After some tests i have found what causes this problem, after installing new map always go to Settings, Apps and clear data from Garmin application and that's it, start application and choose language...
Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Installed on unrooted Fire phone with latest FireOS 3.6.8 and worked. Installation require slight tweaking. For some reason I could not see "Garmin/.system" from my pc even though I have my computer folder option to unhide everything. Here is what I did to get the gmapbmap.img and gmapprom.img to the Fire phone using adb.
1. copy StreetPilot_2.35pi_5.0_storage_sdcard0_signed.apk to Fire phone and install.
2. copy file *.img to the phone to "Internal storage/Garmin"
3. run adb shell and move *.img file from step 2 to /storage/sdcard0/Garmin/.system/
Note: you can also use the push command but I was having problem with pushing gmapprom.img to the phone.
Also, I don't think this should matter but I have installed google play on my fire phone which you can find info on it by googling it.
Was able to successfully install this version on my Nexus 5 versions 5.0.1 and it works just fine using the English language but after switching the Text Language to Arabic. All Menus showed in Arabic O.K but arabic street names or map labels showed up backwards and the characters are separated from each other add to that the search function using the arabic characters doesn't work. I hope someone here can direct me how to fix this.
Here is what I have tried so far:
* Checked the Arabic Translation files located in "Internal storage/Garmin/Text/ar_AE*.glx" and all seems correct "codepage="utf-8" direction="1" display_name="العربية" language="ar_AE""
* Checked the codepage for the installed garmin map and it seems O.K too. the value was codepage=1256 ... Same map is working fine in Garmin Viago and in my Nuvi!.
We discussed this in another thread but frankly I don't remember if the user found a solution.
But see [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Ext - Ext Data folder - stores 006-D0952-01.bin, 006-D0952-02.bin, 006-D0952-03.bin, 006-D0952-04.bin, 006-D0952-05.bin, 006-D0952-06.bin, 006-D0952-07.bin, 006-D0952-08.bin, 006-D0952-09.bin, 006-D0952-10.bin files which contains special font for not alphabet languages likes Herbew, Thai, Arabic, Vietnamese.
Thanks for the help Catymag. I forgot to say in my previous post that I already tried xoring a different arabic unicode truetype font in a hope it could solve the issue but that didn't fix it either. Is it possible the cause is the theme that is used which is Navigon.kmtf?