Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 79
  1. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi, tried flashing my 1450 with a cure FW (wrong GCUPDATE.gcd file inserted), the unit won't start on pre-boot, just reboots all over again in loading software. Tried updater.exe and finally caught the unit to flash the cure FW (backup of the original GCUPDATE.gcd + hex edited) then successfully booted now, after which, I flashed again the modified FW (US+PH FW) and not returning ang GCUPDATE back to the .System folder of GPS. After all, I've noticed something different. No GPS version on settings - about, no predictive text, and other stuff. Tried testing it outdoors, no satellite lock. After hours of turned off GPS, tried testing it again without changing anything, surprised it worked (satellite lock)

    Did I do something wrong? I was thinking I messed up the GPS system?

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #52
    Important User

    aekhong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    1,216
    Rep Power
    449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gpsnoob View Post
    Hi, tried flashing my 1450 with a cure FW (wrong GCUPDATE.gcd file inserted), the unit won't start on pre-boot, just reboots all over again in loading software. Tried updater.exe and finally caught the unit to flash the cure FW (backup of the original GCUPDATE.gcd + hex edited) then successfully booted now, after which, I flashed again the modified FW (US+PH FW) and not returning ang GCUPDATE back to the .System folder of GPS. After all, I've noticed something different. No GPS version on settings - about, no predictive text, and other stuff. Tried testing it outdoors, no satellite lock. After hours of turned off GPS, tried testing it again without changing anything, surprised it worked (satellite lock)

    Did I do something wrong? I was thinking I messed up the GPS system?
    If you can see Ph JCV so it means nothing wrong.
    Satellite lock may take a lot time for first fixation but you can set location at the position you are standing and Nuvi will take a little time to fix..
    GPS Lover.
    974c07a6a129e2e0917a011314c2c0bd

  4. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aekhong View Post
    If you can see Ph JCV so it means nothing wrong.
    Satellite lock may take a lot time for first fixation but you can set location at the position you are standing and Nuvi will take a little time to fix..
    Oh.. I see. Good to hear nothings wrong with my unit. Thanks for the reply

  5. #54
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi,

    I have a nuvi 1250 and 1350 which is unable to enter into usb mode. When i plug in the usb connection the progress bar show about 1cm then it continues to load to the normal gps mode.
    So far the only way i am enter the usb mode is to touch on the left top corner of the screen and connect the usb cable until it enters the usb mode. Anyone have ideas?

  6. #55
    ☼ADMIN☼
    catymag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    light side
    Posts
    23,556
    Rep Power
    5309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by victormicheal2112 View Post
    Hi,

    I have a nuvi 1250 and 1350 which is unable to enter into usb mode. When i plug in the usb connection the progress bar show about 1cm then it continues to load to the normal gps mode.
    So far the only way i am enter the usb mode is to touch on the left top corner of the screen and connect the usb cable until it enters the usb mode. Anyone have ideas?
    Try entering diagnostic menu [ battery symbol - on the main screen (hold 6 seconds)]
    plug it USB and check updater
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    You have to navigate to get to the good.
    Nuvi1250/Nuvi 34xx/Nuvi 2200/Nuvi 66/Oregon 600/Galaxy S5 MM 6.0.1/TomTom GO/iGO Nextgen Avic,Basar,Isr.Gift/Navigon
    Please don't flood my pm box with questions you can post on forum!! You won't hear back from me.

  7. #56
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Howdy All,

    Formatted my nuvi 1250 with NTFS, Hardware ID: 971, Unit ID: 3636440540 (from G7toWin). I've tried creating a few cure files and uploading them using updater with no success, updater tells me the update is successful however the device just reboots and then sits at the first garmin screen.

    If anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be awesome. (hopefully not garmin tech support) :P, I think i'm just following the steps wrong.

    Cheers,

  8. #57
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sofia
    Age
    31
    Posts
    919
    Rep Power
    213

    Default

    @ crazybobzy

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  9. #58
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thank you so much :D my 2460 is working like new now!!!

  10. #59
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    This is great, but... Mine will not go into Pre-boot mode.. It goes through the "Rights" splash and then hangs in the "Loading Maps." splash. I have tried the procedures above in many variations and holding different corners. It seems like it is not getting to the logic that allows you to get into pre-boot. Hmmm.. Any thoughts? Thanks for everything.

  11. #60
    ☼ADMIN☼
    catymag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    light side
    Posts
    23,556
    Rep Power
    5309

    Default

    Which nuvi ? Try to get preboot mode with USB cable plugged in your pc, when it begin to start, hold On button and finger on screen over "G"
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    You have to navigate to get to the good.
    Nuvi1250/Nuvi 34xx/Nuvi 2200/Nuvi 66/Oregon 600/Galaxy S5 MM 6.0.1/TomTom GO/iGO Nextgen Avic,Basar,Isr.Gift/Navigon
    Please don't flood my pm box with questions you can post on forum!! You won't hear back from me.

 

 
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.