Well despite garmin's info, the 16 GB is detected and the map size is shown into the card info screen. The problem is that the GPS locks about 10 seconds after the map is detected. I have checked the number of tiles this map has and it is way within the limits my GPS can handle . Maybe there is just too much data for the GPS processor. After all, this is not the most recent GPS. I have used Gmaptool to split the map and it works well. I guess I will need to import it to Mapsource just to see the name of the tiles I do need and go back to Gmaptool to extract them. It's a long process but Routing and searches are working perfectly.