Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 176
  1. #91
    Master spijun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SA
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceMatrix View Post
    Hi, until the next time I installed my Kenwood DNX7210BT NT versions of the maps today I tried to install the NTU and see the map and tried to do some research and works without problems or how I can see if they really work 100 %? I tried to do a search in white russia and I see written not with strange symbols just normal?

    Then my Kenwood has a split screen photoreal and TrafficTrendsv3 I download versions for the 34xx or 37xx series?

    Thanks to all for the help
    By Kenwood last map for your device is 2014:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Enjoy life

  2.    Advertissements


  3. #92
    Important User


    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    598
    Rep Power
    368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warblade52 View Post
    Have a small problem...CityXplorer Europe 2014.10 all in one file FID 800 map is operating on 3590 with relevant .unl file on SD card. But, full NA cityxplorer 2014.10 is not shown on list of maps, though it has a .unl file also on the same SD named as the .img file... Are they conflicting?
    There are other maps with the same FID (800), maybe you have Anadigit Topo Navigator on your Nuvi as well?
    Nüvi 2595 / 60CSx / 62s / Oregon 600

  4. #93
    Junior Member IceMatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Italia
    Age
    42
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spijun View Post
    By Kenwood last map for your device is 2014:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Kenwood seel only a map a year and old version 2014 is the 2013 now I have NT 2014.40 in map kenwood
    Last edited by IceMatrix; 3rd June 2014 at 15:31.

  5. #94
    Member +
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    İstanbul
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    @Mapperoni

    No there are no TOPO maps...

  6. #95
    Navigation software expert

    Giomen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Suomi-Russia
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,579
    Rep Power
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spacecake View Post
    After update my Garmin Nüvi 3760T with map 2015.10, South Europe, I have problems when creating a route. A 2 km trip appears as a trip of 57 km. Also, when routing to England, my nüvi creates a strange route. (I added England to South Europe maps).
    As I understand you have two region in two separated files. So it is obvious behavior because you have problem with routing nodes from each maps and its are not related each other as fact. Try install full coverage of Europe and it is the best. Or you can try to make one files by using Mapinstall without hole in coverage.
    Love your wife? Buy yourself a GPS for answering to her favorite question: "Dear, where are you?".

  7. #96
    Garmin/GPS Systems GMod.

    Neil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oz.
    Posts
    7,407
    Rep Power
    1435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warblade52 View Post
    Caty,

    Do you have any idea which extensions, like ASR,G2S SID, SQLite,JCV can be stored in.System file on SD card?.. Or they can be stored in Garmin folder onSD card. For 3590 and 3790..


    Orrr do they have to be on main unit .System folder?
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    @warblade52
    .System folder on the card won't work at all. Much of what you've mentioned will work in a Garmin root folder on the card though. Any language-specific *.srd files need to remain on the unit in .System/ASR because they cannot work from the card, but the map-related *.asr and *.srx files can go in sd:/Garmin/ASR.
    Quote Originally Posted by warblade52 View Post
    @Neil,

    When you say 'much off', which ones do you mean exactly?

    Have a small problem...CityXplorer Europe 2014.10 all in one file FID 800 map is operating on 3590 with relevant .unl file on SD card. But, full NA cityxplorer 2014.10 is not shown on list of maps, though it has a .unl file also on the same SD named as the .img file... Are they conflicting?
    The statement stands for itself i'd have thought, in particular "Any language-specific *.srd files need to remain on the unit in .System/ASR because they cannot work from the card". I've not tried SQLite folder on the card, but all else you've mentioned works in Garmin folder other than *.srd files as said. Try everything from .System, move them back if they don't work and report, but do it here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. You've already posted similarly in there about this a couple of years back anyway.

    About the CX NA, check the names of *.img and *unl are identical [something like a double extension [eg. CX_NA.unl.txt] is a common mistake because under 'Save as Type' in Notepad 'All Files [*.*]' isn't selected over default '*txt' while in Windows Folder Options 'Hide extensions for known file types' is checked. Regardless, remake the unl file with JM ensuring 800,1,0,0 only is used. Again, if you have further problems please post in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] It's all quite OT here.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

  8. #97
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    /dev0
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolypop000 View Post
    @tropp007

    Do you try search by address on 765 and test JCV?
    All work fine.

  9. #98
    Member +
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    İstanbul
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    The statement stands for itself i'd have thought, in particular "Any language-specific *.srd files need to remain on the unit in .System/ASR because they cannot work from the card". I've not tried SQLite folder on the card, but all else you've mentioned works in Garmin folder other than *.srd files as said. Try everything from .System, move them back if they don't work and report, but do it here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. You've already posted similarly in there about this a couple of years back anyway.

    About the CX NA, check the names of *.img and *unl are identical [something like a double extension [eg. CX_NA.unl.txt] is a common mistake because under 'Save as Type' in Notepad 'All Files [*.*]' isn't selected over default '*txt' while in Windows Folder Options 'Hide extensions for known file types' is checked. Regardless, remake the unl file with JM ensuring 800,1,0,0 only is used. Again, if you have further problems please post in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] It's all quite OT here.
    Neil,

    Thanks for the explanations. I forget to tell I am using all kind of macs in office and home, so windows problems are not an issue for me. I also have vmware on macs for windows for such peculiar works as jetmouse and so on. I am cross checking the unl files to have them storing the jet mouse outcome properly. But still NA files are not working but EU are for cityxplorer. From now on I will use the said forums.

  10. #99
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giomen View Post
    As I understand you have two region in two separated files. So it is obvious behavior because you have problem with routing nodes from each maps and its are not related each other as fact. Try install full coverage of Europe and it is the best. Or you can try to make one files by using Mapinstall without hole in coverage.
    Thanks for your response.
    I downloaded South Europe, because there is no Western Europe. I called Garmin Support and the send me an email how to add England or other countries to South Europe.
    But, I bought a 8GB Micro SD card, put complete Europe on it and the problems with wrong routes are gone. Only, when I try to calculate a SHORT route from Uden (Nethetlands) to Clermont-Ferrand (France), it does not give any result. FAST and Economy are no problem.

    @sbog and @dasilvarsa.
    I have read your replies, thanks.
    I did reinstall the map, reinstall the software, avoidancies are ok, but no solution. A new 8GB SD card finaly did the job, (allmost).
    See my answer above.

  11. #100
    Important User

    Roger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Browsing ...
    Posts
    1,173
    Rep Power
    1073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spacecake View Post
    T Only, when I try to calculate a SHORT route from Uden (Nethetlands) to Clermont-Ferrand (France), it does not give any result. FAST and Economy are no problem.
    Sorry...but 813km with SHORT route? No hightway or street-pay? Problems with this case/route is normally:the way-points are too (tipically are 1000).
    Probably the results of the route you have them after several minutes of computation....perhaps

 

 
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.