Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    Age
    46
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Default nuvi 1310 - does not start up, frozen Garmin symbol on screen

    After switching on the garmin symbol shows, but it does not indicate that it is loading anything.
    Normally there is some information showing below the garmin logo.
    When connecting to PC nuvi is also not recognized.
    Push and hold the power button does not help either.
    Holding the right bottom of screen when switching on does not work.


    Earlier this week the unit switched off every 20 minutes and rebooted.

    Is there any other way to reset and start the nuvi?
    Any recommendations are appreciated - thanks in advance
    Last edited by Rihana1; 3rd January 2012 at 15:49.

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #2
    ☼ADMIN☼
    catymag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    light side
    Posts
    23,555
    Rep Power
    5308

    Default

    You must get preboot mode and load a cure into your nuvi.
    Try and let us know if it works.
    It depends on what happened to your nuvi before this booting loop
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    (in 13xx plug it USB to your pc before holding On and upper left side corner)
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    You have to navigate to get to the good.
    Nuvi1250/Nuvi 34xx/Nuvi 2200/Nuvi 66/Oregon 600/Galaxy S5 MM 6.0.1/TomTom GO/iGO Nextgen Avic,Basar,Isr.Gift/Navigon
    Please don't flood my pm box with questions you can post on forum!! You won't hear back from me.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    Age
    46
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thanks, unfortunately I cannot get into pree-boot mode.
    I did the following:
    1. Power OFF your Nuvi. / 2. Press and keep holding the most left upper corner of the LCD screen / 3. Power ON your Nuvi but DON NOT release your finger either from Power button nor from LCD screen (keep both pressed until the procedure ends) / 4. You will notice Nuvi boots in Pre-Boot mode. Now quickly connect your USB cable.

    The PC recognizes the device for about 4 seconds and than not anymore.
    The screen on the nuvi does not change at all, still the Garmin logo but nothing else.

  5. #4
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sofia
    Age
    31
    Posts
    919
    Rep Power
    213

    Default

    What about updater.exe? Do updater.exe recognises the nuvi?

  6. #5
    Important User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rihana1 View Post
    Thanks, unfortunately I cannot get into pree-boot mode.
    I did the following:
    1. Power OFF your Nuvi. / 2. Press and keep holding the most left upper corner of the LCD screen / 3. Power ON your Nuvi but DON NOT release your finger either from Power button nor from LCD screen (keep both pressed until the procedure ends) / 4. You will notice Nuvi boots in Pre-Boot mode. Now quickly connect your USB cable.

    The PC recognizes the device for about 4 seconds and than not anymore.
    The screen on the nuvi does not change at all, still the Garmin logo but nothing else.
    Try little bit different way -
    1. Power OFF your Nuvi and disconnect USB cable from PC.
    2. Press and keep holding the most left upper corner of the LCD screen.
    3. Power ON your Nuvi but DON NOT release your finger either from Power button nor from LCD screen (keep both pressed until the procedure ends)
    4. Now quickly connect your USB cable
    5. You will notice Nuvi boots in Pre-Boot mode.

  7. #6
    Important User

    aekhong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    1,216
    Rep Power
    449

    Default

    If you didn't see Nuvi's screen show pre-boot then you can try to connect with updater.exe at first step.
    Power on - Press finger then notice updater.exe not Nuvi.

    Example :: Montana won't show "System" on screen just notice updater.exe
    GPS Lover.
    974c07a6a129e2e0917a011314c2c0bd

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    Age
    46
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voyager56 View Post
    Try little bit different way -
    1. Power OFF your Nuvi and disconnect USB cable from PC.
    2. Press and keep holding the most left upper corner of the LCD screen.
    3. Power ON your Nuvi but DON NOT release your finger either from Power button nor from LCD screen (keep both pressed until the procedure ends)
    4. Now quickly connect your USB cable
    5. You will notice Nuvi boots in Pre-Boot mode.
    Did try this, pressed LCD and power button for 5 minutes, no procedure starts (at least not visible). After 5 minutes connected USB cable but PC did not recognize nuvi.
    Any other suggestion?

  9. #8
    Important User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rihana1 View Post
    Did try this, pressed LCD and power button for 5 minutes, no procedure starts (at least not visible). After 5 minutes connected USB cable but PC did not recognize nuvi.
    Any other suggestion?
    When you power on Nuvi (holding finger on upper left LCD corner) quickly connect USB cable to PC. Almost instantly you'll see preboot mode.
    As said aekhong updater.exe must be already executed.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    Age
    46
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aekhong View Post
    If you didn't see Nuvi's screen show pre-boot then you can try to connect with updater.exe at first step.
    Power on - Press finger then notice updater.exe not Nuvi.

    Example :: Montana won't show "System" on screen just notice updater.exe


    Downloaded updater.exe file from link given in thread Thread: How to make a service (cure) firmware for your Garmin unit.
    If I try to run the exe I get the message "No update files could be found"

  11. #10
    Navigation software expert

    lolypop000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    2,925
    Rep Power
    848

    Default

    You must have cure.rgn and updater.exe in the same folder.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.