Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Baltimore
    Age
    36
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Someone told me create a map folder in root directory, then copy and rename the unlocked map in it with XX.img (not the name gmapsupp.img). After that, update the device with webupdater. It works! Thank you all very much.

    By the way, before that, gmapsupp.img in system folder worked well. But now, only the map folder works. Does anyone know why for my problem? And why the new "map" folder works?

    Special thinks to lolypop000 and catymag: Thank you very much for your kind helps.

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Baltimore
    Age
    36
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    My posts were limited so I can't send PM to everyone. Sorry for that and thank you for all who helped me.

  4. #23
    Navigation software expert

    lolypop000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    2,925
    Rep Power
    848

    Default

    In system folder rename map to gmapprom.img and map will work.
    On my nuvi 1300 gmapsupp.img also wont work.

  5. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Baltimore
    Age
    36
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Yes, gmapprom.img works! But it still can not explain why gmapsupp.img worked before.

  6. #25
    ☼ADMIN☼
    catymag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    light side
    Posts
    23,572
    Rep Power
    5312

    Default

    probably it was in Garmin folder, but it supports just one gmapsupp.img in it in 1xxx and new series
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    You have to navigate to get to the good.
    Nuvi1250/Nuvi 34xx/Nuvi 2200/Nuvi 66/Oregon 600/Galaxy S5 MM 6.0.1/TomTom GO/iGO Nextgen Avic,Basar,Isr.Gift/Navigon
    Please don't flood my pm box with questions you can post on forum!! You won't hear back from me.

  7. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Baltimore
    Age
    36
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    anyway, it works. Hope my experience useful for others. Thank you again.

  8. #27
    Senior Member rik70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    gmapprom1.img also works..
    Last edited by rik70; 3rd December 2011 at 16:18.

  9. #28
    Member +
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chennai
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    HI Robin how did u cure it. I also got the same problem. In the xml file it shows nuvi 13xx. I was actually unlocking the updated map from the garmin site, after unlocking. It said map unlocked successfully, and when I disconnected and started the device I got some new displays on my nuvi 1300. And following were the changes 1300 to 13xx, my navigation window was changed, before I normally used to have all the time to destination, speed, time and direction touch screens on right. (and immediately after the disconnection it changed to bottom - as shown in the garmin site).

    Before unlocking I had the "North America gmap" folder inside my map folder of my SD card. And with this card inside my device I connected it on to my PC and unlocked the map. It said successful but nothing happened to my map. And at the start It asked which locality (US, Britain, and many more) and after that I got msg for my Xplorer maps (which I did not get it before).[I would also like to know whether the above has something to do with any updates in the webupdater - coz I was also updating some things]

    ANd now I have no clue of how all the above happened. I reverted back to my previous INdia map inside my garmin folder and other maps inside the map folder (All in my SD card). And now my device is working normal as before but still has 13xx.

    Thnks in adv

  10. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Russian Federation
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi. I have the same problem with Nuvi 1310. Now it became to show the incorrect name Nuvi 13xx.
    Does anybody knows how to return the correct name Nuvi 1310 to it?
    Last edited by pergunt; 26th March 2012 at 13:01.

  11. #30
    ☼ADMIN☼
    catymag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    light side
    Posts
    23,572
    Rep Power
    5312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pergunt View Post
    Hi. I have the same problem with Nuvi 1310. Now it became to show the incorrect name Nuvi 13xx.
    Does anybody knows how to return the correct name Nuvi 1310 to it?
    ---- read post 14
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    You have to navigate to get to the good.
    Nuvi1250/Nuvi 34xx/Nuvi 2200/Nuvi 66/Oregon 600/Galaxy S5 MM 6.0.1/TomTom GO/iGO Nextgen Avic,Basar,Isr.Gift/Navigon
    Please don't flood my pm box with questions you can post on forum!! You won't hear back from me.

 

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.