Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0

    Angry Garmin Nuvi 1340 Text Problem!

    i have garmin nuvi 1340.by mistake i deleted all files from my gps.i have cured using GarminCure3.all good but I do not have camera alert (dangerous zone) in my language!I live in France.is only in English.how to make to have again (dangerous zone) on my language!?My language is Romanian. sorry for my bad english;

    nuvi 1340

    fw v5.80

    Maps: CN Europe NT 2012.30
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (53.8 KB, 16 views)
    Last edited by iepurasu_poznas; 26th January 2012 at 23:45.

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #2
    Navigation software expert

    lolypop000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    2,925
    Rep Power
    849

    Default

    Run webupdater and install all.

    Here is RO text

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by lolypop000; 27th January 2012 at 00:22.

  4. #3
    Garmin/GPS Systems GMod.

    Neil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oz.
    Posts
    7,401
    Rep Power
    1434

    Default

    I know this isn't what you asked for, and lolypop000 has already well answered your question. But if you also want the voice prompt "Warning! Dangerous Zone" or even "Best You Slow Down, Stupid or be Photographed!" in Romanian, and you can access the basic files before they were compiled into the *.gpi; that is the *.bmp & *.csv/gpx (and *mp3/.wav files if present), then you can use an audio editor to make your own custom voice alert mp3/wav file or maybe you can download one in Romanian from somewhere. Then recompile back to gpi file. Not sure if your 1340 uses mp3 or more likely it uses wav. If it's using wav you need sox.exe when recompiling.
    There is an excellent Tutorial by catymag here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    PS: Nothing wrong with your English....way better than my Romanian .
    PPS: Anyway, isn't this sort of stuff illegal in France now? Or is it only for specific speed camera warnings & not "dangerous zones"?

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolypop000 View Post
    Run webupdater and install all.

    Here is RO text

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Thank you.it works like a charm.
    YOU can learn me how to download text for all language because none works!?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by iepurasu_poznas; 27th January 2012 at 18:30.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Kennedy View Post
    I know this isn't what you asked for, and lolypop000 has already well answered your question. But if you also want the voice prompt "Warning! Dangerous Zone" or even "Best You Slow Down, Stupid or be Photographed!" in Romanian, and you can access the basic files before they were compiled into the *.gpi; that is the *.bmp & *.csv/gpx (and *mp3/.wav files if present), then you can use an audio editor to make your own custom voice alert mp3/wav file or maybe you can download one in Romanian from somewhere. Then recompile back to gpi file. Not sure if your 1340 uses mp3 or more likely it uses wav. If it's using wav you need sox.exe when recompiling.
    There is an excellent Tutorial by catymag here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    PS: Nothing wrong with your English....way better than my Romanian .
    PPS: Anyway, isn't this sort of stuff illegal in France now? Or is it only for specific speed camera warnings & not "dangerous zones"?
    Thanks for advice.
    speed camera warnings is not allowed in France

    "dangerous zones" is allowed in France
    Last edited by iepurasu_poznas; 27th January 2012 at 19:02.

  7. #6
    Navigation software expert

    lolypop000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    2,925
    Rep Power
    849

    Default

    @iepurasu_poznas

    I send you text from my nuvi 1300

    Here is link for text for nuvi 13xx and 14xx.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    on this page click with right button on mous on white background and click on source code of page and you will see this link.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    copy paste and you can download.

    Then use rgn tool to extract pk_text.zip

    Then you unrar and you have all language.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    @lolypop000

    i have tried but not working.I think there are more missing files or old files!

    Please,can you upload the entire text foder to multiupload from your garmin unit !?

    thanks for help me

  9. #8
    GPSPower Helper

    dasilvarsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    1,160
    Rep Power
    351

    Default

    Maybe you need .System/remoteSW and .System/extData files (some are used for translation)

    Have you tried doing a Dashboard Update or Downloading Everything that Webupdater offers exept voices.
    I'm sorry but I cannot upload at the moment. (Sitting behind a Firewall).

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dasilvarsa View Post
    Maybe you need .System/remoteSW and .System/extData files (some are used for translation)

    Have you tried doing a Dashboard Update or Downloading Everything that Webupdater offers exept voices.
    I'm sorry but I cannot upload at the moment. (Sitting behind a Firewall).
    i have tried but stil nothing.

  11. #10
    Navigation software expert

    lolypop000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    2,925
    Rep Power
    849

    Default

    I will upload.
    Its 45.5Mb will take about 15min.
    Last edited by lolypop000; 27th January 2012 at 21:44.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.