Navionics SonarChart for use with Garmin chartplotters and handhelds have been successfully beta-tested on several Garmin GPS devices that use SD/MSD cards for their charts.
However, we must inform users that, in December 2014, Garmin announced a change to their software thus making their devices incompatible with Navionics charts. Customers that utilize software version 2015.0202 or newer will no longer be able to use Navionics charts.
For any enquiries on software updates on Garmin plotters please contact Garmin customer service (
Hello gentlemens, I really appreciate your help. What I have tried:
- Deleting the map from the device Memory then unlocked it again with gimgtools and I Create the folder \Garmin on my SD card and copying the "gmapsupp.img" into the folder.
- All other maps were deleted \ deaktivated to ensure there is no conflict.
- trying to change transparency
Unfortunately it doesn´t work for me. ;(
Catymag / Sorry ,I asked to upload the Locked Version again. maybe the uploaded map by FireFox58 is corrupted !!!!!
and here is the Area that seems to be locked: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
here is the log file from my map installed into my device:
I don't have a locked map, this is a prototype map, probably it doesn't exist a locked version.
Edit: Look at the map in Homeport, IMHO that region is not covered.
You have to navigate to get to the good.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Password for my files: gpspower.net Please don't flood my pm box with questions you can post on forum!! You won't hear back from me. Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600
Actually I see the same problem area now on my Oregon 600 (dark blue area) like your picture from post #9.
I analysed the gmapsupp.img from post #1. :
- there is no FID/PID written in the mapfile (JaVaWa Device Manager don't recognize the maps).
- I split the map for Mapsource with GMapTool, write a FID/PID and registered the map.
- Select the whole map in Mapsource and send to my Oregon to make a new gmapsupp.img
- Same problem: still the dark blue area.
- Further analyse in Mapsource by selecting/deselecting maptiles: there is one tile: "_v85_MSDGAR33SC_Prototype I0000055" that covers the blue area and also covers the smaller (normal) maptiles in that area. So there is no maptiles missed or locked, but there is an overlap in maptiles. Mapsource, Basecamp, Homeport: no problem, I don't see that dark blue area, just the correct maptiles. But on your gps-device that gives a problem (maptiles with same FID, same area
So far now, I proceed to analyze, experimenting.
(making a new gmapsupp.img without that xx55 maptile I guess, or making maptile xx55 transparant).
I've already had a feeling that something is wrong with this map, thanks so much for this Information , I m not expert at editing maps but i will also give a try to make maptile xx55 transparant or may be use the cGPSmapper program to check the overlap in maptiles...
merci and I'm waiting to get some results from you ^^
I think the best solution is to set All the Map transparent like the description in Post #8 , it works for me , I tried splitting the map and edit it with GPSmapEDit like Changing The latitude coordinate and the longitude coordinate on overlapped regions xx85 and xx112 then set it to transparent, but i dont know how to export it again to img.file;;;;