Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 211
  1. #101
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    @flagmax
    Thank you for building the adjusted apk file for me.
    SP now works in landscape mode.
    However, the display in portrait mode is, now, inverted.

    Then, taking your advice, I installed SP2.35
    Alas, the display problem is the same as in SP2.33

    I'll continue using SP2.35 until a solution is found.
    Thanks again

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #102
    Moderator

    flagmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Ca
    Posts
    609
    Rep Power
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pattersn View Post
    @flagmax
    Thank you for building the adjusted apk file for me.
    SP now works in landscape mode.
    However, the display in portrait mode is, now, inverted.

    Then, taking your advice, I installed SP2.35
    Alas, the display problem is the same as in SP2.33

    I'll continue using SP2.35 until a solution is found.
    Thanks again
    Thats strange that it affected portrait because the modded code runs only in landscape. Have you tried reinstalling and stopping/srarting SP few times in portrait then landscape. Sometimes SP can be funny when you rotate the device. Maybe something else going on. So far only Draco said it worked for him, so we need more testing for sure.

  4. #103
    Junior Member joelsobrinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brasil
    Age
    62
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I have a Moto G second generation, 16GB with the 32GB and more SDcard0 in SDcard1, and I installed Garmin Street Pilot res 800x480 v.2.33 non-root Android 4.2.2 to 4.4.4 in SDcard1.
    Is working.
    So far, I spotted a strange problem, I can not use the backspace key to correct the entry address. Someone knows something.
    Thank you.

  5. #104
    Moderator

    flagmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Ca
    Posts
    609
    Rep Power
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joelsobrinho View Post
    I have a Moto G second generation, 16GB with the 32GB and more SDcard0 in SDcard1, and I installed Garmin Street Pilot res 800x480 v.2.33 non-root Android 4.2.2 to 4.4.4 in SDcard1.
    Is working.
    So far, I spotted a strange problem, I can not use the backspace key to correct the entry address. Someone knows something.
    Thank you.
    This is a bug with SP and certain keyboards. A recommended work around is to use Swiftkey [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  6. #105
    Member +
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    0

    Default HTC One m7

    A really awesome development, this thread. Many thanks to the contributors.

    I noticed something strange; when I copy the Garmin StreetPilot folder for Kitkat content to my HTCm7 emulated/0/Android/data/ file the Map file will not be copied.
    the reason why I'm mentioning this is of course obvious: where do I put the map .img file?
    There are 2 .img files in com.garmin.android.apps.gmobilext/files/Garmin in .System

    Although I had everything up & running yesterday I "decided" to mess things up so I'm starting from scratch but can't get it done...

    EDIT:
    after digging a little further I got SP running again.

    for all HTC One m7 owners, I used:

    Garmin StreetPilot folder for Kitkat
    StreetPilot_2.33_noroot_android_storage_emulated_0

    Initially I used MyPhoneExplorer (through WiFi), a really useful application but because of the problem mentioned above (missing MAP file) this time I connected the phone with USB and copied all files to the internal memory.
    choosing the right APK for your phone is essential: StreetPilot_2.33_noroot_Android_emulated_0 will not work because it will point to the wrong location of the previously installed folder.

    I used ES File Explorer to find out how everything internally is aranged.
    Last edited by dustbite; 23rd November 2014 at 14:19.

  7. #106
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    arg
    Age
    46
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hello Guys, i need help.

    Firts, thanks for this garmin 4.2.2
    I installed it and is working, but i can not see the map, i mean.. it is recognize by the software, ican search and go and adreess, but instead of the map i see icons moving.
    i attached some pictures.

    any idea??

    thanks a lot

    25s955c 30w4kqx
    Last edited by flagmax; 23rd November 2014 at 21:00.

  8. #107
    Moderator

    flagmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Ca
    Posts
    609
    Rep Power
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bulls-ar View Post
    Hello Guys, i need help.

    Firts, thanks for this garmin 4.2.2
    I installed it and is working, but i can not see the map, i mean.. it is recognize by the software, ican search and go and adreess, but instead of the map i see icons moving.
    i attached some pictures.

    any idea??

    thanks a lot

    Spoiler: pics
    25s955c 30w4kqx
    That is pretty crazy. I suggest you also provide info about your device, OS, screen size... Have you tried other maps? Can you try other normal Streetpilot 2.33 or 2.35? The versions in this thread are modified specifically with 800x480 in mind.

  9. #108
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    arg
    Age
    46
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thank for answer!

    this is driving me crazy...... i have S3Mini, i8200N, resolution 800x480 , this App is the only i could have working. i tried other mpas and it is the same
    Jelly Bean 4.2.2

    dont know waht to do!

  10. #109
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flagmax View Post
    Thats strange that it affected portrait because the modded code runs only in landscape. Have you tried reinstalling and stopping/srarting SP few times in portrait then landscape. Sometimes SP can be funny when you rotate the device. Maybe something else going on. So far only Draco said it worked for him, so we need more testing for sure.
    @flagmax
    After several days of repeated installing, uninstalling, running, shutting down, resetting... even uninstalling and running the phone for a day before reinstalling ... the result is still the same.
    SP2.33 display is inverted in portrait mode, and correct in landscape mode.

    Regret that I cannot report good news.
    Thank you for your efforts, but I'll have to use SP 2.35 in portrait mode until a solution is found.

    (Nexus 5 unrooted running Lollipop 5.0 OTA)

  11. #110
    Moderator

    flagmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Ca
    Posts
    609
    Rep Power
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pattersn View Post
    @flagmax
    After several days of repeated installing, uninstalling, running, shutting down, resetting... even uninstalling and running the phone for a day before reinstalling ... the result is still the same.
    SP2.33 display is inverted in portrait mode, and correct in landscape mode.

    Regret that I cannot report good news.
    Thank you for your efforts, but I'll have to use SP 2.35 in portrait mode until a solution is found.

    (Nexus 5 unrooted running Lollipop 5.0 OTA)
    Is it really inverted or rotated upside-down? Try get a picture of it in portrait.

 

 
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.