Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 109
  1. #81
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    indianaplis
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    OK I have tried both versions of the 2.35 install and I still get the upside down screen on my nexus 6. Should the entire folder be deleted after uninstall to clear all settings as I haven't done that yet?

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #82
    Moderator

    flagmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Ca
    Posts
    609
    Rep Power
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harry2110 View Post
    OK I have tried both versions of the 2.35 install and I still get the upside down screen on my nexus 6. Should the entire folder be deleted after uninstall to clear all settings as I haven't done that yet?
    The version in this thread is only for old Android 5.0. If your system is newer or older use [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] or [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] If no version work as desired, provide a screenshot with the problem.

    The rotation is hard coded in the executable and clearing settings is irrelevant.
    Last edited by flagmax; 6th August 2015 at 14:31.

  4. #83
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hello , Nexus 7 2012 version here.

    1) Extracted the Garmin folder in SD.
    2) I patched the 2.37 to /storage/emulated/0/Garmin/ and installed the resulting .apk
    3) Copied a map (renamed as gmapsupp.img) in /Garmin/Map/.

    The first time i run it , i saw a Garmin logo and then dissapeared.

    From then whenever i run it i only have a 'Streetpilot is running' in taskbar , but check i touch it , nothing happens (like crashing).

    Tried many unlocked maps , can't make it work.
    Last edited by LakisF; 21st September 2015 at 00:41.

  5. #84
    Moderator

    flagmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Ca
    Posts
    609
    Rep Power
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LakisF View Post
    Hello , Nexus 7 2012 version here.

    1) Extracted the Garmin folder in SD.
    2) I patched the 2.37 to /storage/emulated/0/Garmin/ and installed the resulting .apk
    3) Copied a map (renamed as gmapsupp.img) in /Garmin/Map/.

    The first time i run it , i saw a Garmin logo and then dissapeared.

    From then whenever i run it i only have a 'Streetpilot is running' in taskbar , but check i touch it , nothing happens (like crashing).

    Tried many unlocked maps , can't make it work.
    It sounds like your device hardware (GPU) is not compatible with Streetpilot and you get "black" screen. As far as I know, there is no fix

  6. #85
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Triangle Garm.

    Thank you flagmax,
    i don't get blank screen.
    The app just runs and then returns to the android desktop screen leaving the blue triangle garmin icon in the "taskbar" , but when i click on it nothing happens.

    Anyone with Nexus 7 here?
    Last edited by LakisF; 21st September 2015 at 06:01.

  7. #86
    Moderator

    flagmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Ca
    Posts
    609
    Rep Power
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LakisF View Post
    Thank you flagmax,
    i don't get blank screen.
    The app just runs and then returns to the android desktop screen leaving the blue triangle garmin icon in the "taskbar" , but when i click on it nothing happens.

    Anyone with Nexus 7 here?
    Thats a first one for me. I suggest getting a logcat from the device to see if it's loading all the Streetpilot libraries on Start and maybe we can get a better idea what's it doing.

  8. #87
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hello,
    I use the Huawei G8 with Android Lollypop 5.1.
    I patched the APK for use on "Storage\SDcard1\Android\Data\Com.garmin.android.apps.gmobilext"
    In that location there is a directory "files".
    In that files directory I coppied the Garmin directory with the needed languages and voices.
    After installation, and when I start Streetpilot, It starts OK but I can not change any language or voice, and I have no map.
    Gmapprom.img for Europe is in the system directory.

    Like this it works fine on my tablet (Galaxy Tab3 - 7 inch).

    What went wrong here ? Did I have to follow a different procedure to install it ?
    Last edited by octonet; 20th December 2015 at 20:16.

  9. #88
    Moderator

    flagmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Ca
    Posts
    609
    Rep Power
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by octonet View Post
    Hello,
    I use the Huawei G8 with Android Lollypop 5.1.
    I patched the APK for use on "Storage\SDcard1\Android\Data\Com.garmin.android.apps.gmobilext"
    In that location there is a directory "files".
    In that files directory I coppied the Garmin directory with the needed languages and voices.
    After installation, and when I start Streetpilot, It starts OK but I can not change any language or voice, and I have no map.

    Gmapprom.img for Europe is in the system directory.

    Like this it works fine on my tablet (Galaxy Tab3 - 7 inch).

    What went wrong here ? Did I have to follow a different procedure to install it ?
    Maybe the path is wrong or misspelled? You will find another "Garmin" folder somewhere else on your device Streetpilot created and is currently using. Also reboot your device after installing.

    For maps, just make "Map" folder in Garmin folder and put all maps there. (../Garmin/Map/Europe.img)
    Last edited by flagmax; 20th December 2015 at 20:42.

  10. #89
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hi Flagmax,
    Many thanks for the usefull tip.
    After a cold boot of the Phone, everything works fine.
    Thanks a lot.

  11. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    at Home
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Warning: Don't upgrade to Android 6 (Marshmallow)
    If you upgrade to Android 6 your Garmin SP will stop working and no solution is available by December 2015
    Turn off your Automatic upgrade under Settings/About/SystemUpdate

 

 
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.