Hi guys, are there any changes in the 2.3 version about the authentication?
I had to delete all the previous garmin navi versions, so now it's a fresh new install. And I seem to have problems with the editing of the host file (to block the garmin app), it does nothing, so my new version of garmin is dead. Any ideas? Thanks!
REQUIREMENTS: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 5.1 or later.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Download Garmin StreetPilot® Onboard U.S.A. and give your iPhone® or iPad® the best in GPS navigation with photoReal junction views, 3D buildings, speed/red light camera alerts and more.
Garmin StreetPilot U.S.A. is packed full of great navigation features from Garmin, the world leader in GPS navigation. The app is the first iPhone navigation app to include Garmin’s exclusive photoReal images of complex junctions to help you navigate with confidence. It also includes rich mapping with detailed 3D buildings and landmarks, lane guidance, speed/red light camera alerts and many other advanced features, while remaining simple and easy to use.
Optional in-app purchases include integrated real-time traffic updates, photoLive traffic cameras and fuel pricing.
• Industry-leading Garmin user interface
• Voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions including spoken street names
• Millions of preloaded points of interest including gas stations, restaurants and other businesses
• Integrated Google™ Local Search
• Maps for the United States (lower 49 states) installed on your device, so wireless coverage is not required to navigate
• 3D buildings and landmarks
• Lane assist with photoReal junction view provides a photo-realistic illustration of the correct lane for different maneuvers
• Integrated red light and speed camera database including community-generated alerts
• Speed limits for most major roads with the capability to report speed limit changes or errors
• Where Am I? emergency locator shows your exact latitude and longitude, the nearest address and intersection, and the closest hospitals, police stations and gas stations
• Exit services allow you to quickly see services such as restaurants, gas stations and lodging available at exits along your route
• Trip planner allows you to create a route with multiple stops in advance with automatic or manual ordering of destinations
• Address book integration so you can easily navigate to contacts
• Trip computer includes a compass heading and bearing indicator, resettable odometer and trip statistics such as arrival distance, next turn time and average moving speed
• Trip log enables an electronic breadcrumb trail that shows you where you’ve been
• Weather feature shows current conditions and a 5-day forecast
• Location sharing via Facebook or SMS
Garmin StreetPilot has been designed to run on iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS, and it works on GPS-enabled iPads as well.
Map coverage- Garmin StreetPilot U.S.A. (Lower 49 States)
United States (excluding Alaska), Plus Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, The Bahamas, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Saint Barthélemy
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's new in Version 2.3
✓ iCloud helps to keep your favorites in sync across all your iOS devices.
✓ Foursquare provides access to millions of venues worldwide. After logging-in with your Foursquare account you'll get personalized suggestions or check-in automatically when arriving at your destination.
✓ Glympse is the quickest and easiest way to share your real-time location and estimated time of arrival with anyone. No sign-up required.
✓ Last Mile automatically offers a pedestrian navigation when you park your car near your destination.
✓ Updated NAVTEQ maps.
Last edited by catymag; 7th January 2013 at 03:02 PM.
Reason: replaced link
You have to navigate to get to the good.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Password for my files: gpspower.net Please don't flood my pm box with questions you can post on forum!! You won't hear back from me. Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600
as i can see i am not the first one to try new version 2.3 and run into authentication failure problems,downloaded with maps and of course you get the message "maps activation requires internet connection" but that was the easy part took away maps repacked it also made one more version with unlocked maps both of them get past the maps activation thingy no problems but none of them gets past authentication failure even though i tried bllocking it with firewall,editing hosts file with every combination i could think of nothing helps,i also wnt deep into system and compared 2.2(works without any problems) and 2.3 and for the life of me i cannot see what is the difference and have they changed,anyone else (who has better eyes than me)tried?any ideas