Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 27 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 828
  1. #261
    Member +
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catymag View Post
    It remembers me when Garmin Mobile XT on Symbian was locked and we had to add the sw.unl or no gps signal.
    What about maps, can you see them ? I've read there are difficulties in unlocking them .
    No problem with maps and simulation.
    GPS search is continious whilst in Primo the GPS fix is on seconds

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #262
    Member +
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aetos View Post
    No luck and on my SGS2 ,4.1.2 rom , on 4.0.4 works perfect...
    Have you tried with all three lib files and DO Not rebbot after copy

  4. #263
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    greece
    Age
    46
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    yes , just like you say but ,black screen and ..say garmin stop workin ..in text insite say the permisions 0644 its the same with rr--r--r ??? beacouse this is sybmols and other numbers .. Libgarminos.so and Libgmxt.so use from link package bellow,

    ???? - I9100G??4.1.1???SO?? ??

    libmedix.so create using libmedia.so from your own ICS 4.0.4 ROM, renaming libmedia.so in libmedix.so

    tnx to wkj525 for solution!

    And then do these 2 things..

    1. copy Libgmxt.so and libmedix.so from archive to /system/lib/ with modified permissions 0644

    2. copy Libgarminos.so to /data/data/com.Garmin.Android.apps.gmobilext/lib


  5. #264
    ☼ADMIN☼
    catymag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    light side
    Posts
    23,612
    Rep Power
    5321

    Default

    @mermigas you have S3,
    not working on S2 with 4.1.2 rom: black screen and Garmin stops with error.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    You have to navigate to get to the good.
    Nuvi1250/Nuvi 34xx/Nuvi 2200/Nuvi 66/Oregon 600/Galaxy S5 MM 6.0.1/TomTom GO/iGO Nextgen Avic,Basar,Isr.Gift/Navigon
    Please don't flood my pm box with questions you can post on forum!! You won't hear back from me.

  6. #265
    Navigation software expert

    Ellinas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hellas
    Posts
    651
    Rep Power
    545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catymag View Post
    What about maps, can you see them ? I've read there are difficulties in unlocking them .
    For HD2 with ICS 4.0.4 (Nexus 2.7 running from SD) "Protected Garmin file toolkit" works perfect for unlocking the Greek part of City Navigator Europe, for gmap3d.img & Autodrive.

    screen 20121122 2125

    screen 20121122 2125 2

    screen 20121122 2126
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  7. #266
    ☼ADMIN☼
    catymag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    light side
    Posts
    23,612
    Rep Power
    5321

    Default

    I know on 4.0.4 is working fine, still trying to get it working on JB
    I'm not going to go back to ICS coz of hard brick bug
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    You have to navigate to get to the good.
    Nuvi1250/Nuvi 34xx/Nuvi 2200/Nuvi 66/Oregon 600/Galaxy S5 MM 6.0.1/TomTom GO/iGO Nextgen Avic,Basar,Isr.Gift/Navigon
    Please don't flood my pm box with questions you can post on forum!! You won't hear back from me.

  8. #267
    Member +
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Budapest
    Age
    36
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catymag View Post
    I know on 4.0.4 is working fine, still trying to get it working on JB
    I'm not going to go back to ICS coz of hard brick bug
    Hard brick bug on S2 is only exist with stock kernel. Use a good ROM (eg. PFittech's GTX Neutrino), with Siyah kernel, and you evade brick-bug.
    I'm using that one myself. And i reflashed ICS more than one, and no brick bug happened. (but my S2 is also affected, according to the brickbug detector app)

  9. #268
    Member + SuperSZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    argentina
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Now that we're talking about bricks, I must mention that after installing JB and noticing that Garmin didn't work, in an act of "extreme intelligence" I thought "mmm... if the program needs the libmedix.so file, maybe it doesn't need the libmedia.so file; I'm gonna delete that one". Result: brick. It just barely booted; just showed the "Samsung GT I9300 logo" (not even the spining blue thing around samsung that shows later) ... thankfully the vol up+power mode (the one you use to install roms, I don't remember its name) still worked but Odin didn't recognized my phone. So I hard to enter the other mode which I can't remember the name, and wipe data and reset to factory, THEN Odin recognized it, and then could bring life to my phone again. ... The good part is that I previously did a backup with Titanium Backup for my apps, the bad part is that the contact list was backed up by KIES and now my phone won't connect to KIES (I don't know why).

    This whole thing I wrote doesn't add much to the Garmin topic itself, except: DO NOT delete libmedia.so =P

  10. #269
    Member +
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catymag View Post
    @mermigas you have S3,
    not working on S2 with 4.1.2 rom: black screen and Garmin stops with error.
    I have S1 with experimental cyanogen 4.2.1 Rom.
    All is fine ,I can see maps and run simulation. The only problem is GPS fix most probably becauselib files are coming from the SII

  11. #270
    Member rastadoof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    22

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSZ View Post
    Now that we're talking about bricks, I must mention that after installing JB and noticing that Garmin didn't work, in an act of "extreme intelligence" I thought "mmm... if the program needs the libmedix.so file, maybe it doesn't need the libmedia.so file; I'm gonna delete that one". Result: brick. It just barely booted; just showed the "Samsung GT I9300 logo" (not even the spining blue thing around samsung that shows later) ... thankfully the vol up+power mode (the one you use to install roms, I don't remember its name) still worked but Odin didn't recognized my phone. So I hard to enter the other mode which I can't remember the name, and wipe data and reset to factory, THEN Odin recognized it, and then could bring life to my phone again. ... The good part is that I previously did a backup with Titanium Backup for my apps, the bad part is that the contact list was backed up by KIES and now my phone won't connect to KIES (I don't know why).

    This whole thing I wrote doesn't add much to the Garmin topic itself, except: DO NOT delete libmedia.so =P
    Lol....I tried to copy over libmedia.so with a version from CM9 (as that seems to be the way to get sound working) and...instant brick Was able to boot into recovery mode and flash the rom again....lolz.

    Update: I've been able to get it up and running "with sound" on my S3 and 4.1.2, but like everyone else I have no GPS lock. But for some reason I can only get it working "with sound" on CyanogenMod based roms. I'm searching everywhere for an older 4.1.1 CM10 nightly to test on but am not having much luck.

 

 
Page 27 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.