Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 235
  1. #81
    Navigation software expert Kanopus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    481
    Rep Power
    249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voyager56 View Post
    Each time Nuvi power ups each time it asks for region, language, EULA. I think it can't write settings in NVRAM.
    No, you simply lost first fix too. You need to drive a bit with your nuvi, till you find "ifix" date in GarminDevice.xlm. Then you will be able to configure it.
    Thanks, Kanopus

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #82
    Important User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanopus View Post
    No, you simply lost first fix too. You need to drive a bit with your nuvi, till you find "ifix" date in GarminDevice.xlm. Then you will be able to configure it.
    OK I will. But most important for me it's 34xx problem. How to fix this issue?

  4. #83
    Navigation software expert turboccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    377
    Rep Power
    123

    Default

    Legitimate question, but since everybody seemed to know already I did not think it was required...

    Command format: ergn,<rgn #>

    That looks like erase region, and a region number. This string can be found in boot.bin. Make a search for this unicode string.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  5. #84
    Important User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turboccc View Post
    Legitimate question, but since everybody seemed to know already I did not think it was required...
    Command format: ergn,<rgn #>
    That looks like erase region, and a region number. This string can be found in boot.bin. Make a search for this unicode string.
    I know this command, but what will be with UnitID and HWID?

  6. #85
    Navigation software expert turboccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    377
    Rep Power
    123

    Default

    I would guess that HWID will be the one from the FW.
    I would guess that the UnitID will be the one from region 34.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  7. #86
    Important User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turboccc View Post
    I would guess that HWID will be the one from the FW.
    I would guess that the UnitID will be the one from region 34.
    I did it (ergn,34) ant got UnitID as before, but still remains 34xx.
    Last edited by voyager56; 24th November 2011 at 07:12.

  8. #87
    Navigation software expert turboccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    377
    Rep Power
    123

    Default

    I thought the goal was to erase region 41, not 34. Erasing 34 will keep the same UnitID as it will be coming from region 41.

    I would suggest to do those 3 commands at the same time:

    write region 34 with offset 0x10-0x1f with FF, keep UnitID intact.
    erase region 41
    reboot

    That should wipe clean your NVM and preserve your UnitID.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  9. #88
    Important User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turboccc View Post
    I thought the goal was to erase region 41, not 34. Erasing 34 will keep the same UnitID as it will be coming from region 41.

    I would suggest to do those 3 commands at the same time:

    write region 34 with offset 0x10-0x1f with FF, keep UnitID intact.
    erase region 41
    reboot

    That should wipe clean your NVM and preserve your UnitID.
    Yes,you are right. I erased region 41 and flashed modified region 34.
    By mistake in my previous post I typed 34 instead of 41.

    EDIT:
    I did this :write region 34 with offset 0x10-0x1f with FF, keep UnitID intact. erase region 41. reboot

    Still the same. Unitid OK . Unit remains 34xx.
    Last edited by voyager56; 23rd November 2011 at 21:31.

  10. #89
    Navigation software expert turboccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    377
    Rep Power
    123

    Default

    On my 3750, regions 45, 76, 139 to 143 are filled with FF only. Maybe try an erase on them? Make backups first!

    Careful! We are in uncharted territory here.

    Edit: region 76 seems to be empty on 3450 (0 byte in size).
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  11. #90
    Navigation software expert Kanopus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    481
    Rep Power
    249

    Default

    What size is region 76? On my nuvi i get error when trying to read 76.
    Thanks, Kanopus

 

 
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.