it is so big because it has full screen high res landscape images for all junction views instead of portrait, so it takes up double the space
So I assume it's safe to say the 752 MB D3060030A.jcv will give me the most junction views and the clearest images
on my 765T, but paying the price by doubling the size of the file.
Problem: Unlocked North America will not install. Symptom:
Error reading from file .\Product1\00382879\I07F61BB.GMP
If I ignore, I get it again on a different directory.
What I did:
1) Windows 7 Home Premium that is 3 days old - I am trying to slowly replace an older Vista machine that is having some problems.
2) Installed BaseCamp
3) Installed MapSource 6.1.3
4) Renamed executable and copied patched version
5) Downloaded the 4 part UNLOCKED NA 2012.20 from links in the first post of this thread with no apparent problems
6) Downloaded the installation portion from a link in the first post
7) Tried extracting with WinRAR - but failed
8) Successfully extracted all 4 parts with WinZip (trial) to c:\maps\ by only selecting the .ZIP file
9) Successfully extracted the 2 installer files to C:\maps\City Navigator North America NT 2012.20.gmap\
10) Run the installer
Note that on the older computer I successfully installed and used the 2012.10 North America - but I used LOCKED files. And Fast Image Unlocker.
Q1) Did I do something obviously wrong?
Q2) Is it worth trying with the LOCKED files and unlock them post installation?
just copy City Navigator North America NT 2012.20.gmap to C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Maps, it will be in Mapsource : no installers needed with newer Mapsource versions
Please full mapset torrent WITH msi updater / installer!
I found my problem. It was that I unzipped the 2 installer files to the wrong directory.
I incorrectly installed *in* the directory .\City Navigator North America NT 2012.20.gmap
After I reread *carefully* I moved the 2 install files to the directory that contains .\City Navigator North America NT 2012.20.gmap (1 level UP)
Success. And thanks for the support!
I just downloaded the latest JCV D3060030A.jcv. In all my previous installs I always place the jcv file inside the JCV folder in my main memory. My European maps in my SD card with the jcv file inside the JCV folder inside the SD card also. Is this correct for this version also? As I am in Europe at the moment there is no way to test this.
Also, maybe someone knows the answer to this. While driving in Europe I find that I don't see any Junction views. Might this be caused by where I have the JCV file for the European maps?