Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Yes, I did mod the host and I did try running it right after install. I also tried this with the "Onboard" version
    as well as a few others. I also tried "Airplane" mode and WiFi shut off

    As Mentioned, one of the versions I have tried works on my 8GB iPhone but not on my 16GB iPhone.
    The very first install worked on my 16GB iPhone to the point where I would get the message talking about activation.
    Then later it started with the "open then close" problem.
    This is why I wonder if I either have a conflict with another program installed or if the Garmin program writes something
    to an area in the iPhone that is not getting deleted with an uninstall

    Ken

    Quote Originally Posted by gilegue View Post
    Have you try my second suggestion @ post #2? I do have a couple of similar problem in the past (not too long ago) and my second suggestion works every single time.

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hmmm... From your description, you haven't really mention a single step of:

    [hide]1. Get a copy of the garmin western europe no map from here.
    2. Change the extension to .rar or .zip and extract it somewhere.
    3. Copy "garmin-nav" file from payload\garmin-nav.app\
    4. Paste this to your app directory in your iPhone (i.e. "var\mobile\Applications\[APP DIR]\garmin-nav.app\").
    5. Change the owner and permission of the file.
    6. Re-run your garmin onboard.[/hide]

    I am not sure if you already done the above step due my unclear direction at post #2. Just in case you haven't done it, I suppose try this step first. But if you already done this and the problem persist, I don't think I have another idea other than uninstall your garmin, go to your "var\mobile\Applications\[APP DIR]\" and make sure your garmin folder is gone. Reboot your iPhone and install your garmin again.
    Hope this help.

  4. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Using the standard method of deleting a program(hold icon until it wiggles) I followed up by using iFile
    to confirm in the "var\mobile\Applications\[APP DIR]\" and it is gone. What I don't know if there are
    other areas the program gets installed that could be causing my problem or if I have a conflict with another
    installed program.

    Ken

    Quote Originally Posted by gilegue View Post
    Hmmm... From your description, you haven't really mention a single step of:

    ***Hidden content cannot be quoted.***

    I am not sure if you already done the above step due my unclear direction at post #2. Just in case you haven't done it, I suppose try this step first. But if you already done this and the problem persist, I don't think I have another idea other than uninstall your garmin, go to your "var\mobile\Applications\[APP DIR]\" and make sure your garmin folder is gone. Reboot your iPhone and install your garmin again.
    Hope this help.

  5. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Time out fail

    using iFile I was reading the "Crash Reports" for the Garmin program. I found a statement
    "failed to launch in time"

    Ken

  6. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Ok, I think I understand the situation. Assuming that you change a file or more in the installation directory, you have not change the file ownership and permission accordingly. This way, the application that by default should be able to access/read/run the file have not has an appropriate permission to do what it is suppose to do. This is I think what happened in your case (from the log file information).

  7. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Ownership

    Using iFile, I did change the ownership based on info I have read as to what to change it too.

    Very puzzling this problem. I still wonder if one of the other programs is in conflict with
    it. Might start deleting some programs.

    Ken

    Quote Originally Posted by gilegue View Post
    Ok, I think I understand the situation. Assuming that you change a file or more in the installation directory, you have not change the file ownership and permission accordingly. This way, the application that by default should be able to access/read/run the file have not has an appropriate permission to do what it is suppose to do. This is I think what happened in your case (from the log file information).

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.