Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 578
  1. #81
    Navigation software Moderator

    kunix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    1,038
    Rep Power
    601

    Default

    As Alexander2010 says, a Power Cable is one having a 12KOhm resistor connecting the GND and the ID pins. So maybe your problem is due to some current leak either in the cable or in the nuvi. Then try using other cables and/or cleaning both USB connectors. If it still doesn't help then I can try to make a firmware patcher that forces entering the flash drive mode when a Power Cable is connected. However, this wouldn't be comfortable in everyday use.
    Last edited by kunix; 7th April 2012 at 14:35.

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #82
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    colombia
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Well, iīve already tested with 4 different cables and in every port in my PC, with the same result. As said it works fine after cure FW but not after original FW is flashed.

    Any help is trully apreciated.

    thanks again.

  4. #83
    Navigation software expert

    lolypop000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    2,925
    Rep Power
    849

    Default

    If you have external card reader,then use this cable to connect your nuvi to PC.
    If you have in hidden menu 1A than you have wrong cable,becouse when connect pin 4 and pin 5 with resistor i have 1A.And nuvi wont connect with pc.
    So you must use cable from external card reader or if you have some portable MP3 player this cable also work.
    Try also connect to different usb hub on your pc.
    Last edited by lolypop000; 7th April 2012 at 22:44.

  5. #84
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    colombia
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolypop000 View Post
    If you have external card reader,then use this cable to connect your nuvi to PC.
    If you have in hidden menu 1A than you have wrong cable,becouse when connect pin 4 and pin 5 with resistor i have 1A.And nuvi wont connect with pc.
    So you must use cable from external card reader or if you have some portable MP3 player this cable also work.
    Try also connect to different usb hub on your pc.
    Thanks for the tip, but i even have an original Garmin cable, and nothing i still canīt see my nuvi after flashing original FW.

  6. #85
    ☼ADMIN☼
    catymag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    light side
    Posts
    23,612
    Rep Power
    5321

    Default

    Check your nuvi pins, may be you damaged one of them, flashing and reflashing .

    damaged pin in a 1200:

    0rduO
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    You have to navigate to get to the good.
    Nuvi1250/Nuvi 34xx/Nuvi 2200/Nuvi 66/Oregon 600/Galaxy S5 MM 6.0.1/TomTom GO/iGO Nextgen Avic,Basar,Isr.Gift/Navigon
    Please don't flood my pm box with questions you can post on forum!! You won't hear back from me.

  7. #86
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    colombia
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catymag View Post
    Check your nuvi pins, may be you damaged one of them, flashing and reflashing .

    damaged pin in a 1200:


    I donīt think this is the problem. I took a look at my pins, they look fine.

  8. #87
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    colombia
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion-4x4 View Post
    I donīt think this is the problem. I took a look at my pins, they look fine.
    Iīll post a pic as soon as i can.

  9. #88
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    colombia
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion-4x4 View Post
    Thanks for the tip, but i even have an original Garmin cable, and nothing i still canīt see my nuvi after flashing original FW.
    I even tried 2 laptops, one netbook and a couple of PCs.

  10. #89
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    colombia
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion-4x4 View Post
    Iīll post a pic as soon as i can.
    Here is the pic. What do you think?

    x6zhk

  11. #90
    Navigation software expert

    lolypop000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    2,925
    Rep Power
    849

    Default

    @kunix

    In what NVM region is usb,in region 41?
    If it in some other region i can send him nvm backup,or if i send him region 5 and 14 maybe then will problem disapere?

 

 
Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.