by Snow_blind; 26th April 2013 at 21:11.

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.