Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 10 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 545
  1. #91
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    @omcx123 and @Neil, Thank you so much for your quick responses. I was able to get the app working now after following your exact steps. Thank you so much.


    Quote Originally Posted by omcx123 View Post
    @trav7414

    If u are looking for USA map, u can download from here:

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    download the CN North America NT 2012.40 UNLOCKED IMG - NOT the MAPSOURCE one.

    You should also re-download the JCV file and replace the JCV file in the /var/mobile/Applications/???numbers???/garmin-nav.app/storage-usa/.System/JCV folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    @trav7414
    Be aware that some of that info is simply wrong or misleading. i.e.:

    Correct advice is: 'You really should (or must) keep this map. The main use for basemap is to allow for browsing big areas. Detailed maps just are not able to cope with that. With big zooms, the device switches to the basemap. Without a basemap everything will work very slowly or may even crash. A more detailed explanation by Catymag here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]'.

    Correct advice is: '...the map downloaded from installous is locked. If it is the map you require, simply unlock it with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. If it is not the required map, you can delete it and download any map from the Index: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. A locked image can of course be unlocked with FUI. For use of a mapsouce map see below.

    Correct advice is: Quickest way if you want the full map is to dl an image file. However CNNTNA & CNNTEU are big files so if you don't need the whole map and space is an issue, the best way is to dl the full Mapsource version or a gmap folder and just select the parts you require with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. A very easy program to use for most people. Read the MS thread on tips for using the patched MS version, also a very good tut is in catymag's thread [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

    @omcx123
    Replying to me by definition is not ignoring me. You probably meant "I shall ignore you from now on", which is fine by me. I see you have not learned anything in regard to posting wrong & misleading information ie: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. I suggest you do some self-education on Garmin: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] although i doubt you will listen to me this time either.

    Owww! Sticks & stones etc . Wow...glad you made it clearer .
    Last edited by trav7414; 25th February 2012 at 05:08.

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #92
    Garmin/GPS Systems GMod.

    Neil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oz.
    Posts
    7,399
    Rep Power
    1434

    Default

    @myshadow
    Is your map named gmapprom.img and is it unlocked? If you are not sure if it's locked or not, just run [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] on it. As far as the app in Post #1 of this thread is concerned, the right place for the map is .System folder. There should also be a basemap in the .System folder name gmapbmap.img.

    Your english is fine

  4. #93
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    @Neil which advice did i give which was wrong?

    1. I said to keep the basemap. U said the same. I have used the app without d basemap. No problems.

    2. I said to delete the gmapprom. You recommended to unlock the map. The reason i said to delete it is because the map is outdated. But u wouldnt know that because u dont have an iphone.
    3. I said not to download the mapsource version. U explained how to use the mapsource version. To iPhone users, they are not concerned about how to use the mapsource version. They just want it to work. I pointed out d fastest way.

    @trav7414 thanked us both but why dont u ask @trav7414 which method he used?

    @myshadow you downloaded the wrong program.

    Delete it.

    Search for "Garmin" in installous.

    Select Garmin USA. (Not StreetPilot)

    @Neil couldnt help u because he is a dinasour using a Nokia. He is hanging out in the iPhone section to try to hang with the cooler guys.

  5. #94
    Garmin/GPS Systems GMod.

    Neil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oz.
    Posts
    7,399
    Rep Power
    1434

    Default

    @omcx123
    If you think this is the iphone section, you are really confused. Check the forum...lol.
    PS: are we talking again, sweetie?
    Last edited by Neil; 25th February 2012 at 10:49. Reason: Thought you were ignoring me.

  6. #95
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omcx123 View Post
    @Neil which advice did i give which was wrong?

    1. I said to keep the basemap. U said the same. I have used the app without d basemap. No problems.

    2. I said to delete the gmapprom. You recommended to unlock the map. The reason i said to delete it is because the map is outdated. But u wouldnt know that because u dont have an iphone.
    3. I said not to download the mapsource version. U explained how to use the mapsource version. To iPhone users, they are not concerned about how to use the mapsource version. They just want it to work. I pointed out d fastest way.

    @trav7414 thanked us both but why don't u ask @trav7414 which method he used?
    Well I used your method but @Neil detail descriptions give me more understanding why I have to delete or kept what file, so both you guys help me . Are you guys fighting against each other to see who's better? Well both of you really help everyone of us a lot. Without your guy's help we won't get anything working right Thanks again and stop arguing

  7. #96
    Member + jamie oliver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    :Animated106: Neil and omcx123 are 2 helping guys and we appreciate them, thanks :anim18):

  8. #97
    Garmin/GPS Systems GMod.

    Neil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oz.
    Posts
    7,399
    Rep Power
    1434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trav7414 View Post
    Well I used your method but @Neil detail descriptions give me more understanding why I have to delete or kept what file, so both you guys help me . Are you guys fighting against each other to see who's better? Well both of you really help everyone of us a lot. Without your guy's help we won't get anything working right Thanks again and stop arguing
    Wise words indeed. I'm over it anyway. My last words on this disharmony are in this post .
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie oliver View Post
    ... Neil and omcx123 are 2 helping guys and we appreciate them, thanks ...
    Touche! Let's get back to cookin' cures not curses you say, jamie oliver?
    ....ooo00ooo....
    To you both, thanks for pouring oil on troubled waters. However, my last salvo to omcx123 was already made above your posts. I had decided to both, not make, or respond to, any further taunts in any case and i hope this is the end of it. I will of course continue to correct any incorrect/inaccurate/misleading/incomplete posting by anyone, as i'm sure both of you, omcx123 and any other member in a position to do so would and should.
    ....ooo00ooo....
    To omcx123, best to just agree that you know more about iphone/iOS and that i probably know more about garmin. If you don't agree with that.... then let's just agree to disagree and get back to work. Cheers

  9. #98
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sofia
    Age
    31
    Posts
    919
    Rep Power
    213

    Default

    Garmin StreetPilot® Taiwan - A Taiwanese version was released:



    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Waiting for the hero who would post the ipa

  10. #99
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    @Neil i have some questions for u.

    I am using the USA map downloaded from here : [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    1. Which JCV file do i load? How do i choose? Both?
    2. Which SID file do i load? How do i choose? All?
    3. Which .db file do i load? How do i choose? Both?
    4. Which asr file do i load? How do i choose? All?

  11. #100
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Suriname
    Age
    45
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    This is just a shot in the dark, but seeing you haven't had any other suggestions: With some garmin devices/software, search is incomplete or unreliable if you don't have a good satellite fix. Maybe it's the same with Garmin/iphone.
    @Neil,

    Thanks for you reply.
    I am using a custom map of my country Suriname which is build with MPC. There are also a few 3D buildings which show up nicely on my iphone.
    The custom map (routable + 3D) works very well in my NUVI device, however when I place it on the iphone with all of the permissions set as stated in previous posts, I get the following:
    1. When using address search, it first asks for the housenumber, after pressing next Garmin asks for the streetname. While typing the name Garmin gives suggestions just under the textfield. The correct streetnames appear as suggestions so I guess somehow Garmin finds the streets. But when selecting one of the suggestions or typing the full name, it just says street not found.
    2. I just noticed also that when searching for POI's, the POI's are shown in a list and I can choose them. But there is also a searchbox but that doesn't work. Just after typing the first letter it says "not found".
    3. Weird enough when I search for intersections everything works perfectly. So it somehow can find the streetnames here but not in address search.

    Maybe there is an option in MPC which needs to be set to have address search and POI search work on the iphone. Again, this works on the NUVI.
    Oh, one more thing. I have used a custom map compiled in cGPSMapper and when searching for streets it crashes.

    P.S. I am using the official North American 2.0 version which I (legally) bought. Set me back $ 59 + tax. Oh, and everything with the North American maps work well.

 

 
Page 10 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.