You have to navigate to get to the good.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Password for my files: gpspower.net
Please don't flood my pm box with questions you can post on forum!! You won't hear back from me.
Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600
If anyone has the ASR files for this release, it would be greatly appreciated if you could upload them.
Hey guys, I have a 765t and I got the regular and 3d maps to work but I can't seem to get the lane assist or junction view to work. I put this file in my jcv folder on the internal memory and deleted the previous jcv file: D3060020A.JCV
Is this not the correct jcv file for my GPS?
JCV file is tested in 755T(same serie) and works without problem.
- select a destination far away and simulate the driveCode:Please Login or Register to see the links
- press the upper-left of the screen to look at the next intersection
- press the down-arrow to look at every next intersection
- the ones with lane assist [turns blue] will have the option to view the JCV-picture
- on a cost-to-cost simulate drive you must see a few
start anywhere you like if in simulate mode:
- on main-menu: stop current route [red cross, if any]
- go to the map page
- press on the map to go to 2D-screen
- zoom-out [until you see the globe if you have to]
- set the pointer anywhere you want [Africa, Australia, Europe, America . . . .]
- zoom-in and set the pointer more accurate to the place you want
- press Set Loc.
- now you can do anything you want from your new "current location"
good for testing or view your next holiday destination
Last edited by Ballebar; 21st May 2011 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Edited official Garmin link to be inside CODE tag
just put the updates on a SD-card !
get the nuvi to work properly, restore to previous or original map data
- on a 7x5 you have:
* gmapprom.img [unlock it]
* gmap3d.img [works only with the right gmapprom.img AND unlock it]
* gmaptz.img [don't need updates, unless the government changes the timezones you live in]
* gmapbmap.img [get a worldwide autoroute version (=50MB) if you have a americas or atlantic version]
* JCV/xxxxxxxx.jcv [works only with the right gmapprom.img]
additional maps [if any internal space left]
* gmapprom1.img [any map you want, maybe a local TOPO map]
* gmapsupp.img [any map you want, maybe a holiday or travel map]
keep at least 10 to 25 MB FREE space [needed for system updates etc.]
Updating your maps:
It is almost the same as updating the internal maps, but it is faster and more safe.
- note the difference in img-file names
- you may also put other maps on the SD-card [america, europe, azia, africa, TOPO-maps or any other holiday destination]
- have multiple SD-cards with different map-sets or versions
- safe: if you don't do it correct just remove the SD-card and the nuvi still functions
Get a 4GB SD-card:
- format it to FAT32 [no FAT, exFAT or NTFS]
- files to put on it [see post 1]
- [SD]\garmin\gmapsupp.img [make it yourself with mapsource or get one somewhere]
- [SD]\garmin\gmap3d1.img [rename a unlocked gmap3d.img to gmap3d1.img]
note: you may only have 1 gmap3d1.img file [internal OR on SD]
-put the SD-card in your nuvi and turn it on, if maps don't show reboot once more
-go to the Map Info page and select/deselect the map you want
Last edited by qwik; 21st May 2011 at 07:59 AM.
Dang, the unlocked 2012 img does not fit on my device. I've never had that issue before. I have an old school Nuvi 200. I am short 5 mb.