Try flash with this rgn
Hwid is ok
You have to navigate to get to the good.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Password for my files: gpspower.net
Please don't flood my pm box with questions you can post on forum!! You won't hear back from me.
Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600
Thank you, but it hasn't worked.
I dragged the rgn file to the updater.exe and connected the Zumo. It has not appear in the USB field.
Any other way?
The USB drives are installed!
I do not know how to enter in Pre Boot in Zumos 660.
1) Execute (admin mode needed) GarminCure3 with previously downloaded Zumo firmware version 4.80 in my case as input file.
2) From within GarminCure3 select Cure and Make firmware button. New folder for your firmware will be created in same directory as GarminCure3.exe.
3) Click on Updater.exe button in Cure3 window.
4) New Updater window will apear where you will need to selct Connection Setting as usb. The USB pull down menu will be blank.
5) Turning to Zumo you will need to put it in pre-boot mode.
6) Remove battery cover and make sure Zumo is powered off.
7) Hold your finger on bottom left part of LCD screen and keep holding.
8) Connect the usb pc cable and hold power button down as Zumo boots up while still holding finger on LCD screen.
9) You only have a few seconds to react but as soon as you see your Zumo ID appear in puldown menu of updater, release finger from LCD screen, and
OK updater menu.
10)When you see the new progress bar appear, release your finger from power button. Your Zumo will be flashed with Cure3 firmware, which does not contain map loader.
12) Cure firmware will allow you to go into mass storage mode, which is where I deleted my corrupt gmapsupp.img file.
13) Pull usb cable out of pc and shutdown zumo.
14) Execute GarminCure3 once again with the same input file (firmware version 4.80 in my case) but this time select Original and click Make firmware.
15) Once you see rgn file in text box, click Updater.exe and follow exactly the same steps as above to flash to original firmware.
If all the steps are done, you should have a working Zumo again, and as for me, I am going to bed happy my Zumo is working once again.
Thank you all.
Credits to Polanski (On Another Forum)
Code:Please Login or Register to see the links
Last edited by dasilvarsa; 8th January 2014 at 04:58 PM.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Sorry DaSilva, but it didn't work.
When I connect the GPS it sounds a bip, like the computer was founding the Zumo, but the id never show up at the field.
After some seconds a small point apear as we would calibrate the display.
I'm very scared that the Zumo will not awake anymore!!
When you Hold your finger on lower bottom left part of LCD screen and when you connect zumo to Pc you must still hold screen and quick press and hold power button
When you see in updater window that your unit is recognized release finger from power button but still hold screen and click on OK button in updater.
You can also try this.
Connect unit to Pc and when you see logo quick press finger on lower left corner of screen and press power button with other hand.
If you have some older FW on your unit you can also try with this:
- Open battery cover
- add some small magnet beside usb hole on your unit ( this will simulate closed battery door ) Yo can use small magnet for sticker on the fridge
- now folow tutorial from dasilvarsa