How to install multiple maps on Garmin the easy way
1) name the map1.img to gmapbmap.img and place in Garmin folder
(this is usually the World Base map and is usually not routable)
2) rename map2.img to gmapprom.img and place into Garmin folder. Use the JetMouse keygen (you'll need the mapID no.) to generate the map unlock code. Copy the code and paste into a text file, and name it gmapprom.unl, and place in Garmin folder.
3) rename map3.img to gmapsupp.img and place in Garmin folder. Repeat the process to generate unlock code for the map and name gmapsupp.unl.
4) rename map4.img to gmapsup2.img and place in Garmin folder. Repeat the process to unlock the map, and name gmapsup2.unl
5) rename map5.img to gmapsupp.img and place in Garmin/App/ folder. Repeat the process to unlock the code, and name gmapsupp.unl and place in Garmin/App folder. This last map doesn't always work though.
You can check that everything is working by opening GarminXT>Tools>Manage Maps....all maps should be showing.
you can also use the Garmin unlocker program to unlock all you maps on the computer first, then rename and transferring to Garmin folder on your device
this is shown here
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Can these be used with Windows Mobile device? Why the 8.0 map is bigger than 8.1?
Thanks for this,it works with my nokia n95.
Is this map including the map of phuket? cos i'll go there on Aug...
Can anybody provide me link to download this map from megaupload?
I cannot download from rapidshare.
Or somebody send to my e-mail keng_gee yahoo.com
is phuket map included in this map?