Complete instructions in starting post:i'm trying it now, on SG2, but maps is not showing
may be a directry name
NOTE: Street Pilot supports cityxplorer maps and NTU maps. It acts like a Nuvi 34xx. You can create a folder ..........Package in starting post contains 12 themes.is anyone here has more theme for SP? where i can download it?
Please before posting in this thread , read it or it's useless to post files and instructions in starting post.
Post please about not yet given replies and infos.
Firstly I would like to apologise for my english - I'm from Poland.
Secondly I would like to thank for this thread - I'm using Garmin's software and devices for many years so StreetPilot is priceless for me.
I've Motorola RAZR MAXX (XT910 GSM version) with rooted Jelly Bean (4.1.2 version).
I've followed with instructions from first page and StreetPilot ran successfully in 90%. What have I done?
1. I've downloaded and copied Garmin's archive to external SD card called in my phone as "sdcard1" (internal memory is called as "sdcard0").
2. I've downloaded and copied "City Navigator Eeurope" maps (2013.41 NT version with 3D, timezones maps with JCV file for 1xxxx devices) to ./System folder.
3. I've installed StreetPilot with goodoane's APK installer.
4. I've copied "libgarminos.so" file ("/Storage/sdcard1/Garmin" version) to "/data/data/com.Garmin.Android.apps.gmobilext/lib/" folder.
5. I've copied "libgmxt.so" file to "/system/lib/" folder and changed its read permissions to "user", "group", "other" and write permissions to "user".
Most things works great:
- i've installed extra languages (german, polish) and they works probably OK (I don't have already checked it for 100%).
- I don't have problems with battery indicator and GPS signal.
- I can see CNE maps and they are routable. Searching by addresses works good.
- I can see my POI and GPX points.
What doesn't work?
- when I'm restarting my phone StreetPilot loses basemap. I've observed that StreetPilot is creating "Garmin" folder in internal memory with "GarminDevices.xml" (or something like that) file after every Android's restart. Also every restart there is new "libgmxt.so" file in "/data/data/com.Garmin.Android.apps.gmobilext/lib/" folder. When I repeat 4th and 5th step (with deleting "Garmin" folder from internal memory) everything is OK.
- extra maps. I've been creating "Map" folder in "Garmin" in internal and external memory with gmapsupp.img ("TOPO Poland 2011" map) and gmapsup2.img ("UMP" map) files - sadly StreetPilot doesn't see my extra maps.
Any ideas what's wrong?
The only thing I can think of is you didn't change permissions for libgarminos.so. For some reason that step was left out in the first post. You can find that info in post #27. Most likely you will have to set it's permissions and then recopy libgmxt.so and set it's permissions. Hopefully that will fix you up.
I don't know how to edit the 2.16 libgarminos file like the v1.49 one.
Yes, in fact, there is "mnt/sdcard-ext/" location in my Motorola RAZR MAXX too ("sdcard1" in "Storage" folder and "sdcard-ext" in "mnt" folder).
I would try "mnt/sdcard-ext/" location, but I couldn't find right "libgarminos.so" file for this location (there isn't any file for this type in the first post of this thread - maybe I didn't see it?).
Someone could help me or share "libgarminos.so" file for "mnt/sdcard-ext/" location?
I think you might have to ask qq123580 who made the libgarminos files for the other locations. Have you tried the V1.49 Streetpilot? That one has instructions on how to hex edit the libgarminos file yourself. For V2.16 I don't know what address the location is saved in.